Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 33922 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #60 on: November 10, 2019, 08:50:48 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
@Metal Halide Boy, what kind of electric motors do you like to collect?
As for me, I know it's lighting related, but seems as if I'm starting to accidentally collect ballasts. I'm
not a fan of collecting ballasts... I'm a fan of USING them. Sooo I want to get rid of a lot of them. haha
What ballasts do you want to get rid of?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

lifeguard

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #61 on: November 10, 2019, 08:10:49 PM » Author: lifeguard
I collect switches, receptacles, and other small wiring things as it's a good alternative to lights because of space.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #62 on: November 14, 2019, 05:02:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thinking back, I used to collect beer mats. :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #63 on: November 15, 2019, 09:20:01 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
@Metal Halide Boy, what kind of electric motors do you like to collect?
As for me, I know it's lighting related, but seems as if I'm starting to accidentally collect ballasts. I'm
not a fan of collecting ballasts... I'm a fan of USING them. Sooo I want to get rid of a lot of them. haha
Mostly small comuutator motors. But, my collection of large induction motors (wich are my faverouite) is growing. By the way, do you have a 120v 50w murcury vapor ballast that you can give away?
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #64 on: November 15, 2019, 09:45:58 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
I have several interests. I don't necessarily collect all of them. My first interest when I was very little was ceiling fans. I'm still interested in fans but not so much ceiling fans. I like tabletop and floor stand oscillating fans. It's the older ones with the blue blades and metal blade cage that I like though. Galaxy was one brand that had fans with blue blades. I like the old amber/brown colored blade fans too. I don't collect fans though. I have a couple. I'm not too interested in them. Once in a while every year or two I'll go through a short fan interest phase. Never really acted on it though and started collecting.

Irrigation/sprinklers is the interest I have held the longest. Shortly after my fan interest when I was really little I became interested in sprinklers. To this day I'm still as interested in them. I have a collection of sprinklers but nothing extremely vintage. Oldest stuff I have is 70's-80's.

Streetlights started when I was in high school. I used to look at streetlights when I was a kid but it wasn't until high school I started buying/collecting them. My collection about 5 years or so ago was like half a dozen cobraheads. Plus a few other fixtures. Within a few years later the collection grew to over 70 cobraheads.

Another interest I have is barricade lights. I have owned many over the years. Currently I have a stock of some NOS lights. Plus a few others I have purchased on eBay.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #65 on: November 15, 2019, 12:21:36 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Got any "smudge pots"?

No I don't have any. I have seen pictures of them on the barricade lights group I'm a member of on Facebook though. They don't seem to interest me. I'm into barricade lights. Not so much the older vintage ones though. I like modern barricade lights. Empco-Lite is my favorite manufacturer. The only older lights I really like are the Paralta and Night Flashers. Those are what I currently have stock of. I have like 40 NOS Night Flashers with amber lenses and white bases. I also have I think 20 NOS Pyra Lite barricade lights, amber lenses and yellow bases. I have those on eBay for sale. I don't have really any Empco-Lite barricade lights at the moment but maybe one. I have had many in the past. Gonna order more eventually.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #66 on: November 15, 2019, 04:42:28 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Those older barricade lights had humongous lens. The old smudge pot was all there was until the early-mid sixties when there was a road barricade. Looking back, it seems ancient.

Not really I think my Paralta and Night Flasher lights are about the same size as a modern Empco-Lite.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #67 on: November 27, 2019, 11:10:43 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Metal Halide Boy, Maaaannn, I wish I had 50w Mercury Vapor ballasts, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.
Especially since I'm moving. After the move, who knows. :)
@Fluorescent05, I've got a ton of HPF Trigger Start ballasts for smaller lamps, and HPF PL-L ballasts for 18 watt
lamps, that I still want to get rid of lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #68 on: November 27, 2019, 11:14:46 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think I might start collecting vintage and antique tools, having won this in a recent eBay action, I'm off to a good start.  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

rlshieldjr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #69 on: December 28, 2019, 11:28:14 PM » Author: rlshieldjr
I collect locks and keys, but not like lighting or electrical related.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #70 on: December 29, 2019, 07:02:00 AM » Author: sol
Cool ! I do too. What are your favourite brands ?
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #71 on: December 29, 2019, 10:53:37 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I think I might start collecting vintage and antique tools, having won this in a recent eBay action, I'm off to a good start.  8)
I have also got this little vice, that from the trademark I can date it back to 1917.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #72 on: January 11, 2020, 10:22:04 AM » Author: migette1
Where do I start...as a keen car booter from where most of my lamps came from so did many other things, Cacti, telephones, barometers, clocks, electrical items radios valve transistor and other items, fish tank, 2 cats, insulators, radio ham but not active now, cannot think of anything more but may of missed something It seems I have too many interests but I have collected from school days and still looking for stuff on Ebay etc, its a way of saving...better then money in the bank and more interesting in more then one way. I am in my 70s so been collecting a very long time.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #73 on: January 11, 2020, 10:48:09 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Where do I start...as a keen car booter from where most of my lamps came from so did many other things, Cacti, telephones, barometers, clocks, electrical items radios valve transistor and other items, fish tank, 2 cats, insulators, radio ham but not active now, cannot think of anything more but may of missed something It seems I have too many interests but I have collected from school days and still looking for stuff on Ebay etc, its a way of saving...better then money in the bank and more interesting in more then one way. I am in my 70s so been collecting a very long time.
I didn't know that you could gets catses at a car boot sale.!!  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #74 on: January 11, 2020, 08:44:59 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I am going to try to start collecting elevator parts.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies