Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249748 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #195 on: August 01, 2018, 12:14:52 PM » Author: Rommie
Fired up our newly acquired NOS GEC Trulite 125W MBF/U lamp  :mv: ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #196 on: August 01, 2018, 05:28:47 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today at a church building I swapped out about 60 Sylvania 3000k T8s for Sylvania 4100k T8s.  The 3000k's were too dim for the environment they were in.  The 4100k's do a much better job lighting the area.  I'll use the 3000k's at a few different buildings where the carpet and color tone are lighter and will do better in that area.  I still have quite a few more tubes to swap out but waiting for more 4100k to arrive. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #197 on: August 01, 2018, 05:59:48 PM » Author: funkybulb
Found a 30 watt American made Verilux tube at New Bransfels restore.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #198 on: August 03, 2018, 01:28:22 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I went to another church building and took 2 cases of the 3000k T8s that I removed from the building yesterday and replaced a bunch of EoL or near EoL 3000k's.  Mostly Philips, but a few Sylvania.  Also replaced a bad GE T8 ballast.  There are a few more in this building but ran out of time.  It's about 70 miles away so I'll get back there next month or so. 

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #199 on: August 03, 2018, 10:35:02 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We are planning to put up a couple of little 6W T5 fixtures in the bedroom as reading lights. Mind you we have been saying that for months...  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #200 on: August 04, 2018, 02:34:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We are planning to put up a couple of little 6W T5 fixtures in the bedroom as reading lights. Mind you we have been saying that for months...  :D
The queens of procrastination have struck again and they are still in the box... :a_fluor:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #201 on: August 06, 2018, 02:10:14 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Saved a 175w westy lifeguard, and a 175w ballast..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #202 on: August 06, 2018, 06:49:30 AM » Author: Rommie
Built up a new test/display board for both 80W and 125W mercury lamps:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #203 on: August 14, 2018, 12:42:38 AM » Author: High Intensity
I'm fixing a Feit Electric CFL (mostly for fun), from what i can tell the resistor fuse randomly died for no reason.

Edit: Turns out the driver may have more issues than i thought.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:11:59 AM by High Intensity » Logged
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #204 on: August 14, 2018, 01:52:42 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today at once church building i swapped out a bunch of 3500k T8s for 3000k T8s.. I want to use up the 3rd Gen Sylvania Ecologic 3000k T8s as quickly as I can so thus the swap out. 

At another building I replaced 2- 26 watt 4 pin CFL ballasts that were bad.  I also replaced 3 EoL 50 watt HPS bulbs.  got more work to do at this building.  A few 400 Watt MH bulbs that light up the steeple, 3 150 watt HPS parking lot bulbs, some cove lighting (strip lighting) F32T8 4100ks, and a few bad ballasts.  Ran out of time today. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #205 on: August 22, 2018, 04:28:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Finally received the ballast we've been waiting for to light our 1,000W Thorn Kolorlux mercury lamp, so we've built up a display board to light it up.

It certainly gets warm  :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #206 on: August 22, 2018, 06:14:59 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Finally received the ballast we've been waiting for to light our 1,000W Thorn Kolorlux mercury lamp, so we've built up a display board to light it up.

It certainly gets warm 
:D
That it does, it's warmer than when I'm in there cooking.! ::)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #207 on: August 23, 2018, 04:24:40 PM » Author: boiler1011
I installed a LED upgrade package to my new 2018 Nissan Turbodiesel XD. They definitely light up the road a lot better than the stock halogens, and I do appreciate the fact that they match the stock LED headlights and running lights.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #208 on: August 23, 2018, 04:32:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We broke our oldest (verified) lamp.  :'(

R.I.P. Thomas  :inc: :'(

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #209 on: August 23, 2018, 04:38:39 PM » Author: Rommie
What was it?
A 1950 GE 1000W incandescent, see here for a picture of it lit.

I was trying to screw it into the lampholder and used just a tad too much force, and the glass cracked  :'( :'( :'(

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies