Author Topic: What Engine sound(s) do you like?  (Read 11313 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
What Engine sound(s) do you like? « on: April 08, 2018, 09:23:06 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Well multiple
My Honda that I'm still trying to get
Every Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Supercars and Hypercars in general
Thats it for now

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:26:56 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I'm very picky when it comes to engine sounds. 

I laugh at anything trying to be loud when it comes to a 4-cylinder.  AKA the rice burner Honda's and Subaru.  (no offense)  6 cylinders trying to be loud are also a joke, though not as annoying and crappy sounding as 4 cylinders. 

V8 is where I am happy.  Love the sound of a nicely tuned V8. 

I think the Chevy's sound the best vs Ford and Dodge, but Dodge's are not too bad.  Ford V8s were.. ok.  Now Ford has to create an artificial V8 sound to come out of the speakers on some of their V8s and their Egoboost turbo v6s because of how crappy they sound naturally  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4zrZO7fm0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBzGHuohgw

Honorable mention
2018 Kia Stinger GT 3.3L V6. Yeah it needs turbos to be fast, but it doesn't sound too bad for a V6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvIlbociTC8

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:42:42 PM » Author: LampLover
I love the sound of the PowerStroke Diesel engines made for Ford by International. (At least until the 6.4L the newer 6.7L PowerStroke diesel is a Ford built engine)
A properly running 7.3L PowerStroke diesel is like music to my ears.
The sound of the 6.0L is also good with the whistle of the turbo.
In my younger years (High School) the school bus I took was a Ford E-350 Cutaway van with the 7.3L diesel engine. I loved just hearing the engine RPMs go up (Sometimes very high as the driver had a heavy foot there no tachometer in the vans in the years the 7.3L was in use) and then down as the auto transmission shifted gears. I think that is what really got me into listening to the vehicles engine (and not the radio) 
I don't get to hear the 7.3L engines that much anymore as they have been out of production for about 15 years now and most of them are out of service in vehicle fleets.
When I do they are just passing by and not me riding in the vehicle

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:01:59 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
The Chevrolet Corvettes and its engine sounds are awesome and loud too.  ;D

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:09:56 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I find the sound of those wheeled weed beaters amusing  :D :D

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:25:40 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I find the sound of those wheeled weed beaters amusing  :D :D

The Corvettes? @HomeBrewLamps

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 11:29:39 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
While I loved the reliability and longevity, I didn't like the sound of the 7.3L Powerstrokes as they sounded like a bunch of tin cans rattling. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:11:52 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
The Corvettes? @HomeBrewLamps

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 12:54:47 AM » Author: tolivac
I like just about any Diesl engine and Gas turbine-jet engines.Esp love the sounds of jets spooling up when started and at the same time spooling down when stopped.the clinking-tinkling sounds of the fan blades is nice as the engine runs down.On these the blades are not rididly mounted to the rotor.The are pinned to it-so the blades can move slightly.Other wise they could come apart from harmonics as the engine runs.Diesl engine powered gensets-love the sound of the worksite one when it spools up!
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 09:49:49 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Oh ok. I see.  :)  It almost looks like the D.R. machine.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:51:41 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 10:06:44 AM » Author: Medved
When it is quiet and so does not make any significant sound at all...

No more selfballasted c***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:01 PM » Author: suzukir122
Well of course, I'm always, ALWAYS gonna disagree with anyone that says 4 cylinders are wack. V6, V8 and twin
cylinder engines, (motorcycles) don't phase me, and I typically get bored when they... try to rev.

L6, 3 cylinders, and 4 cylinders, will catch my interest... as well as any other unique engine.
V8 won't interest me unless you're really packing some serious horsepower behind it and it's somehow unique from any other V8.
And then also, 4 cylinder sounds from something that isn't even fast, won't phase me either.
Super cars, hyper cars, super bikes, and hyper bikes... those will generally catch my interest.
Cummins diesel engines from larger trucks... decked out semi trucks... those will also catch my interest as well.

Now... that being said, sometimes the V8 may manage to catch serious interest from me... here's one of those rare times
where this has happened... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg140WolsZk

And then also... v6's like this change the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neVfD8V44MQ

I'm gonna be helping one of my buddys with a move this Wednesday and Thursday. He's a semi truck driver,
and a fellow motorcycle rider. So this week it'll be semi trucks, and motorcycles. Can't wait.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:07:03 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 03:25:24 PM » Author: Rommie
A purring engine, of course..!  :D

Seriously, nothing beats the sound of a V8, unless it's a V10 or V12, that is  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 03:27:15 PM » Author: Rommie
When it is quiet and so does not make any significant sound at all...
What's the point of an engine that doesn't make any noise..?  ??? ??? ???

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 03:54:43 PM » Author: suzukir122
I keep forgetting about the V10 and V12... but I don't know of the cars that contain them
since I've never looked. I'll do research on them when I get the time lol
I don't think ill of all V8's... there are some V8's out there that interest me. But it's rare
for that to happen. lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies