Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249698 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #555 on: July 03, 2020, 12:55:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
Just bought THREE Par38 Self Ballasted Metal Halides... GE 23 Watters. I've also just purchased a supposed heat resistant 3 in 1 socket splitter.
The goal is for me to try and use these in my ceiling fan in my bedroom. If those Par38's hang too low, I'll be installing them (with the socket
splitter) in the garage above my car and motorcycle temporarily.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #556 on: July 03, 2020, 06:44:02 AM » Author: Rommie
I'll also bet that yours is not expensive as here. Electricity company raise the price in summer and in witer, because pleople uses the electric heaters and the A/Cs.
So what is your tariff..? Ours is 32.772p for the first 2kWh each day, 17.718p / kWh thereafter. Not sure what that is in your currency.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #557 on: July 03, 2020, 06:57:51 AM » Author: Medved
So what is your tariff..? Ours is 32.772p for the first 2kWh each day, 17.718p / kWh thereafter. Not sure what that is in your currency.

The question should be: How long has an average person work for that 1kWh?
It is quite a difference, if that is 15 seconds vs a few minutes...

No more selfballasted c***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #558 on: July 03, 2020, 07:16:16 AM » Author: Rommie
That wasn't the question I asked. If I wanted to know that, I would have asked that. I want to know how much my bill is going to be, not how long I have to work to get the money. Besides, I'm retired, so I don't work at all any more.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #559 on: July 03, 2020, 11:46:54 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..installed & wired up a pair of dimmable ballasts in an empty 2xF32 fixture.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #560 on: July 03, 2020, 03:40:47 PM » Author: Binarix128
Our tariff is of about CLP$40.000, 50 dollars, or 40 pounds. That's expensive, because we have few appliaces, and we don't use A/Cs or electric heaters or stoves, our stoves runs on fluel. If we use electric heaters or A/Cs the price doubles.  @-@
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #561 on: July 03, 2020, 04:59:34 PM » Author: Rommie
What does that price buy you..? Surely not just one kWh..?  :poof:

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #562 on: July 03, 2020, 05:32:39 PM » Author: Binarix128
What does that price buy you..? Surely not just one kWh..?  :poof:
That's the price of a whole month bill, not just a single KWH.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:34:52 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #563 on: July 03, 2020, 05:35:56 PM » Author: Rommie
That's actually quite good, here we are paying around £70 per month.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #564 on: July 03, 2020, 05:38:48 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Sadly your only option are L*Ds. I'll reccomend to you FSL and Great vaule L*D bulbs, have a good quality, and a decent lifespan. I put many halogen bulbs two moths ago, and still not slap from parents.  :lol:

L*Ds may look cheap to operate, but when the L*D effects starts to appear in you the doctor will not be cheap. A clear example is the effect of the excessive blue light in your eyes.

We actually have Great Value LED lamps (bought on clearance) and when testing them one was dead out of the box! >:( When I turned it on, it did nothing, but the driver got hotter then even a working one!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #565 on: July 03, 2020, 05:40:10 PM » Author: Rommie
"Great Value" and L*D in the same sentence is the definition of the word oxymoron.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #566 on: July 03, 2020, 05:44:21 PM » Author: Binarix128
That's actually quite good, here we are paying around £70 per month.
Thats very good price if you are using A/Cs and electric heaters, but if not, that's a bit expensive. Pleople who use those things here pays about 100 pounds, and pleople who runs small stores with many refrigerators can easily pay about 400 pounds. The KWh here costs about CLP$120
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #567 on: July 03, 2020, 05:45:51 PM » Author: Binarix128
"Great Value" and L*D in the same sentence is the definition of the word oxymoron.
I don't know where you live, but L*Ds from that brand here are ok.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #568 on: July 14, 2020, 12:28:52 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Replaced the light in the oven (standard 40w incandescent appliance bulb)

Wired up a couple 0-10v switches in the familyroom.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #569 on: July 14, 2020, 01:53:34 AM » Author: High Intensity
Picked up a few things from a Goodwill, a preheat F15T8 BLB fixture with bulb (used, lamp works), a 3-pack of APP 23w tri-tube CFLs (late 90's to early 2000s, NOS) and a 2-pack of GE flame shape 40w incandescents (late 2000s?, NOS made in the USA).
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies