Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190058 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #210 on: September 15, 2019, 07:41:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
Yesterday, September 13 was the first rainfall of the month.
Were you too far inland to anything form Dorian then?

Quote from: RyanF40T12
moving back to a partial dry and hot pattern here in Denver.  the leaves on the trees won't be changing anytime soon if this keeps up. 
I'm starting to see signs of fall in some trees (but I'm also outside city limits/closer to the mountains)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #211 on: September 16, 2019, 08:08:35 AM » Author: suzukir122
As far as I'm concerned, fall and winter can back-back, AWAYYY from me. I don't like fall all that much,
and I absolutely hate winter with a strong passion. Especially when negative degree temps become evident.
And cold can definitely be a form of severe weather too, not just thunderstorms and tornadoes. I've actually almost died
twice because of cold weather. One time back in 2013, and also the beginning of this year. (Both negative degree temps)
I can't be in extreme cold for too long because if I am, my body desperately gets into "Get Warm Now" mode. When that happens,
I typically can't feel my fingers. When I'm in this stage, I begin to vomit, hallucinate and pass out. Back in January, on my way to
work, that is exactly what happened. I had just finished simply getting gas for my car at the gas station... that was
enough to freeze me so bad to the point where I began passing out/hallucinating behind the wheel. Everything was sparkling
and getting darker. I started feeling the need to vomit, but I never puked. I pulled over until I felt warmer/better, and I
somehow STILL made it to work on time.
Anyways, severe weather in the form of cold, whether it be snow, or the frigid temps, or both... I am NOT looking forward to winter.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #212 on: September 16, 2019, 08:35:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
I'm with you on below-zero temps, I really hate that type of weather.

It sounds like you were getting in the stages of hypothermia there.  Obviously not a good thing. :o Glad you were ok. :)

And yep snow/cold/etc could certainly be considered forms of severe weather, even if it doesn't destroy stuff like a hurricane or tornado would.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #213 on: September 16, 2019, 08:42:47 PM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks @Xmaslightguy... things could've been a lot worse. To be honest, I was more concerned about the drivers
around me. I didn't want to veer off the road and crash into someone at 65 mph. Going to work on time when I'm
not well, wasn't worth it.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #214 on: September 18, 2019, 10:37:01 PM » Author: CEB1993
The horrible heatwave in the South continues  ::) We had a small break today with a high temperature of 76 and cloudy skies. Unfortunately, it’s going to reach the 90’s again by the weekend.

First day of Autumn forecast: 91 and bright sunshine.

It’s just going to get hotter and hotter here in SC next week, with worsening drought conditions and no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. The October 1 forecast is calling for mid 80’s and scattered thunderstorms. It’s going to feel like a warm, humid summer day in October.

This is a truly historic heatwave, especially since it’s just gotten hotter as this September has progressed.  It’s the worst heat wave I’ve lived through since August 2007, when about 20 of the 31 days of the month were at or above 100 degrees here in upstate SC.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #215 on: September 18, 2019, 11:40:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122
Welcome. Yep, deff coulda been worse.
Just take care of yourself out there in that cold. Maybe put a extra sweatshirt on under your jacket or something next time. Too bad they don't make heated jackets .lol.

@CEB1993:
Over 100 is just too hot! (especially if it were humid too)

-------------------
Nothing severe where I'm at, but just incase anyone didn't see weather in the pacific, check out the attached image.
How often do you see 3 in a row like that...

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #216 on: September 21, 2019, 10:21:49 PM » Author: CEB1993
Were you too far inland to anything form Dorian then?

Yes, Dorian moved over the SC coast September 5 and 6. It was my birthday on September 6, and I went to an open air beer brewery to celebrate.  It was 94 degrees and not a cloud in the sky where I was.  Perfect weather for relaxing outdoors with cold drinks, while blissfully unaware of the violent weather at the beach in my same state. We could have used a lot of Dorian’s rain now that we’re in a drought.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #217 on: October 10, 2019, 09:24:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not severe weather...but had our first snow of the season today, around 3-4 inches (good that it wasn't more since most trees here still have their leaves). But its gonna get pretty danm cold tonight...low teens, maybe even upper single digits.
Had to turn on the heat which I normally wouldn't do til sometime in November.

That bit of snow (particularly what fell in mountains the will do a little bit of help for the drought & wildfire risk there), so there is some good that comes out of it :)

Personally I don't mind snow. Not really a fan of ice though. And I hate when it gets really cold.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #218 on: October 10, 2019, 11:44:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, although I don't like Ohio, at all, (I mean seriously... I don't like Ohio) I am so glad we aren't
dealing with that kind of weather. I was out on my bike today... got some good highway rides in and it was 82 degrees,
according to my car. Summer like weather... not many leaves have changed color here yet either.
As far as severe weather is concerned, no new stories here... yet. (Doom music plays)

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #219 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:53 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
Yesterday was mid 70's here.. perfect warm day  for short sleeves. :)
In the evening is when the 'storm' started moving in ... infact I looked north & could see it coming, so I got up on the roof & was up there as the cold front passed over(love doing that!). You could really feel the wind/temperature change! Over a maybe 10 minute period it went from short-sleeve weather, to non-short-sleeve weather.

Tonight I lit up the fireplace just because it seemed like a good night for a nice warm fire :)

Forecast said this storm is going towards the great lakes...so its headed your way (maybe that's what the Doom music is for .lol. )

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #220 on: October 11, 2019, 01:22:06 AM » Author: suzukir122
@xmaslightguy, yep we're in for it later into next week in terms of cold temperature. Thursday morning, we should have
a morning temp of apparently 37 degrees, from what they're saying as of now. Then again, this is Ohio. We should be
getting what you guys in Colorado got, right now. I'm a little surprised we don't have cold/snow.
I... don't... like... Ohio. I hate Ohio almost as much as I hate the Toyota Prius.
Who knows though... maybe we'll get mild weather and severe storms this winter, instead of cold/blizzards lol

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #221 on: October 11, 2019, 09:38:21 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122
Got down to 15 here last night. Atleast it was sunny & got into the 40's today. Most of the snow melted too.
Maybe you'll get a thunder-snow storm! (those are always cool. too bad  its so rare.)

Couldn't say what I'd think of Ohio since I've never been there. But I dislike humidity so I probably wouldn't like it .lol.

What's wrong with a  Prius? I personally have nothing against it (wouldn't buy one myself because all that extra hybrid stuff is just more things to go wrong)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #222 on: October 15, 2019, 10:40:17 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not mine. But a really cool slow-motion lightning vid:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0xRner48E

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #223 on: October 15, 2019, 11:05:47 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, proof that it's a small world yet again. That arch you see in that video, is the St.louis Arch.
I use to live in St.louis when I was a kid... for a little over 9 years. That is where I use to live before I moved
to Ohio, and that is where I became even more of a lighting enthusiast, and a motorcycle enthusiast, and a thunderstorm
enthusiast as well. We DID have some very bad storms in St.louis. Memorable storms that me and my little brother still
talk about up to this day.
So yeah, yet another "it's a small world" moment right here for me.

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #224 on: October 15, 2019, 11:45:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
This was a vid I saw recently, and the park its filmed in is a place I go occasionally. I've even been on that particular trail in it too.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WISFVxP4U8g

With that particular storm I could see the coldfront north of me(mainly due to the clouds, and the dust it was kicking up)... so I went outside outside in a good spot to watch/video when the coldfront passed over. (also purposely had videoed some before, then during the little snowstorm)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies