Author Topic: What Engine sound(s) do you like?  (Read 11019 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 11:41:50 PM » Author: 589
I've always liked the energetic snarl of BMW's inline 6 engines (8:25 to 8:55 in the video link below).  If it were not for the constant reliability problems and expensive maintenance, I would love having a BMW M3  ;D  This is one car that I would enjoy revving and pushing hard just for the fun of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS8VLg3svAs

The E90 m3 is the pinnacle of modern v8 sound in my book. I've worked and driven many of them. There's not much quite like it. It WILL give you chills. With a proper exhaust a z06 c6 or a 4.6 mustang come close. For old cars I've driven a 79 trans am anniversary with a 4-speed and a poncho 400, it was a wonderful experience.

My favorite inline six would be the bmw n54. It's a crystal cannon, but lemme tell you nobody will be able to wipe the grin off of your face after you drive a 135 performance package with an n54. Just make sure you know you're buying a money pit that WILL constantly need repairs.

My favorite v6 is the Mazda K.

My favorite inline four is the ford duratec 2.0. It sounds quite different than Hondas, much bassier and smoother. With the right exhaust it even has a nice hint of decel crackle. Next up would be the old 2.3 ohc turbo in the US spec Sierra (xr4ti) in the 80's. It sounds like the above + jet plane from the hair dryer.

My favorite motorcycle four is any VFR, it sounds like a v8!

My favorite twin is any Harley touring with v&h oversize 450 exhaust. It makes them sound smoother and bassier.

My favorite v10 is the ford 6.8l v10 they use in trucks. It sounds surprisingly good! E60 m5 v10s are extremely loud, they are absolutely defaning at idle with little exhaust or straight pipes. They can make Harleys seem quiet.

So a self observation is I like smooth sounding engine with some bass down in the lower Rpms. I do not like engines that sound like a machine gun all poppy and raspy.

:lps:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #46 on: May 15, 2018, 12:36:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
@589, don't forget about the Yamaha's. The Yamaha R1 cross plane engines, are much like the VFR's from honda. They
give off a V8 growly sound as well, and the bike is a whole new ball game when it comes to serious speed and acceleration.
Then also, the new V4's from Ducati.
Stupid fast... though these are not my favorite in terms of the 4 cylinders, they absolutely are some of my favorite kind
of bikes in general, easily.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #47 on: May 15, 2018, 06:42:08 AM » Author: Rommie
Any slow-revving 2-cylinder marine diesel, it's a lovely sound as you travel down the cut  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Powergroove

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #48 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:27 PM » Author: Powergroove
I like the sound of a 396 chevy motor. For me there is no better sounding engine than 60's era big block chevy engine. I also like the sound of a two stroke dirt bike that is making serious power. Those 4 stroke dirt bikes are lame. It takes a 400cc four stroke to keep up with a 250cc two stroke.

Keep government out of the lighting industry.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #49 on: May 15, 2018, 07:35:33 PM » Author: suzukir122
I gotta be honest, I also like the sound of 2 stroke bikes compared to 4 stroke bikes, and I have seen some fast 2 stroke dirtbikes
as a kid. But... I haven't seen any races between 2 stroke and 4 stroke dirt bikes. I'll have to check that out on YouTube.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #50 on: May 15, 2018, 10:57:30 PM » Author: Lumex120
I just love the sound of an idling diesel semi. When I was really young (like 3 or 4) my family did lots of traveling and so I remember hearing idling semis at rest stops and gas stations. I think that this is where my interest in roadway lighting started, as I always wondered why some streetlights were bluish white (this was around 2005-06 so there was still some more mercury vapor than there is now) and some were orange.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 02:50:44 PM » Author: Rommie
I gotta be honest, I also like the sound of 2 stroke bikes compared to 4 stroke bikes, and I have seen some fast 2 stroke dirtbikes
as a kid. But... I haven't seen any races between 2 stroke and 4 stroke dirt bikes. I'll have to check that out on YouTube.
Two-strokes are virtually extinct over here now, since the dratted EU emission laws :(

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 03:25:58 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Two-strokes are virtually extinct over here now, since the dratted EU emission laws :(
I don't think I could live in the EU or UK... I'd not like all your laws. at least here I can get away with stuff easier...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:12:52 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 04:55:51 PM » Author: Lumex120
I don't think I could live in the EU or UK... I'd not like all your laws. at least here I can get away stuff easier...
Yea, basically any EU countries I would never want to live in. If I absolutely HAD to choose, I would want to move to Sweden or Finland.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 04:58:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah... that recent video with Photon definitely opens my eyes in terms of the laws over there.
I've always thought the UK was like... the back-word version of the U.S when I was a kid... thanks to the different
roads, that is. lol

Interests:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 05:24:57 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwTdaZyqik

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #56 on: May 17, 2018, 09:31:58 AM » Author: Rommie
Ah, now that's nice  ;D

About living in the UK, it's ok here, really, I'd rather live here than some parts of the States I've been to. Yes the laws can be crazy sometimes, but there are crazy laws everywhere, too.

Our long term plan is to buy a narrowboat and live on the canals, the canals here are like nothing else anywhere in the world and they're wonderful :-)

This is the one we use for our holidays and is about 40ft or so long. Our own boat, when we get one, will be around 70ft, just short of the longest that can navigate most of the canal network.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #57 on: May 27, 2018, 03:32:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwTdaZyqik

That is a nice engine note for a marine engine  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #58 on: May 28, 2018, 01:49:19 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Yeah :)  I like those too.

how about the sound from a classic land rover with no exhaust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBldJ9YmmM

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What Engine sound(s) do you like? « Reply #59 on: May 28, 2018, 02:45:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
@RyanF40T12, all that car needs is some form of braking, and it'd be alright.  :D
But holy crap, no way would I be able to deal with a car, truck or van that can't stand still in
a situation that requires it to do so. I'll admit, that was a funny scene though!

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies