Author Topic: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore.  (Read 3710 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 12:15:14 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the Toronto area has a ton of Restores but only rarely will something good and worth buying show up. I mostly see residential lights from Lowe's and Home Depot there. Some fluorescent and HID stuff and even some LED stuff now. The ones farther from the Toronto area tend to have better stuff IMO.

I've been to the Restore in Belleville before too, I think I got a GE 160w SBMV there.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 12:33:26 AM » Author: joseph_125
I have actually seen commercial and utility grade HID fixtures at the Restores here and most of the time they're even NOS/NIB. I got a Cooper UCD, Cooper OVF and a Thorn Niteliter all NOS from Restore and I've seen a couple of Cooper 400w Vanguard bracket fixtures before too. I figured most of these were from contractors and electrical supply houses clearing out their excess stock and donating it to the Restore.
A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 09:48:56 AM » Author: A2ZAlarms
Yeah the Toronto area has a ton of Restores but only rarely will something good and worth buying show up. I mostly see residential lights from Lowe's and Home Depot there. Some fluorescent and HID stuff and even some LED stuff now. The ones farther from the Toronto area tend to have better stuff IMO.

I've been to the Restore in Belleville before too, I think I got a GE 160w SBMV there.

I always see "Visioneering" brand stuff at the re-store. it all seems high quality. i think they are based out of Canada.

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 12:42:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
I always see "Visioneering" brand stuff at the re-store. it all seems high quality. i think they are based out of Canada.

Yeah, they make pretty high quality fixtures and are also based in Toronto so I see a lot of their fixtures at the Restores and in use. I like how their industrial units have the vintage looking angled reflector instead of the curved one that most manufacturers use. They also have some specialty stuff that Lithonia and Cooper don't have like F14T12 striplights and F4T5 to F8T5 striplights.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies