Author Topic: Where can I get good terminal blocks?  (Read 5677 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Where can I get good terminal blocks? « on: December 25, 2018, 01:33:25 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Where's the best place I can get terminal blocks? I want to upgrade to terminal blocks and want to get good quality but cheap ones.
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 03:27:48 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm curious of this as well.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 05:15:48 PM » Author: Rommie
What type are you looking for..? The type I use most often are these, but I know they're not common your side of the water.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 03:06:06 AM » Author: joseph_125
I see them a lot in stores that sell electronic components (like individual resistors, capacitors, LEDs etc). So if you have one in your city, pay them a visit since they'll probably have it.

Failing that, I guess eBay, Mouser or Digikey will have pretty much every kind of terminal block you could imagine.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 11:50:48 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I have found these on the UK eBay that should do the job.  :)

We'll be ordering a load as soon as the finances recover from buying lots of lovely SOX lamps  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:04:43 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 04:37:59 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Nah, terminal blocks are out dated tech now, WAGO connectors are the way forward  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 04:38:59 PM » Author: Rommie
Nah, terminal blocks are out dated tech now, WAGO connectors are the way forward  ;D
I worry about you sometimes, I really do  :D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 08:52:25 PM » Author: 589

Just got some myself, they’re great! I just installed some Lithonia LED 4’ strip lights at a local thrift shop and they were filled with wago lev-r-nuts. It was a great installation experience!

:lps:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 07:53:25 AM » Author: Rommie
Just got some myself, they’re great! I just installed some Lithonia LED 4’ strip lights at a local thrift shop and they were filled with wago lev-r-nuts. It was a great installation experience!
Still prefer good old fashioned choc blocks  ;D

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 08:56:23 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Hey, it's your choice! Nobody's going to judge you for that.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 09:12:10 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
What size and voltage rating?
Standard size and rated for 120v.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 10:13:03 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Sparkies laugh at you now if you’re still using ‘chock blocks’  ;D WAGOs are so much easier, faster and safer to make connections in, of course you still have to get the correct rating for the job 8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 10:27:08 AM » Author: Rommie
Sparkies laugh at you now if you’re still using ‘chock blocks’  ;D WAGOs are so much easier, faster and safer to make connections in, of course you still have to get the correct rating for the job 8)
They can laugh all they like, I use what I'm used to and what do the job for me.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 10:41:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've looked at the WAGO connectors, and I can't see any way of fastening them to a lamp board permanently which is what we need.  :-\

So we will stick with traditional choc blocs. :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Where can I get good terminal blocks? « Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 10:34:44 PM » Author: 589
I was just talking with a local commercial elechicken Sunday and he has never seen wagos before and almost. We still use wire nuts and etape round these parts. He was telling me about a connection I found on a 40 year old building, bare crimp sleeve and etape around that, not to mention flathead only hardware. Apparently that was used before wire nuts came into play. I don’t like wire nuts but alas it’s the standard here.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies