Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190114 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 07:36:17 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
Maybe I'll look & see if that guy you mentioned has any vids on YouTube .. I don't do Twitter .lol.
Seeing the evening news yesterday, the storm here in CO was deff worse farther east/north/south than where I'm at.
I also saw there were indeed severe storms & tornadoes in the country yesterday...probably part of that weather system you were seeing?
More severe weather today?
(Oh & went through my little bits of video from wednesday...nothing real great, but ok-enough that planning to put something on YouTube anyway)

@CEB1993:
Oh yep, that or a 'ground blizzard' where there's wind, but it isn't actually snowing, ain't something fun to drive in...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 09:28:22 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Usually, where I live in Southeast Texas, we usually get severe weather in the Spring, and sometimes in the Summer. But in the Summer, its a hit or miss. I think last year in August.... I believe? There was a HUGE severe thunderstorm supercell with large hail, and severe damaging winds. It was near me, but luckily misses us. I actually have a picture of it, but its in my other computer laptop. The computer laptop I'm using now is a Acer Swift 3.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 12:53:11 PM » Author: dor123
We had severe storm today with a lot of rain and hail all over the day. It ended only once the evening came.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 01:13:45 PM » Author: suzukir122
 :o... Whoa.... @Dor123, you get severe thunderstorms in Israel?? I've always thought that places like Israel never saw
the kinds of severe storms, or Supercell storms, that we see here in the U.S. Does Israel see tornadoes? If so, are they
around F4 or F5 like here in the U.S?
@Xmaslightguy, Reed Timmer has a lot of videos on YouTube, so I wouldn't be surprised if he covered those storms on YouTube
as well. And there was much less in the way of fatalities, if any, compared to what I thought would be the case.
Although the Supercell storms I mentioned were weaker Supercells, they were still powerful/dangerous. I was certain there would be fatalities
but I guess I was wrong. Those Supercells weren't quite at that level of power. But yeah, as for severe weather, we won't be seeing that here
for a while. The temperature and atmosphere isn't really permitting it, at least not right now. Too cold

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 01:35:25 PM » Author: Medved
If snow and long term freezing could be in Tucson area in Arizona...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 01:55:51 PM » Author: dor123
This wasn't a thunderstorm in the magnitude of the ones occur in the US, but there was lot of strong rain and even hail.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 04:29:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122
Reed Timmer has a lot of videos on YouTube
Found the guy just by chance when I was watching some hurricane vids on YouTube :)

And there was much less in the way of fatalities, if any, compared to what I thought would be the case.
Yep. That's good atleast.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 07:31:19 PM » Author: Cole D.
It was raining lightly here since I had awoke this morning, but it rained light most of the day. I was going to go to gym tonight, but then it started raining heavy, so I decide to just stay home instead. It stopped now though.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:42 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Cole D, if it's just rain, or a weak/typical thunderstorm, hit that gym and make some gains!! Don't let a little heavy rain stop you!
Plus, it'd mess up any gym routine you have if you skip.

@Dor123, I figured it wasn't as bad as here in the U.S... I've never heard of Tornadoes, specifically F4 or F5, in Israel or the Middle East
in general. Not yet. I'm still surprised that it at least was strong enough to produce hail. Here in the U.S, we see golf, softball
and grapefruit sized hail from the Supercell storms.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 07:48:01 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
There was a small Tornado here in CO Friday (nowhere near me). Probably an EF0, I don't believe it did anything.
I think I heard one grumble of thunder off in the distance that evening.

-----------
In the past couple weeks I've been watching misc hurricane & tornado vid's on YouTube - something I do from time-to time, just because storms are fascinating!
I've also been looking around at various weather-forum websites (one I plan to spend some time looking through the section on using a Raspberry Pi for a weather station).
And also looked for 'storm chaser' forums...something that I'm shocked is hard to find (of the 2 I found, only one of them is US-based, and it requires you to use your real name, so won't be joining that)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:03 PM » Author: suzukir122
In terms of tornado videos, the ones that really catch my attention are the ones close to home. Especially the massive
F5 tornadoes. When I say "close to home," I'm talking about the ones that ultimately end up missing the camera persons
home (or public place) by a close margin, or the ones that hit the camera persons home (or public place) directly.
The Supercell thunderstorm videos are also very, very interesting

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 12:02:13 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
I've seen a couple of those 'close encounter' tornado vids. Interesting stuff to watch. (hurricanes are fascinating to watch too, especially the eyewalls!)
Oh and a couple nights ago, I did a simple '1-word'  YouTube search "EF5" :lol: (one of my previous searches was "eyewall")

Can't say I've ever watched any supercell thunderstorm vids though

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 08:04:04 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well in 2017, parts of southeast Texas got flooded out by Hurricane Harvey, but I was lucky that my house didn't get flooded out. But the whole cul de sac street got flooded, but like I said my house didn't get flooded out.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 06:37:28 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@lightinglover8902:
Sounds like you got lucky there!

That one sure dumped massive amounts of rain in Texas..

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 06:51:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
@lightinglover8902, yeah you honestly dodged TWO bullets... your house didn't get flooded out despite the very heavy rain,
and, your house survived in general. From what I remember, that storm at one point was a category 4 hurricane. That's just
one number away from being a category 5, which is of course, the most powerful kind of hurricane ever recorded.
If you got to witness/encounter that category 4 monster at it's strongest, you're very lucky man, for real.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies