Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249610 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1335 on: March 19, 2023, 05:02:59 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Not today but yesterday I bought the remains of a 400w Wide-Lite F-series as a source of parts for my other ones .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:50:31 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1336 on: March 20, 2023, 10:25:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I started sorting thru some MV lamps .I found a few nothing special DOA lamps that are taking a one way trip to the lamp factory in the sky !

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1337 on: March 21, 2023, 11:18:15 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but last light-related thing I did was convert a 8xF54T5 fixture to 8xF28T5 (one of the ballasts was bad so only 4 lamps lit, and I don't need that much brightness)
Similar to this fixture , just a different brand.

After the conversion was complete, it got installed inplace of this homebuilt thing ...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1338 on: March 22, 2023, 08:43:08 PM » Author: 108CAM
Went back to the house that's getting demolished and salvaged 2 ceiling fans for someone who was interested in them. While doing so, I found the light bulb cupboard and took everything. I plan to go back to the house and save the last of the unsalvaged light bulbs plus some ceiling fan parts I forgot to get during the fan salvage.

With the utilities taking forever and the house being right next to mine with doors wide open, I hope it buys me enough time to salvage anything else I want to get before it turns to rubble.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1339 on: March 22, 2023, 10:39:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
That ^ reminds me .. I junked a ceiling fan last week..
The metal parts/motor/lights are laying in a pile on a table on the patio, the blades are in the firewood pile (lightbulbs were kept for later use, the glass covers were kept too & will be donated to goodwill or habitat)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1340 on: March 23, 2023, 01:06:28 AM » Author: 108CAM
Went back to the house again and saved the remaining light bulbs and some door hardware.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1341 on: March 23, 2023, 07:22:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Unpacked and photographed all of my recent arrivals . For some reason , despite maving WAY different ETA's , Everything arrived at once !!  One of which was the remains of a 400w Wide-Lite F-series I bought as parts for 2 of the other 400w F-series' I bought a while back . It's already been disassembled , bagged & tagged Ready for donor service !  It had the remains of a GE H400-J1 Color Improved lamp inside . It looks to have had rather high hours on it .   PHOTOS OF EVERYTHING COMING SOON !

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1342 on: March 24, 2023, 08:44:31 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Today I tested the electrical data of my previously purchased OSRAM QT-DIM dimming ballast at 100% brightness.

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1343 on: March 24, 2023, 09:05:51 PM » Author: 108CAM
I'll be starting work on cleaning up the B2224's I got about a week ago. Been very busy salvaging stuff from the house next to mine which is getting demolished so haven't had time to work on them.

Will also do my final check over the house as it's doomsday will likely be next week and my parents are getting quite picky about me going over despite the fact I've been inside abandoned houses and buildings that were in far worse shape compared to the house I'm salvaging stuff from.

Someone else had gotten to the hardwood floor boards and salvaged about 75% of them. This wasn't a surprise when you consider how expensive hardwood is these days. They busted out several windows so they didn't have to maneuver the boards through the tight areas and out the front door which is actually on the side of the house. These people knew what they were doing and had prior experience with salvaging floorboards. They knew what was worth saving and what wasn't. 

I'm imagining the surprise that the demolition crew will get when they walk inside and discover that over half the floor is gone.

1925-2002

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1344 on: March 25, 2023, 01:20:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'm posting this from a lights meetup(so there's my light-related for the day)

I also plan to do a small setup for 'Human Achievement Hour' tonight.(unless it snows)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1345 on: March 25, 2023, 02:21:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
TBH I forgot that "Human Achievement Hour" was still a thing. I remember when it was all over the news in the late 2000s and early 2010s and I thought it just died out.
CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1346 on: March 25, 2023, 06:42:19 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
I recently discovered a large number of incandescent light bulbs in my basement :inc:!         

The majority of them are 60 watt and 620 lumen NOMA A15 E 26 incandescent bulbs. The other few are Sylvania A21 E26 incandescent lights, which have an output of 640 lumens and 69 watts.

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1347 on: March 25, 2023, 08:10:37 PM » Author: joseph_125
Those 69w 640lm incandescent lamps are probably intended for traffic signals but will work fine in regular fixtures base down or horizontally. 69w was typically used in 8" vehicle signals although some places used them in 12" pedestrian signals too.

I remember picking up around a dozen of them a few years ago at the Brampton Restore.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1348 on: March 25, 2023, 09:18:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: joseph_125
TBH I forgot that "Human Achievement Hour" was still a thing.
Yeah, its not really a thing anymore. .lol.
I'm gonna fire up a few lights just for the heck of it..
(plus it gives me a good excuse to run my SOX)

------------------
One little light-related thing I just did this evening: repaired a set of Christmas lights that only half of worked, had 5 dead LEDs.
(being fixed now it can be put away.)

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1349 on: March 26, 2023, 06:24:23 AM » Author: 108CAM
Saved the final 3 light bulbs from the house that's getting demolished. Unsurprisingly, other people have figured out what's going on with the house and have started taking stuff.  I already mentioned the hardwood flooring but more items have been taken from the house while the demolition crew waits for the electricity, water and gas to be disconnected.

While the demolition crew waits on the utilities, I've been checking over the property and making sure the circuit breakers remain switched off so that there's no live wires that could potentially start a fire and keeping an eye on the shipping container which has all the owner's household and garage items stored inside.

There's also a possum that lives in a man made nest on the property line which I've been checking on.

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies