Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249676 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #975 on: September 22, 2021, 05:44:17 AM » Author: Rommie
Make sure you're sitting down  :poof:  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #976 on: September 26, 2021, 02:07:26 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
PLEASE DON'T HATE ME !!
 I converted all of the 2 lamp, 4' fluorescent strips in my detached garage to the ballast bypass LEDs . I got sick and tired of dealing with bad ballasts and lights that either won't start or are dim and flickery when it's cold . I'm NOT throwing away the old lamps ! They will be reused in the attached garage . The bad ballasts will be scrapped ( 1999-2000 Magneteks mostly )

The few good ballasts will be either reused elsewhere or donated to the neighbor for his garage .

The LEDs are GE type A/B retrofits that work either ballast by-pass OR with an electronic T-8 ballast . The color is 4,000k.

Honestly , the garage is just as bright as it was when all of the old T-12's actually worked correctly !!

Plus , I went from 400w (not including the ballast) with the T-12's to 280w total with the LEDs .

Now that I have a roof that doesn't leak allover (including on the lights) I'd like to USE my garage again and actually be able to see again .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #977 on: September 26, 2021, 04:52:12 AM » Author: High Intensity
What model is the failed Ballasts, and are they electronic or magnetic?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #978 on: September 26, 2021, 07:18:22 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Tim, we would rather pay the extra money to have incandescent and HID lighting.  :inc: :hps: :mv: :emh:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #979 on: September 26, 2021, 07:39:35 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Took down my Philips Uni-Street on the back of the house and replaced it with my Indal Arc80, the Uni-Street, although only 32 watts was maybe a little over kill for what it needs to be?
I dropped the wattage drastically, fitting a standard shop bought 13 watts 2700K LED filament lamp into the Arc80, but was surprised by the results last night!, even your average hardware store LED filament lamps perform well in a street lantern with optics!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #980 on: September 30, 2021, 11:46:01 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
What model is the failed Ballasts, and are they electronic or magnetic?

Bad ballasts were Magnetek :  https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5203&pos=5&pid=196308
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 12:14:32 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #981 on: October 01, 2021, 02:07:28 AM » Author: joseph_125
Finally finished building my retrofit 39w CMH ballast assembly for the Powerlite gumball I have mounted on the wall.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #982 on: October 01, 2021, 08:32:03 AM » Author: Rommie
Yesterday anyway, we lit the 175W Norelco BT28 MV lamp that Eric sent us, on its proper ballast. Pictures later  :mvc:  :bulbman:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #983 on: October 02, 2021, 10:21:26 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Removed a 500w floodlight from the back of the house 
That light got cleaned & re-installed earlier this week.
Also yesterday re-installed a 1xF32 light on the outside of the garage.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:00:44 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #984 on: October 02, 2021, 10:50:04 PM » Author: High Intensity
Went to a restore yesterday and found 11 GTE Sylvania 50w HPS lamps, all E39 base lamps.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #985 on: October 02, 2021, 11:58:27 PM » Author: joseph_125
Replaced the silly LED downlight thing I installed in the foyer as a temporary light with a proper light fixture.

Also picked up some 2000s era GE incandescent lamps at the Restore.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #986 on: October 03, 2021, 09:32:12 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Joseph:  Good man.! :eoled:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #987 on: October 03, 2021, 11:42:26 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
2 things:
* Started putting up Christmas lights.
* Collected up my solar lights from the yard, de-batteried them, and put them away for winter.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #988 on: October 03, 2021, 11:47:44 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Collaged a few photos of lamps today. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #989 on: October 05, 2021, 02:37:10 PM » Author: Rommie
Lit an Ascot 5ft 80W BC-cap tube on our 80/125W MV ballast. We had to cobble together a bit of a lash-up involving choc blocks and long pieces of wire, but it was just to see if the tube worked, which it does, so we can now design and build something more permanent  :bulbman:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies