Author Topic: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!!  (Read 9456 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « on: December 20, 2017, 01:56:18 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
I've Just Ordered My 1st Sox Bulb.....
It's a 36W With a BY22-D Base, I'm Not Planning On Running This But Have ALWAYS Wanted One Ever Since I Was Little Watching With Grandma As The Street Light Came On Outside Her House....
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:51:02 AM by Bubbler Tube » Logged

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 04:41:49 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Not planning on running it???? :o, if this is your first SOX you will be missing out not running it 8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:41:06 AM » Author: funkybulb
If it a early one that lamp may never run again with out
Periodic running of the ealy lamps.  It due to gas mixture
Getting assorbed into the glass.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 06:36:43 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Not planning on running it???? :o, if this is your first SOX you will be missing out not running it 8)

Would LOVE To But I DON'T Have The Gear OR The KNOW HOW To Get it Set Up, Plus I Don't Think My Housing Manger Would Be VERY Happy With Me IF It Was Set Up....
So This One Will Be a Shelf Jobby Until Such Time I Can Move, Get The Know How and Be Free To Set Up What Bulbs I WANT WHERE I Want Them!!!!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 09:28:23 AM » Author: 589
That's good to hear your first SOX lamp is on the way. Even if you don't end up lighting it up someday, they are beautiful art pieces to look at even when off. Enjoy!

:lps:

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 11:03:47 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Just Got an Email To Say It's On It's Way, Should Be Here On Saturday.....
 :hps:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:54:49 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Just Got an Email To Say It's On It's Way, Should Be Here On Saturday.....
 :hps:
COngrats on your first LPS lamp!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 01:42:44 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Thanks Guys
 ;D ;D ;D

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 05:18:41 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
OK Thinking About This I Have NO Info On My New Bulb So What Can You Tell Me About It?
Please and Thank You
 :hps: :hps: :hps:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 12:37:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I picked up the lighting bug from Ria, and now instead of trying to hold her back when bidding on lamps I'm egging her on...  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 12:41:29 PM » Author: Rommie
OK Thinking About This I Have NO Info On My New Bulb So What Can You Tell Me About It?
Please and Thank You
 :hps: :hps: :hps:

See here - scroll down to the section "Sodium Vapour" and you will find out all you need to know and more  :)

Hint - click on the words "Sodium Vapour" to get detailed technical info.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 12:44:08 PM » Author: Rommie
I picked up the lighting bug from Ria, and now instead of trying to hold her back when bidding on lamps I'm egging her on...  :D

As a result, we've spent more money than we ought to, we've bought loads of lamps and NO Christmas presents for anybody (well not many..!)  :o

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 12:52:53 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As a result, we've spent more money than we ought to, we've bought loads of lamps and NO Christmas presents for anybody (well not many..!)  :o

Yes, we're not having a tree this year, just a self-ballasted 160W Woods Glass MBTW/U lamp  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 12:54:52 PM » Author: Rommie
Yes, we're not having a tree this year, just a self-ballasted 160W Woods Glass MBTW/U lamp  8)

I don't think we can afford to have it lit all the time, though  8) :P

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I Have The Lighting Bug BAD!!!! « Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 12:56:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't think we can afford to have it lit all the time, though  8) :P

AWWWW Spoilsort.  :P

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies