Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190094 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #600 on: May 19, 2020, 02:27:15 AM » Author: dor123
We have a huge heat wave here in Israel with >40*C or >104*F.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #601 on: May 20, 2020, 03:43:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
Things are finally gonna get close to hot here as well this weekend. Maybe not as hot as down there in Israel @Dor123, but
hot compared to how things have been in the past so far this year here. 85 degrees in the forecast on Saturday here, I think. (Or maybe Sunday)
FINALLY. However, storms are in the forecast for Monday, last I checked.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #602 on: May 21, 2020, 12:44:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
They had a new record high of 92F in down in Denver on Monday .. it was upper 80's out where I am. (and thankfully very little humidity)
Saw a nice Supercell Thunderstorm off in the distance yesterday. Ofcourse had to get out the camera, zoom in & take some pic's

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #603 on: May 21, 2020, 12:49:46 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy... there's Mammatus clouds involved in that, so I'm guessing that storm was a monster. Mammatus clouds are typically
a sign of a very severe storm. If it really was a Supercell, it's not surprising to see Mammatus clouds in the picture. Awesome pic

*Edited in:*
Over here we are gonna get a nice dose of Summer this weekend. Mid 80's forcasted all weekend. My bike will be out of the garage each time
I leave to go to work during the night. There is a threat of classic pop up thunderstorms during the weekend, so my eyes will be
scanning the skies REAL good this weekend.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:53:35 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #604 on: May 21, 2020, 09:41:59 PM » Author: CEB1993
We had heavy rain Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week. A total of about 5 and a half inches of soaking steady rain. Unfortunately, I did have some water issues. Some drywall near a window crumbled and let in rain water in my house. Water had collected inside the table and began to drip into the living room. The basement was a disaster area.  Water all over the floor that I had to suck up with my shop vac. I removed about 7 gallons of water and ran some fans in the basement overnight to dry out. I had water pull under the washing machine and the HVAC unit. Thankfully neither of those shorted out! No damage to the floor or any furniture either, but it was still a big mess to clean up. Unfortunately there’s no avoiding flooding in the basement with heavy rain like this.

Memorial Day weekend might bring some exciting scattered thunderstorms. Can’t wait to get a beer and sit on my porch to watch the storms roll in  8)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #605 on: May 21, 2020, 10:04:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, keep an eye on that flooding as well though... severe thunderstorms will of course bring very heavy rain with them,
much heavier than the average shower lol
That will be hell for the basement at this point unless you've got that dry wall fixed.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #606 on: May 21, 2020, 11:43:40 PM » Author: CEB1993
@CEB1993, keep an eye on that flooding as well though... severe thunderstorms will of course bring very heavy rain with them,
much heavier than the average shower lol
That will be hell for the basement at this point unless you've got that dry wall fixed.

Yep, it would be a different scene if those storms produced a flash flood or hail! Funny how some storms can be so soothing and nice to watch, and some cause so much trouble. I discovered that when the ground gets saturated from multiple days of rain, water into the basement. I don’t want to be hiding from tornadoes or dealing with another mess in the basement on my days off! It’s a 50% chance or scattered thunderstorms Sunday and Monday. I have a bad feeling the few storms that develop will be quite strong, perhaps supercells. SC has been hammered with bad storms this season, so this may be more of the same.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #607 on: May 22, 2020, 04:57:14 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
Yep, its pretty much a classic supercell :)
Also note the large overshooting top above the anvil .. indication that thing had a good strong updraft in it. (nice lightning show after dark too)
If this is the same storm I saw on radar (and one that a bunch of stormchasers were after, it may have also dropped a couple small/weak tornadoes). I'm trying to verify that what I saw & pictured there is infact the same one...because that storm on radar was pretty far away.

@CEB1993:
I saw all that storm/rain down your way on the weather maps.
Hopefully you can get that water leak fixed so you don't get anymore water in the basement :o

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #608 on: May 22, 2020, 11:54:09 PM » Author: Cole D.
Last night around 6PM, it started getting really windy and loud out. Then about 30 minutes later we had a rainstorm. There were a few loud thunderclaps and it last about an hour.

Today I thought it was going to rain since it got quite hot out and this afternoon around 5, I saw dark clouds closer to downtown, and even a thunderbolt struck. But we never got any rain. The rain chances for this weekend, are increased, so we may get some storms with the warm weather.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #609 on: May 29, 2020, 01:46:10 PM » Author: suzukir122
Storm explosion around Dayton Ohio. Nothing severe yet but if we keep getting sunshine, that could change.
I haven't seen multiple thunderstorms pop up like this in a long time around here.

Interests:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #610 on: May 30, 2020, 12:33:34 AM » Author: Cole D.
Last night around 6 it got windy again and lightning and dark clouds in the distance. It blew in and it was as if two storms came together. We got 3 inches of rain and there was some loud thunder.

Then tonight around 9, it rained again hard, then it died down to a drizzle, then picked up again and this time there was lightning. Nothing on the radar at the moment. 40% chance tomorrow. It was around 91 today.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #611 on: May 30, 2020, 08:59:47 AM » Author: suzukir122
Over here the thunderstorms that developed all formed into a line that weakened significantly as
it passed through Dayton, so the entertainment was minimal at best. Ahh well.
A little bit of strengthening took place just to our south, so I heard a bit of thunder during that,
but unfortunately we didn't get much when the initial storm passed. Barely even any thunder.
But since I've got such a wide view, I managed to see unorganized Scud clouds from time to time while
the base cloud passed. That was the majority of the entertainment.

No more severe weather for this weekend and first part of next week here. Heh... it's motorcycle time. 8;)

Interests:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #612 on: May 30, 2020, 05:23:29 PM » Author: Cole D.
It was a bit cloudy today, but cleared up this afternoon with sun out. Right now it's raining though, nothing heavy, and no lighting. Will see what happens tonight. It was hot enough for a thunderstorm today.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #613 on: May 31, 2020, 01:20:16 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Mostly cloudy today. Some small thunderstorms around, but  nothing in my area.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #614 on: June 06, 2020, 09:41:28 AM » Author: Cole D.
Next few days, we're supposed to have rain showers nearly all day. It rained a lot yesterday, off and on. Not really any thunder though.

Last Sunday, we didn't have any rain, but around 9:00, it started thundering loudly. I was in my bathroom when it started, and could hear it through the window. I went out on back porch and it was still quite hot outside at that time. The lightning was all to the north of us that I could see, but it was getting louder. I don't think we got much of any rain out of it though.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies