Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 50338 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Gallery of Lights No Longer? « on: January 04, 2018, 08:41:31 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Today, I tried to log onto one of our sister websites, Gallery of Lights (galleryoflights.org).  I hadn't been on there/active in some time (easily a few months) but now I get a message that either the IP address has moved or the domain has expired.  Does anyone else get this, or know what the story is?  I know not many people were active on there anymore...did it finally just get abandoned and/or was a decision made to disband it? 

(Admin/mod, please move this if it's in the wrong place, or delete if talking about one of our competitors (although it was actually a split-off of LG) is not smiled upon). 

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:47:17 PM » Author: 589
yea thats weird.

hopefully we will hear from Robert too, I know he's active there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:16:21 PM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:53:20 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
It just went down in the past day or so. I was just on GoL within the past few days. I contacted the owner of the site to find out what happened.
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:04:03 PM » Author: KEDER
The company that hosts my site underwent some upgrades, and my domain names messed up, the site is still there I just need to get the addon domains figured out, it'll be back up as soon as possible. I'm working with my host to get this issue resolved. my domain is still full and running, their upgrade just messed things up. sorry for the inconvenience

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:13:04 PM » Author: 589
Sorry to hear you are having issues with the site. Good to hear it's still there!  :mv:

:lps:

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 11:17:23 PM » Author: KEDER
Yeah it'll be back up as soon as I can get it, I have no plans on closing the site
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 12:46:47 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I too was worried it might be gone, but was hoping it was just an error, glad to hear that error is indeed the case.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:09:11 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 07:25:44 AM » Author: rjluna2
It is good to hear that it will be back on line soon :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 01:15:52 PM » Author: KEDER
Still trying to fix the issue... It seems to not be going places, so I am trying to figure it out, hopefully it will be back up today.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 01:33:35 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Glad to see it back operational again :)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 11:32:16 AM » Author: migette1
I was a member....tried to re join as migette1 and nothing but difficulties this was a while ago....gave it up as a bad job LGN far better site and why not join the Russian Site. or KilaKats....good luck will try again.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 01:17:41 PM » Author: Rommie
I gave up on GoL, too quiet. Hardly any activity  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 11:56:15 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I still keep my streetlight gallery on GOL, and do update it too (no plans to move it here, far too much to do) .. sadly not much activity on that site. :(

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #13 on: January 31, 2020, 06:26:34 AM » Author: migette1
Hi thought I have another go with GoL I am a member migette1 as here so tried uploading a picture but to my horror nothing, Robert would you know why I tried several times with different quality photos only to be told I was not allowed to upload....Theres no way I can put my question on that site except to say do they want my photos....perhaps I am wasting my time who knows?

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #14 on: February 01, 2020, 05:01:23 AM » Author: migette1
Hi thought I have another go with GoL I am a member migette1 as here so tried uploading a picture but to my horror nothing, Robert would you know why I tried several times with different quality photos only to be told I was not allowed to upload....Theres no way I can put my question on that site except to say do they want my photos....perhaps I am wasting my time who knows?
[

Why I cannot put photos up is it something I am doing wrong seems some simple instructions should be given to explain we are not all experts on PCs I am not but would welcome to know why my photos will not upload with an explanation of the reasons in simple English no jargon!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies