Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 33932 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #75 on: January 12, 2020, 10:05:29 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Morgan silver dollars.
My grandfather also collects old money, he has tons of Ben Franklin half dollars.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #76 on: January 13, 2020, 06:55:42 AM » Author: migette1
I didn't know that you could gets catses at a car boot sale.!!  :D
[

No definly not slip of my fingers/quote]

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #77 on: January 13, 2020, 09:21:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I can't say 'collect' on this one, but I do have multiple tanks of fish.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #78 on: January 14, 2020, 07:35:58 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I can't say we 'collect' eBay invoices either, but at the rate we've been buying from there it seems like it.  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #79 on: January 15, 2020, 03:32:53 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
@Metal Halide Boy, Maaaannn, I wish I had 50w Mercury Vapor ballasts, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.
Especially since I'm moving. After the move, who knows. :)
@Fluorescent05, I've got a ton of HPF Trigger Start ballasts for smaller lamps, and HPF PL-L ballasts for 18 watt
lamps, that I still want to get rid of lol

You can use 35 watt metal halide ballast for 50w mercury vapor.  8)

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #80 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:47 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
@Metal Halide Boy, Maaaannn, I wish I had 50w Mercury Vapor ballasts, but I haven't gotten to that point yet.
Especially since I'm moving. After the move, who knows. :)
@Fluorescent05, I've got a ton of HPF Trigger Start ballasts for smaller lamps, and HPF PL-L ballasts for 18 watt
lamps, that I still want to get rid of lol
I might (just might) be interested in the next few years.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #81 on: January 15, 2020, 10:59:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent05, I'll bare that in mind... although two of my HPF PL-L ballasts for 18 watt lamps are
currently in use.  8)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #82 on: January 16, 2020, 07:05:27 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
@Fluorescent05, I'll bare that in mind... although two of my HPF PL-L ballasts for 18 watt lamps are
currently in use.  8)
Is that in the Sadelite desk lamp?

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #83 on: January 16, 2020, 06:26:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent05, yep. Temporarily though. It looks weird having two PL-L 18 watt lamps in a desk lamp not meant for it,
so I will be uninstalling both ballasts and those 18 watt lamps from that desk lamp soon.
My ballast collecting is still going strong though. Only lost a couple ballasts during the move... other than that, nothing
new in terms of collections.
I was going to start collecting motorcycles, but I'm down a bike since I sold my older motorcycle to further help me
to move to this apartment. Not my proudest moment, but it is what it is.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #84 on: January 16, 2020, 09:29:23 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
@Fluorescent05, yep. Temporarily though. It looks weird having two PL-L 18 watt lamps in a desk lamp not meant for it,
so I will be uninstalling both ballasts and those 18 watt lamps from that desk lamp soon.
My ballast collecting is still going strong though. Only lost a couple ballasts during the move... other than that, nothing
new in terms of collections.
I was going to start collecting motorcycles, but I'm down a bike since I sold my older motorcycle to further help me
to move to this apartment. Not my proudest moment, but it is what it is.
What ballasts did you lose?

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #85 on: January 17, 2020, 04:26:51 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent05, I lost this ballast: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=4&pid=159906
And I also lost this ballast: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=2&pid=115734

Major detail I forgot to mention... literally every fluorescent lamp I had, except for the PL-L lamps, are also lost as well.
Including the 34 watt "Lite White Deluxe" lamp I had, shown in the photo in the 2nd link above.
I need to get into the habit of collecting other things though. I hear sometimes collecting things *can* cure depression.

Interests:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #86 on: January 17, 2020, 07:15:16 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
@Fluorescent05, I lost this ballast: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=4&pid=159906
And I also lost this ballast: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=2&pid=115734

Major detail I forgot to mention... literally every fluorescent lamp I had, except for the PL-L lamps, are also lost as well.
Including the 34 watt "Lite White Deluxe" lamp I had, shown in the photo in the 2nd link above.
I need to get into the habit of collecting other things though. I hear sometimes collecting things *can* cure depression.

What happened to them?

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #87 on: January 18, 2020, 09:19:24 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent05, I didn't take them with me during my move to a different apartment.

Interests:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #88 on: January 18, 2020, 11:09:03 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
@Fluorescent05, I didn't take them with me during my move to a different apartment.
So you left them in light fixtures there?

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #89 on: January 18, 2020, 03:25:07 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Fluorescent05, yezzir! I left them in the kitchen light fixtures. It was a choice between keeping my cold
temp magnetic Rapid Start ballasts in those kitchen fixtures (F40T12 fixtures) or take those cold temp
ballasts out and install the ballasts I don't like nearly as much as the cold temp ones.
At the time, I had that 87% power factor magnetic R.S ballast already installed in the kitchen fixture
close to the cabinets, so I uninstalled the cold temp ballast furthest from the kitchen cabinets and
replaced it with the ballast from the Sadelite desk lamp.
So in short (to keep this on topic, although it's lighting related) my ballast collection went down by two ballasts.
I had no other lamer ballast that I could install faster/easier than those two ballasts.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies