Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254939 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #180 on: May 07, 2018, 10:58:26 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
I woke up my girlfriend with 17 HPS lamps
--
This was at 2 am
--
She was mad as (...)
I can't blame here one bit.
I'd be pissed off too if someone woke me at 2am >:(

Besides what were you doing awake & f'ing around with lights at that time on a school night

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #181 on: May 07, 2018, 11:32:14 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Replaced a few burned out F32T8s and replaced a CFL 18W 2 pin ballast. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #182 on: May 08, 2018, 09:25:23 AM » Author: Rommie
Tested my 1960's Paterson darkroom safelight that arrived today  ;D

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:36:10 AM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #183 on: May 08, 2018, 01:38:46 PM » Author: Beta 5
Lit up my 400w SON-T lamp on the ballast that arrived today.
 :a_son-t:

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #184 on: May 10, 2018, 06:35:28 PM » Author: BT25
Lit up my 400w SON-T lamp on the ballast that arrived today.
 :a_son-t:

Donated some extra HID lamps to my local ReStore ((4) Sylvania LU400/D; (1) Chinese made Philips, H39KC-175/DX; and some miscellaneous incandescent lamps), and dropped off some old cobrahead bodies to a metal recycler. Took some old used Chinese made generic H39KB-175 to Lowe's and put them in the recycle bin.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #185 on: May 12, 2018, 10:06:31 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I caught a falling 4’ Fluorescent light fixture from an old home that hasn’t been lived in for years

The ballast wires were cut so short, the ballast looks like a black rusted box with no wires

The fixture had 2 lamps and one had a perfect crack along the length (it unfortunately broke) the lamps where Westinghouse lamps made in 1974

The fixture was white but when I looked at the top, there was a sticker saying “DO NOT USE AMP WITH HIGHER WATTAGE” I took the sticker off and painted the fixture white and yes that typo was on the sticker

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #186 on: May 14, 2018, 10:18:46 PM » Author: CEB1993
Today, I organized all of my incandescent light bulbs into 5 boxes within my drawers.  In this drawer, I have 25 and 40 watts, 60 watts, and 100 watts.  In the drawer below, I have 75 watts, and decorative, each in one box.  I found out I have 60 watt (and 60 watt equivalent) bulbs out the wazoo, and fewer bulbs in the 75 and 100 watt varieties when I sorted them today.  This is so much better for keeping my general use stash organized and easy to select from  ;)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #187 on: May 15, 2018, 12:20:20 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Replaced a 10-15 year old Universal F32T8 2 lamp ballast.. as well as an EoL 50 watt HPS bulb.  Went to my neighborhood supermarket and saw that they in the last week had the F96T8s swapped out for LEDs.  Same color (3500) Not sure what brand.  They were all working but you can bet I will be watching to see how they hold up.  In the mean time they look decent.  time will tell. 

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #188 on: May 15, 2018, 12:20:58 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Finally got a refractor on my NEMA!!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #189 on: July 16, 2018, 06:52:06 AM » Author: Rommie
Not a lot, just tested some new lamps that arrived today.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #190 on: July 16, 2018, 08:47:00 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Last week I upgraded about 35 fixtures from T12 to T8, many had already been upgraded from Magnetic T12 to Electronic T12 over the years as the magnetics failed.  Saved a few of the old good magnetic ballasts, a few Advance, a few Universal.  A few Sylvania.  Still have about 50 left to do at a later date.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #191 on: July 22, 2018, 11:12:40 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Replaced a 2 year old EoL 150W hps from a wall pack.  These GEs have not lasted very well, and on brand new ballasts at the time of install too.  Out of the 6 GE bulbs I put in 2 years ago, 4 have already gone EoL. the sylvania bulbs installed at the same time are still going, no issues. This one chromed over nicely!  

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #192 on: July 23, 2018, 10:04:20 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Replaced a 2 year old EoL 150W hps from a wall pack.  These GEs have not lasted very well, and on brand new ballasts at the time of install too.  Out of the 6 GE bulbs I put in 2 years ago, 4 have already gone EoL. the sylvania bulbs installed at the same time are still going, no issues. This one chromed over nicely!  

Is the whole thing chromed up, does it fill up the whole outer bulb.
I've seen blackening from the sodium leaking in HPS lamps before but I haven't seen anything like this.
Good God!

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #193 on: July 23, 2018, 11:12:35 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
It filled the inside of the outer bulb.  I could still make out the arc tube which was plenty black. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #194 on: July 23, 2018, 11:14:40 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Just noticed the 0604 code on there, guessing that is the date code.. June 2004.  But it sat in a shed until 2 years ago. 

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies