Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 256763 times)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #825 on: February 01, 2021, 07:54:31 PM » Author: High Intensity
Found out a "water Tight" bin of loose incandescent lamps that was outside got flooded, so far it appears none of the bulbs are damaged, but some aluminum based bulbs are showing signs of corrosion. :sadbulb:

Given this is the 2nd time one of these bins have failed (and this one wasn't even damaged), I will no longer be using them to store things outdoors, and anything that is stored out there will be transferred to a new location indoors.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #826 on: February 01, 2021, 08:06:24 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Found out a "water Tight" bin of loose incandescent lamps that was outside got flooded, so far it appears none of the bulbs are damaged, but some aluminum based bulbs are showing signs of corrosion. :sadbulb:

Given this is the 2nd time one of these bins have failed (and this one wasn't even damaged), I will no longer be using them to store things outdoors, and anything that is stored out there will be transferred to a new location indoors.
Putting a tarp over the bins might work. I don't know, though.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #827 on: February 01, 2021, 08:59:27 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Been testing some superimposed ignitors that I got in the mail today.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #828 on: February 01, 2021, 10:22:37 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Photograpshing some lights at school, on thursday i am going to the lighting production meeting to see what i can do. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #829 on: February 04, 2021, 05:55:05 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Stayed after school today and changed a few stage lamps on the catwalk, quite scektch up ther but there are some lost lamps up there i intend to grab. :bulbman: Also my replacement 100w merc ballast arrived and appears to be in good condition, will make a first run up video soon. ;D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #830 on: February 04, 2021, 06:03:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got a lovely little 35W HPS lamp lit today.  :hps:  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #831 on: February 04, 2021, 06:14:22 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We've got a lovely little 35W HPS lamp lit today.  :hps:  :love:

Finally found it? :mrg:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #832 on: February 04, 2021, 06:26:57 PM » Author: Rommie
Finally found it? :mrg:
No, this one isn't the one we've lost, this is :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #833 on: February 04, 2021, 07:02:23 PM » Author: Bulbman256
No, this one isn't the one we've lost, this is :'(

Aww that sucks, hopefully the lost (...) can be found. :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #834 on: February 04, 2021, 07:03:16 PM » Author: Rommie
We hope so, if not I'm sure you can find us another one  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #835 on: February 04, 2021, 07:05:50 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We hope so, if not I'm sure you can find us another one  :mrg:

Gonna keep my eye out. ;D

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #836 on: February 05, 2021, 11:37:44 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Packed Up and Put Away My Blue Frosted 20 {Cone Shaped} Lamp Silent Night Set....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:03:27 PM by Bubbler Tube » Logged

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #837 on: February 05, 2021, 11:52:04 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Took down a couple Christmas trees.
When I remove the lights they are checked over & any bad bulbs replaced before putting away.
Replaced 6 dead LEDs tonight, and put one string aside to be thrown in my pile of junk lights...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #838 on: February 06, 2021, 12:13:21 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Bought a Phillips 6500k F17T8  lamp and ran it just fine on an electronic F18T8 ballast. :bulbman: :lfl: Also tested my new 100w merc ballast without issue. :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #839 on: February 07, 2021, 02:01:53 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've found him!  ;D And he's running in the correct gear just now,  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies