Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 50372 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 10:12:35 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Its been so long since I joined there, I don't remember if there's a waiting period before you can post pic's, or if you have to make posts in the forum part first, or if its a simple matter of a mod/admin needing to ok your account...

I'd say, send a PM to member Lil'Cinnamon there, he's the site admin/owner.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 10:35:09 PM » Author: joseph_125
It's been a while since I uploaded a picture there but I believe it had to be under a certain size in order for it to work. I think the limit was less than 1mb file size and I think 1920x1080 was a safe size in terms of picture dimensions.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 08:31:33 AM » Author: migette1
I will give it another try lets hope more luck why can't be as easy as LG????????

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 11:42:48 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I added another streetlight pic to my gallery there tonight, and had no problems.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 04:57:45 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I always had a horrible time trying to upload- the site is buggy, particularly the photo gallery, and since it gets hardly any traffic I assume there just isn't much reason for the owner/admin to really maintain it.  I'll give it another go, though. 

It used to be quite popular but I think the main reason it came about was as a split-off from here over a disagreement between some admins/mods...though I don't know the details and wouldn't share them publicly even if. did.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 12:15:15 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've had very few problems uploading there, its almost always worked for me.

Real shame that the site is basically dead now...
..don't know that there's anything they can do to bring it back to life :(

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 10:35:49 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've had very few problems uploading there, its almost always worked for me.

Real shame that the site is basically dead now...
..don't know that there's anything they can do to bring it back to life :(

Just keep this one alive I guess.

Wonder if that sites content could be merged into this one? To preserve it. Wasn't that sight created due to some sort of rebellion?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 12:17:47 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
Just keep this one alive I guess. 
Yep most of my light-related pic's get posted here.
I do plan on keeping my streetlight (& related) stuff there - zero plans to move/duplicate it here. (what I should really do is make a 'backup' of all the comments/info/etc in my gallery from there...a pretty time consuming thing though.)

Wonder if that sites content could be merged into this one? To preserve it. Wasn't that sight created due to some sort of rebellion?
I have no idea if a merge could be done, but have a feeling something like that (if possible) would be pretty difficult.
And yep GOL was created after some sort of falling out (I don't know the details of what happened though)
I think even if it could be done, every used should have to 'opt in'.

Quote from: GE101R
Joe Maurath right outside of Boston owns(ed) the site. He has the immense collection of street lights.
I actually didn't know that, seems like  Lil'Cinnamon is the only admin I ever see on there.

Daniel f

View Posts
View Gallery

in my house is not used led and if I can avoid it

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #23 on: February 29, 2020, 07:12:51 AM » Author: Daniel f
I just saw this and I was registering in the lighting gallery.  but ... for those of us who do not know English, the translator does not always translate well.  which is difficult to understand what to fill in the writing fields.  apart from the capcha letters that are easy.  This page has another section that means what color means stop?  .  I think it is very difficult to register if you do not really understand that you have to write.  For that reason I am not on that page.  And like me, more people do the same.  therefore it is not a miracle that many people do not have. :(
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #24 on: February 29, 2020, 12:12:49 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I have no idea if a merge could be done, but have a feeling something like that (if possible) would be pretty difficult.

Merging the two sites together will be a difficult process, as I was been told, there was a war on here years ago, which lead to the making of GoL, but since its update on 2019 its pretty dead as of now. I do still post there and upload images there. But bringing it back and merging it to this site will be a hard task to complete.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 02:10:06 PM » Author: Jovan
This GoL has auto translate option.When I open someone's gallery it translates to Serbian.Is this bug or something 3rd ?I found some photos being still uploaded.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:12:02 PM by Jovan » Logged
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 12:09:38 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
This GoL has auto translate option.When I open someone's gallery it translates to Serbian.Is this bug or something 3rd ?I found some photos being still uploaded.

Yep, those are the pics I uploaded there couple of weeks ago.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #27 on: March 05, 2020, 09:22:14 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
Joe has a great collection and vast knowledge of streetlights.
Cool!

I wish the site would get rejuvenated.
I to really wish the site could be brought back to life :mv:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 08:10:20 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I looked through GOL and noted some of the smack that some were talking about LG and its members.... by members who are here

Administrator #5

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #29 on: March 17, 2020, 01:36:56 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yea, me too!

Why do you keep posting and deleting your posts?

Lol all I said was that I saw some spicy talk about LG on the other site but it doesn't affect me personally as these members and I have always been on good terms

GOL looks like a total waste of a server but thats because its founders have abandoned it, all it really needs is someone with time to take it over and put some equity back in and modernize it. I'd be the guy who makes new emojis for it as it...doesn't seem to have any..

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies