Author Topic: What would you have in your dream house?  (Read 22018 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #75 on: April 08, 2021, 08:11:06 AM » Author: 589
My dream house is a single wide house trailer....

Parked inside of a 1M SqF warehouse.

Also inside that warehouse:
-Parking for all the vehicles
-Fully equipped auto shop
-Fully equipped carpentry shop
-Fully equipped metalworking shop
-Fully equipped electronics lab including tube related needs
-Fully equipped lighting and AC power lab
-Fully equipped computer and networking lab
-Fully furnished warehouse space for storage of all the things
-A fully furnished, well engineered 1200 seat auditorium/theater with full live video broadcast capability. 
-Full powergroove VHO highbay lighting throughout the inside running on serviceable low flicker program start electronic ballasts
-SOX lit parking lot and perimeter lighting
-MV lit driveway
-A back 40 to do whatever
-A playground and play area for the kids
-Robust infrastructure and control systems in all areas
-I have too many hobbies

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #76 on: April 08, 2021, 08:33:20 AM » Author: Rommie
-A fully furnished, well engineered 1200 seat auditorium/theater with full live video broadcast capability. 
Ok, I just have to pick up on this one - a 1200 seat auditorium..? Just how many people are you expecting for dinner..?  :o :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #77 on: April 09, 2021, 06:40:38 AM » Author: 589

Ok, I just have to pick up on this one - a 1200 seat auditorium..? Just how many people are you expecting for dinner..?  :o :lol:

Its for concerts, events, and live shows. 

It would also have a flat floor with portable seating that could be removed for standing room only or have tables and chairs. There would also be a stadium seating style balcony that seated 400 of the 1200. 

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #78 on: April 09, 2021, 08:04:29 AM » Author: Rommie
Ok, that's going to be one mad house  ;D

When it's finished, we expect an invite to the housewarming party  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #79 on: April 09, 2021, 12:48:17 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

Its for concerts, events, and live shows. 

It would also have a flat floor with portable seating that could be removed for standing room only or have tables and chairs. There would also be a stadium seating style balcony that seated 400 of the 1200.

What type of light fixtures would you use in your auditorium?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #80 on: April 09, 2021, 03:04:34 PM » Author: LAllenLighting
Hmm! Clear SBMV lamps, fixtures outside my house (in SOX and MV of course  ;D), tinted Philips Softone lamps, T12 fluorescents, etc etc etc...  :bulbman:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #81 on: April 09, 2021, 06:48:41 PM » Author: 589
What type of light fixtures would you use in your auditorium?

A few movers might be HMI, but all the rest along with the house lights, pars, lekos, fresnels, etc. would be LED. Architectural accents would be incandescents on ETC dimmers.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #82 on: April 09, 2021, 06:58:57 PM » Author: Rommie
A few movers might be HMI, but all the rest along with the house lights, pars, lekos, fresnels, etc. would be LED. Architectural accents would be incandescents on ETC dimmers.
Whaaaaaaat... ???  :o :poof: @-@

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #83 on: April 09, 2021, 11:12:48 PM » Author: 589
Whaaaaaaat... ???  :o :poof: @-@

Yes, in the context of theatrical lighting LED opens up a staggering amount of flexibility and energy efficiency vs halogen. In the commercial and municipal world LED is at best a small step up from HID. However, when it comes to theatrical lighting LED is a giant leap forward. LED uses a fraction of the energy, has more lamp life, is directly controlled by DMX, and is completely color tunable in situ live. Many stationary LED theatrical fixtures are RGBW, RGBAW, or RGBAWUV. You can tune CT, make any color you want and even add some UV, all from the same fixture live in real time from just one fixture. No more futzing with gels, dimmer racks and circuits, or needing a AC unit the size of texas to keep the place cool. All you need are standard power circuits and DMX, the sky is the limit on what you can do.

Oh and of course you would be invited, I would love to host international lighting meetups there too. Folks can bring their collections, we can trade and mock up fixtures around the property. Also work on projects in the lighting lab and share stories. I would also have full availability of clean 50hz power for those who like (or are forced) to use the wrong frequency. 8) It would be great!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:23:39 PM by 589 » Logged

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #84 on: April 09, 2021, 11:48:02 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Yes, in the context of theatrical lighting LED opens up a staggering amount of flexibility and energy efficiency vs halogen. In the commercial and municipal world LED is at best a small step up from HID. However, when it comes to theatrical lighting LED is a giant leap forward. LED uses a fraction of the energy, has more lamp life, is directly controlled by DMX, and is completely color tunable in situ live. Many stationary LED theatrical fixtures are RGBW, RGBAW, or RGBAWUV. You can tune CT, make any color you want and even add some UV, all from the same fixture live in real time from just one fixture. No more futzing with gels, dimmer racks and circuits, or needing a AC unit the size of texas to keep the place cool. All you need are standard power circuits and DMX, the sky is the limit on what you can do.

Oh and of course you would be invited, I would love to host international lighting meetups there too. Folks can bring their collections, we can trade and mock up fixtures around the property. Also work on projects in the lighting lab and share stories. I would also have full availability of clean 50hz power for those who like (or are forced) to use the wrong frequency. 8) It would be great!

Leds and the "wrong" frequency? My guy, i would start running from the slaps!!! :poof: :o @-@ :DeAtH: :slap: :slap: :slap: :mrg: :lol:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:53:07 PM by Bulbman256 » Logged

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #85 on: April 10, 2021, 02:06:27 AM » Author: joseph_125

Hmm interesting. I get the LED theatrical lights but I'd always thought the house lights would look better as incandescent, especially since you usually dim them. Maybe it's just me but I find the constant colour temperature of LED quite jarring when you dim them to the lowest setting.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:49:39 AM by joseph_125 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #86 on: April 10, 2021, 10:17:43 AM » Author: Rommie
I suppose I can understand it a bit with regard to stage lighting. I've never been one to stand up on a stage and talk (or worse, try and sing  :poof:) to people, but I have done a bit of roadying in my time and I know how hot it can get. But I still cringe whenever I see L*D lighting, and I guess I always will  :eoled:

WigWag
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #87 on: April 11, 2021, 12:16:03 AM » Author: WigWag
I would definitely modify a bedroom into a "rain" room. I love rain and thunderstorms, so I'd invest in top quality theater surround sound system for the right sound effects, then I'd have to figure out a way to wire a fixture at the windows to simulate lightning. I'd also have a sprinkler hitting the glass of the windows. Yup, I'm THAT kind of crazy  :o
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #88 on: April 11, 2021, 12:50:23 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: WigWag
I would definitely modify a bedroom into a "rain" room. I love rain and thunderstorms,
Nice! (I also love thunderstorms, always have.)

I'd likely go a level above that and have a "room" that'd basically a full-on storm simulator (no you wouldn't be able to go in while it was running :o ).
the 'floor' & 'ceiling' would be metal panels hooked to some sorta ultra-high voltage unit that'd charge up & when the charge got high enough (just like with a t-cloud)... zap! discharge between them as a "lightning strike". Below the metal ceiling would be some sorta system of pipes to make "rain", and also something near the ceiling to make "clouds" that'd hide the ceiling/pipes :)
The floor would be overlaid with something akin to a model of outdoor scenery...little trees/buildings/hills/rivers(which could flood in 'heavy rain')/etc.
yeah, some of those things would probably get fried by lightning on occasion, but oh well..
(might even want the functionality to generate tornadoes in it)

Yep I've daydreamed too much about making something like that .LOL.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What would you have in your dream house? « Reply #89 on: April 11, 2021, 12:59:23 AM » Author: Bulbman256
My dream house is a few acres property in rural midwest america, with a big old farmhouse full of cool styleing from the 50s-80s. The property would also have a big barn to stuff lights and old cars into. The second story of that barn would have a bunch of lights hanging in it, called the lightroom run on a bank of switches for different areas, with old shoplights to modern streetlights. And ofcourse, a few nema heads on the house and barn and a few poles on the driveway in. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies