Author Topic: YOUR Engine Sounds  (Read 19365 times)
Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #60 on: December 10, 2020, 01:04:36 PM » Author: Proteus
i have a 1900 tdi golf bkc engine, much as i would love the sound of a turbocharged 4 cyl or v6/v8 economy has to be it now - i get nearly 100 miles to 10 pounds of diesel

These 1.9TDI engines are absolutely awesome! Long lasting, efficient and powerful :)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #61 on: July 04, 2021, 09:49:48 AM » Author: suzukir122
I've got no engine sound clips from my vehicles as of right now to add to this topic, but if my coworker keeps his promise, that will change.
Well... I'm in the process of saving up for... another car. A car very much different from what I'm use to, and it would be... rather interesting.
I won't spoil the surprise regarding what car it is, but here are some of its features:

- Sunroof
- Custom exhaust system
- Color changing LED under-glow lights (Apparently)
- Manual transmission
- Turbo

There's much, much more... but I don't want to spoil it. This IS a dream car of mine though and everyone at work, including my boss,
knows I'm trying to buy this car from my coworker. My coworker will keep his promise to me unless someone comes up with a better
offer, which would suck. I guess we shall see. This would be my first manual car. If he sells it to someone else, I will simply delete
this comment. I'm hoping things go well!

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #62 on: July 04, 2021, 11:03:41 AM » Author: Foxtronix
The sound of my previous $250 dream machine was... um... interesting.

A 1999 5-speed Toyota Tercel with an exhaust way beyond repair. I totally didn't wait until the pipe breaks off at the catalytic converter while I was driving  :mrg:

I've been driving a 2018 Mazda3 for the last 11 months, with an extra speed, and a bit of zoom-zoom!

Oh and manual transmission in both cases. If it ain't got a clutch it's just not the same. 8)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #63 on: July 04, 2021, 12:38:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Foxtronix, I know that clutch feeling regarding my motorcycle, and everyone keeps telling me it's pretty much the same feeling
with a clutch/manual transmission based car. Heck, even my coworker, who owns a 2012 Mazda RX8, told me something similar.
I'm on my way towards finding out.
But yeah it does sound like the Mazda3 is a fun car. Let's hear it rev! That's what this topic is all about!

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #64 on: July 04, 2021, 06:05:16 PM » Author: Foxtronix
@Foxtronix, I know that clutch feeling regarding my motorcycle, and everyone keeps telling me it's pretty much the same feeling
with a clutch/manual transmission based car. Heck, even my coworker, who owns a 2012 Mazda RX8, told me something similar.
I'm on my way towards finding out.
But yeah it does sound like the Mazda3 is a fun car. Let's hear it rev! That's what this topic is all about!

I could make a video on that later this week!

LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #65 on: July 11, 2021, 06:04:50 AM » Author: LINKS
I have a 1927 ford but it has a 1942 Mercury flathead v8 in it, I still need to make a video but I have thees mufflers on it, they make anything sound cool.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #66 on: July 11, 2021, 06:07:35 AM » Author: Rommie
@LINKS - Now you have us interested, we need to see a picture or three of this car..! What model is it..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #67 on: July 11, 2021, 10:06:07 AM » Author: suzukir122
@LINKS, @Sox35 read my mind. I'm interested as well. I've never seen exhausts tips like that before. That's a video for YouTube! Like, in general!
I'm sure that would get a lot of views!
Once you make that video, post it here!
Speaking of video, I've just made a video of my Daytona, but in bad terms. I'm having engine problems. My guess is... possible Cam Chain Tensioner
sounds. (Ticking) Since it's in bad terms, I'm debating on posting it here. I may post it here soon though.
All fixes will have to wait until I purchase the car that I spoke about in my previous comment. Engine problems can be expensive!

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #68 on: August 22, 2021, 09:30:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
Just a quick update... it's looking like my coworker is set on selling me this car. And I'm almost done saving up for it.
I've got plenty of "engine sound" videos of it, but I won't include them here until I finish buying it. Here's some more of it's features:

- Key fob based/push start.
- LED daytime running lights...? Given the year it was made, I'm surprised by this. (2010) I can only assume this was a customization type of thing.
It also has side white LED's at the corners of those headlights, one of which is EOL and flickering. This will be fixed.
- Very bright LED front turning indicators. The back of the car remains incandescent though. I want to change that someday.
- Traction Control. This is new to me... I'm use to hearing about how some modern motorcycles have Traction Control, but I didn't know cars have them too.
I don't know as much regarding cars, but this car will certainly help me learn more.

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #69 on: November 26, 2021, 01:05:08 PM » Author: suzukir122
I debated on uploading this since this video is too short, but here's a quick video of my motorcycle at idle, earlier this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYgtlgjJGwU

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #70 on: November 26, 2021, 06:47:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
@bean, :wndr:...  alrighty then. Do you remember what car it was? The specifics?
If you or your family still have that car around, maybe you can upload a sound clip of it and post it here on this thread  8)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:04:57 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #71 on: November 26, 2021, 07:50:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
@bean, I've heard that the Subaru Forester is a great car. It's good that it's still running at least. If you get the chance, post that
sound clip of it here sometime! Who knows... maybe someone who is mechanically inclined can identify the sound issue
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:05:15 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #72 on: December 01, 2021, 07:19:42 PM » Author: icefoglights
the front lights fail every other year or so!
That's my sister's complaint about her '13 Forester.  Part of her routine fall maintenance is $68 for a full set of new headlight bulbs.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #73 on: December 03, 2021, 09:21:31 AM » Author: AngryHorse
There’s nothing like an old English Electric 12CSVT diesel engine of 1,750 b.h.p for sound, the ones they used to fit in the classic British Rail class 37 locos!, smoky clag heaven!  ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #74 on: December 03, 2021, 11:58:55 AM » Author: suzukir122
@AngryHorse, do you own one? If so, get it on video and post it here! I'm sure everyone would like to hear it!

It's getting colder, so now's a good time to warm up the engines... anybody got any sound clips of their engines yet?
Reminder: That's what this topic is about! The sounds of your engines... the engines you own! Actual audio... of your vehicles. lol

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies