Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254980 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #225 on: September 11, 2018, 08:45:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Replace a 'Xing Nan' 2xF32 ballast ( like  this one ) in one of my lights - something went wrong with it so only 1 lamp would light.
Replacement ballast is a used Osram 2xF32 (don't have a pic yet). Light also got 2 LED retrofit lamps .. so nice & bright in there now.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #226 on: September 22, 2018, 01:59:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today we got our 115V 750W delivered, so we fired it up, and have named him Eddie 8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #227 on: October 05, 2018, 08:00:14 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Broke out the Christmas lights! & got a start on putting up...
Yep its that time of wear again. And gotta stay true to my username .LOl.LOL.
(ofcourse they will not be on til Thanksgiving)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #228 on: October 08, 2018, 12:12:14 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I cleaned up a bunch of T8 tubes that I kept from the retrofitting I was doing at several schools for Denver Public Schools as we convert from T8 to LED.  
These are GE F32T8s with the cool looking end caps.  A few of the tubes have etch/stamps on both sides of the tubes.  Tried to get the date codes on the lamps.  

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:20:21 AM by RyanF40T12 » Logged

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #229 on: October 08, 2018, 12:21:24 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
More

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #230 on: October 14, 2018, 12:04:20 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
Interesting that some are double-etchers.

------------
Today I put up some Christmas lights, also put away most of my solar garden lights for the winter.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #231 on: October 14, 2018, 06:34:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Nothing directly light-related...but I did do a bit of cleanup/re-organizing in my gallery here.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #232 on: October 14, 2018, 10:04:46 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Actually, did end up doing something light-related. Wired up a 2xF14T5 fixture & put it in use as an extra light above a fishtank. (also put a F17T8 in an old F20  preheat top, & it too went in use above the 2nd fishtank.)

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #233 on: October 15, 2018, 01:24:28 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Actually, did end up doing something light-related. Wired up a 2xF14T5 fixture & put it in use as an extra light above a fishtank. (also put a F17T8 in an old F20  preheat top, & it too went in use above the 2nd fishtank.)

Very good, my Colorado Compadre.  How are things going for you? 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #234 on: October 16, 2018, 07:35:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
Very good, my Colorado Compadre.  How are things going for you? 
Thanks. That little 2xF14 light by far blows away the existing single F20T12 strip on the tank. .lol.
Things are ok for me. How's it going for you?

--------------
Today's light-related...
Stopped by Lowes to check out the clearance table: picked up 4 Sylvania F48T12/CW/HO for 15 cents each, and 2 2-packs of Feit 4' LED tubes for $1.60/pk
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:42:47 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #235 on: October 21, 2018, 04:49:12 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Had all kinds of fun finding old lighting stuff yesterday and newer stuff as well at several church buildings.  More on that to come in later posts. 

Been playing around with some of my T12 gear and stuff at other church buildings.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #236 on: October 21, 2018, 04:53:43 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
These are new Philips F32T8/TL841 Deluxe Cool White tubes.  It's a cool color that my camera on my phone can't capture.  Sadly, Philips crappy weak cathode/filaments lives on in the latest Alto II stuff.  They break very easily so if you like to put lamps in and take them out of your fixtures often, avoid Philips.   In the photo you can see that both cathodes broke off.  I'll get some better quality photos later. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #237 on: October 21, 2018, 04:55:52 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
While Sylvania doesn't have weak filaments/cathodes unlike Philips- I do encounter a few of these where a little square tab inside tends to break off.  I haven't found any that have affected lamp life, there is just a little square tab in the tube is all. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #238 on: October 21, 2018, 04:58:18 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Playing around with some F40T12 tubes.  Older 90s vintage Sylvania Cool White Deluxe vs 2010-ish vintage Sylvania 4100k.  These are in a Lamps of America cheapie fixture.  But they light up nicely.  I like the color of the deluxe.  Again the iphone camera on my phone doesn't doe any justice, but it does show a clear distinction between the colors.  of course they are not green in real life, just the way the camera captures this. 

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #239 on: October 21, 2018, 08:24:10 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Found some more goodies at some of the church buildings.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies