Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249716 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #240 on: October 21, 2018, 08:24:51 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
More goodies.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #241 on: October 21, 2018, 10:48:29 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
there is just a little square tab in the tube is all. 
You might be able to use that to scratch off the phosphor & make a part-clear tube!

Also nice find on those Sylvania-GTE F40's.

----------------
This weekend's light related (in order)
Put up some Christmas lights
Fixed headlight issue on car
Replaced a near-EOL F32T8
Put up more Christmas lights
Put up Halloween Lights
(none of the Christmas or Halloween are connected up yet, but I plan to get  Halloween in operation by the end of the week)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #242 on: October 22, 2018, 12:57:31 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
You might be able to use that to scratch off the phosphor & make a part-clear tube!

Also nice find on those Sylvania-GTE F40's.

I was thinking about doing that one of these days, I saw a post where someone had done that :) 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #243 on: October 24, 2018, 12:18:59 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
  I was thinking about doing that one of these days, I saw a post where someone had done that :) 
Yep, those pic's are what made me think of it when I saw yours..

---------------
Today's light related:
Connected up & tested my Halloween lights/display (well, all except the fluorescent)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #244 on: October 24, 2018, 03:02:55 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today the retrofitting job took me to an elementary school in Denver.  Well actually 2.  One was built in 1955, the other in.. 2011 or so.  Had some fun at the one in 1955.  All the fixtures in that one (3 story) had been upgraded not too long ago (in the past 6 or so years) so the conversion over to LED wasn't too bad.  They had mostly Phillips/Advance T-8 ballasts, and most had 4 ft Philips 28 watt Tubes in them, vs the 32 watt, so interesting thing there.  The LEDs we are putting in would be output equivalent to 32 watt output, but at 15 watt usage so it is a bit brighter.  GE LED Tubes and GE LED drivers.  I have yet out of the several hundred I have retrofitted, to come across a bad tube or bad driver.. GE is making some good stuff there, very impressed! 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #245 on: October 24, 2018, 10:43:37 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
^ tandem wraparound .ug. (where's that vomit smiley)
I bet at one time the 1955 school building had some neat lights in it.

Nice to hear that the GE LED stuff appears to be good!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:58:19 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #246 on: October 25, 2018, 12:17:58 AM » Author: joseph_125
The first pic looks like a classroom at my old university. At mine, the stem hangers originally had tandem F40 two lamp/section Daybrite louvered fixtures. They installed the one lamp/section wraparounds in the 90s when they went from T12 to T8. I'll bet that classroom originally had a similar setup too.
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #247 on: October 25, 2018, 03:23:44 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I'm not sure what this building originally had but I bet it was very neat.  The wrap around was put in probably in the 80s.  The first school I upgraded was a 50s vintage High School and many of the fixtures were still original so it saw T-12 to T-8 to LED.  While I am working in the elementary, I am also working in a newer building built in 2014 where the original T8 lamps are just now starting to go EoL so thus they wanted to upgrade to LED and not worry about re-lamping.  This is one of if not the newest school in the Denver Public Schools so they want to have the latest and greatest in it.  Works for me. 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #248 on: October 26, 2018, 11:42:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@RyanF40T12:
Nice that that 50's school kept alot of the original fixtures!...and that they ended up seeing essentially 3 generations of lighting.
The 2014 building would deff have to be, as you say one the newest schools/possibly the newest in the Denver system.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #249 on: October 26, 2018, 11:56:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Today's lighting...

Put up some Christmas lights.
Finished making a set of green LED twinkle lights
Finished making a set of bluegreen LED lights

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #250 on: October 27, 2018, 03:42:38 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Working in a Middle School doing the T8 to LED in the Gym.  Here are some photos.  Going from 32 Watt 6 tubes to 21 watt 6 tubes LED.  A 4 tube 21 watt LED Driver, and a 2 tube 21 watt driver.(GE gear) The scissor lift is fun to work on.  The tubes furthest from me are now LED,and you can tell with how brighter they are vs the fluorescent fixtures closest to me, to the right.  They are 6 tube fixtures, 2014 vintage. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #251 on: October 27, 2018, 12:18:12 PM » Author: Rommie
Nothing lighting wise for a couple of days, as I've been trying to get a new telephone system up and running, but today we'll probably get some of the bigger incandescent lamps out and give them a light, we tend to concentrate on discharge lamps and forget about the good old incandescents  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #252 on: October 28, 2018, 11:11:22 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
you can tell with how brighter they are vs the fluorescent fixtures
Yep they deff do appear brighter 8)

-------------------
Yesterday's light related:
* Went to the monthly Christmas-lights meetup (last one for the year)
* Picked up a few aquarium lights at an auction

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #253 on: October 28, 2018, 10:03:20 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I started going thru 50 or so of the T8 ballasts from the LED retrofit that I have hung onto.  The past 2 schools have been mostly 4-8 year old Philips/Advance 2 & 4 lamps, some instant start, many programmed start.  I'm hanging onto them for use at my church buildings. 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #254 on: October 28, 2018, 11:25:53 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Do you ever come across any 0-10v dimmable ballasts in your retrofitting?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies