Author Topic: Getting tired of Apple Macs  (Read 415 times)
Flurofan96

View Gallery

Getting tired of Apple Macs « on: February 06, 2019, 07:50:58 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Hey Flurofan96  here  Wink

Since of late 2018 my Apple MacBook Pro (mid 2015) that I got for my first year at uni back in August 2015, has been having an overheating issue ever since updating from the last HiSierra OS to the latest Mojave OS. I tried many methods such as uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome browser to switching to Firefox and closing many active applications as I could but to little to no luck. The worst thing about that is the battery's runtime is a lot shorter thanks to the overheating issue  Sad Angry Angry

So as a result of that and of course due to an placement opportunity I have been granted for an IT Technician job, that requires me to watch and complete the online course videos/tests. I am slowly switching to Windows PCs/laptops for documents/internet browsing/photo storage etc. End of January I got myself a Fujitsu A532 laptop as it is designed for Windows 8/10 (came with 10) from ebay, second hand and it is great as it has an i5 Processer just like my MacBook pro did. I haven't forgotten about my Fujitsu P5925 which is gonna be my gaming PC once I get the processer upgrade just right

I will give LEDisease a taste of my shoe

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Getting tired of Apple Macs « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 11:55:23 AM » Author: Ash
No one, not even Apple, shows the complete disregard to you as the system owner that Windows 8/10 does
HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: Getting tired of Apple Macs « Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:36:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Linux is the way.

~Owen

Mercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor Lamp

marcopete87

View Gallery

Re: Getting tired of Apple Macs « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 05:00:28 PM » Author: marcopete87
Apple quality passed away with Steve Jobs  Embarrassed

My first Macbook was dated 2007 lasted until 2015 with ram upgrade, hdd to ssd upgrade and, after all, battery was still lasting 1h and 30', polycarbonate case wasn't in good condition (frequent travel with trains to college, some flights).
Then, motherboard died, so i replaced it with a new macbook pro (maybe like your): big mistake: every update remove some functionality (guess what happened when Apple removed telnet and screen resolution settings over one update: i wasn't able to connect to some network equipment and to my gf's tv); now, i'm hoping 8GB of ram is future-proof, but i'm dubious with this; also wifi have some issues.
p.s. after less than a year, this laptop started to loose some pieces  Sad and it runs hot.
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Getting tired of Apple Macs « Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 06:24:19 PM » Author: Cole D.
I had thought about getting new iPhone, but thinking might stay with Android now. I use Windows PC, but we had Macintosh from 1994 that was still going after 20 years when my parents donate it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: Getting tired of Apple Macs « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 11:30:56 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
Linux is the way. 
I setup a Linux PC for my father just last month Smiley

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines