Author Topic: Wifi Connected Smart Bulb  (Read 4997 times)
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: Wifi Connected Smart Bulb « Reply #45 on: January 13, 2021, 09:21:36 AM » Author: mrboojay
I quite enjoy my smart bulbs.  I have them in a couple places and itís neat to use my voice to control them or change color temperature to set a different mood.  I very much enjoy old lighting but Iím an electronics nut so I enjoy the new ones as well.  I also have a couple smart switches fir controlling my fixtures if I donít want to fill them up with smart bulbs (pricy). 

Also, for those that want to control them without internet or phone app, thatís very hard to do, and if you give them a remote, they are no better then the really cheap stuff with limited functionality.   Smart bulbs have too many features to not use voice or an app.  (Bluetooth could be a thing but still need a phone).

But yeah, I enjoy that stuff, itís a lot of fun to play with, Iíve got different lighting for just about every need in the house.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Re: Wifi Connected Smart Bulb « Reply #46 on: January 13, 2021, 06:43:18 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
Does anybody know what settings I can use on the LIFX lamps that can simulate Mercury Vapor and High-Pressure Sodium?
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: Wifi Connected Smart Bulb « Reply #47 on: January 14, 2021, 08:40:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: mrboojay
Also, for those that want to control them without internet or phone app, thatís very hard to do, and if you give them a remote, they are no better then the really cheap stuff with limited functionality.   Smart bulbs have too many features to not use voice or an app.  (Bluetooth could be a thing but still need a phone).
I'm fine with one that needs an app (which I'd put on a tablet rather than a phone). But it'd have to work  without  internet .LOL. there is truly zero need for that functionality-wize...

Quote from: LightUpMyLife
Does anybody know what settings I can use on the LIFX lamps that can simulate Mercury Vapor and High-Pressure Sodium?
I don't know how the lifx  app actually displays things but:
For MV set:
Red to 0%
Green to 100%
Blue to 100%
That will get you close...then play around with the green & blue a little bit & you'll have it.

For HPS set:
Red to 100%
Green to 50%
Blue to 0%
Again that will get you close...you may then have to go up to around 75% on the green.

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: Wifi Connected Smart Bulb « Reply #48 on: Today at 04:02:34 PM » Author: mrboojay
Yeah thatís why I mentioned the Bluetooth, they could be controlled solely from that.  One of the reasons they probably donít exist is updates (which could also be done with Bluetooth) and probably what data tracking they can get from a lightbulb.  Like, you know Google is tracking stuff from their C by GE pairing.

But then it isnít a smart bulb and canít be used with a smart home , so itíd be another type of bulb.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines