Author Topic: YOUR Engine Sounds  (Read 19371 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
YOUR Engine Sounds « on: October 01, 2019, 07:19:04 PM » Author: suzukir122
Since depression has been very extreme/unbearable and tough to manage, I figure why not attempt to "cure" it by having fun.
Engine sounds can be awesome to me, and gets my mind off depression, although temporarily. You got an engine? Rev it.
Small cars. Big trucks. Semi trucks... rev it.
Got a Freightliner? Rev it.
2500 Dodge Ram? Rev it.
Volkswagen Jetta? Rev it.
Honda Civic? Rev it.
Toyota Prius? Ehh... well... rev it anyways.
Not to annoy your neighbors though. Just a couple slight revs will do.
Videos would be best! Here are my engine sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBzyIzBPpcU

Edit: Yes I know my car is a mess, but that's what depression/laziness does. Cherry Vanilla sparkling water is amazing.
Also, my camera couldn't focus to show you guys the HO Rapid Start lamps above my bike. I'll do a lighting tour of that
garage sometime soon on a better day.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:23:28 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:07:19 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's the ignition and engine sound from my Subaru Legacy  8)  The 3.6R Subaru boxer engine is an amazing, reliable machine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkltzxyC8M&feature=youtu.be

I'm a Subaru and Volkswagen guy, and recently Mazda's have really grown on me too.  One of my friends and fellow lighting collector took me for a ride in his Mazda Miata with the top down, and it was better than any roller coaster I've ever been on  :)  The revving of an engine, shifting through the gears and plowing through corners really makes me feel alive.  

@Suzukir122, Hope you're doing okay and get a chance to enjoy yourself and have some happy days  :)

Your video is awesome!  The red Pontiac has a nice sporty sounding rumble when revved.  Red is my favorite color for cars, your paint job looks wonderful!  That motorcycle looks like fun too!  We're coming up on some beautiful fall weather that would be perfect for enjoying your bike here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:23:32 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 10:08:19 PM » Author: suzukir122
Welp, we share another thing in common... I also have a friend with a Mazda Miata. He's a coworker lol... I've gotten the
chance to ride with him in the Miata too, since we had to at some point in time while I was selling my older motorcycle
to him. Although his Miata will never, ever be like a motorcycle, it's still fast, and very, very loud.
His is red, and also a convertible.
But yeah that Subaru Legacy sounds like a beast, even with the stock exhaust. What year model is it?
My Pontiac G6 is a tank too, and has proven to be very reliable, but it's absolutely nothing compared to
something more luxurious like the Subaru Legacy, or my current motorcycle.
I'm not happy about the sound quality in my video, or the video quality in general, so I may make another one.
Side note: yes my G6 has an exhaust leak. haha

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:29:30 AM » Author: CEB1993
Welp, we share another thing in common... I also have a friend with a Mazda Miata. He's a coworker lol... I've gotten the
chance to ride with him in the Miata too, since we had to at some point in time while I was selling my older motorcycle
to him. Although his Miata will never, ever be like a motorcycle, it's still fast, and very, very loud.
His is red, and also a convertible.
But yeah that Subaru Legacy sounds like a beast, even with the stock exhaust. What year model is it?
My Pontiac G6 is a tank too, and has proven to be very reliable, but it's absolutely nothing compared to
something more luxurious like the Subaru Legacy, or my current motorcycle.
I'm not happy about the sound quality in my video, or the video quality in general, so I may make another one.
Side note: yes my G6 has an exhaust leak. haha

Thanks!  My car is a 2016 3.6R. The 3.6R is the only Subaru Legacy equipped with a 6 cylinder engine. I’ve heard Subaru’s 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine found in other Legacys and Outbacks (the hatchback versions of my car) is a little slow and noisy. Another one of my friends has an Outback with the 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, and it seems adequately powerful to us. I’m glad I found the 6 cylinder version!

It’s a shame they discontinued Pontiac cars. Pontiac was GM’s muscle car brand producing famous cars like the GTO. Your car sounds like it has some of that muscular Pontiac DNA.  Pontiac engines and many other GM engines really are reliable and sound nice!  The Northstar V8 is one of my favorite GM engines, found in the Pontiac Bonneville, and some Buicks and Cadillacs. It’s really powerful engine that delivers impressive straight line speed, but it’s super quiet and smooth and has a luxury car hum rather than a muscle car rumble.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 01:31:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, ehhh... my pontiac G6 is very slow. Either that, or I'm so use to being on a super-sport bike, that
cars seem generally slow to me. haha.
My car lacks "get up and go," and doesn't sound nearly as sporty as the video suggests. My bike sounds a lot sportier/deeper
than the video suggests... it's weird. I'll have to make a "take 2" video here soon for an attempt at improved audio.
As for reliability, that's where my car is shining right now. Mine is an 07 pontiac G6, 2.4... so only 4 cylinder.
I use to own a two door custom pontiac grand prix, which was not only sportier, but it was also 6 cylinder, with a custom exhaust.
Not nearly as loud as my bike, but still loud.

Interests:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 12:52:42 AM » Author: icefoglights
My nephew used to have a Sportster with Vance & Hines pipes.  It was somewhat loud.  He didn't like to let it rev on his street too much for fear of disturbing the neighbors.  One day he was talking to the elderly gentleman that lives down the street who asked him why he kept his bike bottled up all the time.  He couldn't ride anymore, but still enjoyed the sound, and told my nephew that he needed to open the Harley up and let it sing.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 07:12:23 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Icefoglights, unless physically incapable, I say no one is ever, ever too old to ride a motorcycle lol there's a story
behind why I say that, but I'll have to tell that story some other time when I get more time to tell it.
You should let us here that V Star you got. Let it roar a little. (Not to disturb the neighbors.)
I'll have to make another video of my car and bike here soon. My video was lame in terms of audio and video quality. I may have to mount
the camera behind the car/bike exhausts somehow.

Interests:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 09:06:03 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It might not be mine, but what an engine.!

A V12 Merlin in a car.!!  :o 8)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 09:15:36 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 01:20:21 AM » Author: tolivac
Big electric motors for me-----LOVE the sound of them spooling up when started.Like hearing the 15 Hp main blower motors starting on the transmitters.Also the Cat 3816 genset at the transmitter.This engine is LOUD so you can't listen for long.3000Hp 16 cyl 1800 RPM.Like hearing when it starts and spools down.Like when the generator shakes mounted on spring loaded mounts-when it is stopped.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 02:14:34 AM » Author: suzukir122
V12's are aweseome... heck, all higher cylinder engines are awesome to me as well. I'm kind of an engine enthusiast too... but that's
why I created this thread, with the goal of hearing the engines of the vehicles you guys own.

So if you're reading this and you've got a vehicle, lets hear it!

Interests:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 09:38:07 PM » Author: takemorepills
I have an Infiniti Q60 (AKA G37 coupe) with a VQ37DE. It is probably the best sounding V6 I have ever heard (there's a Jaguar roadster that sounds better), and is one of the reasons I chose this car over other Japanese performance coupes such as the BRZ, FR-S and Lexus RC350: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhIaKvsuPk4
My buddy has a Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Performance. It is definitely a little bit quicker than my car, but soul-less. The sound of a proper internal combustion engine, be it a sweet motorcycle, car, truck, boat....way better than the silence of an EV car. I LOVE the sound of my Q60, even with the windows up it sounds so sweet.

Also, I have a Nissan Titan with full exhaust, headers, tune, putting down about 400 WHP, sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1dF4esNco
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 10:08:26 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Takemorepills, the Infiniti Q60, and the Nissan Titan, both sound nice. I'd love to see a video of both of yours though.
You could, if you have time, make a rev/fly by video of them. I'm working on making a rev/fly by video of my boring pontiac G6,
and my Triumph Daytona 675, both at *safe* speeds, of course.
Anyway, I highly agree with you... Tesla's seem soul-less. I won't lie, I was beginning to develop a very small interest in Tesla
as well, but that interest is decreasing at a fast rate, since they're beginning to emerge like any other common car.

Interests:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 12:50:01 AM » Author: takemorepills
@Takemorepills, the Infiniti Q60, and the Nissan Titan, both sound nice. I'd love to see a video of both of yours though.
You could, if you have time, make a rev/fly by video of them. I'm working on making a rev/fly by video of my boring pontiac G6,
and my Triumph Daytona 675, both at *safe* speeds, of course.
Anyway, I highly agree with you... Tesla's seem soul-less. I won't lie, I was beginning to develop a very small interest in Tesla
as well, but that interest is decreasing at a fast rate, since they're beginning to emerge like any other common car.

Getting video will be tough. I DO have video of the stereo system in my Q60, the car has 10" woofers in the door, from the factory (4 10's altogether).

I told my wife she should get a Tesla. Great wife car. What really rubs me the wrong way about Tesla? They put the darn common functions in the touch screen display. Want to adjust your side mirrors? You need to use the touch screen to scroll through menus to get to it. Seat heaters? Same deal. Touch screens suck, there's no tactile feedback, and when you are bouncing down a road, it takes far too much concentration to make sure you push the right "button" on the touch screen. What the heck is wrong with the usual side mirror adjust joystick all cars had before? Or normal switches for the seats?
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 01:08:14 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Takemorepills, yeah... touch screen while you're driving... failed to touch your target, gotta concentrate more and more on
touching the target, touch screen not responding so touch more to get respon-- BOOM!! Collide with stopped semi truck on side of road.
That really doesn't sound safe. Also don't forget, a lot, if not all Tesla's have that "self driving" GPS based feature.
I'm not a fan of that either.
But yeah man if you ever get the chance, take a video of your Q60 and Titan. If you upload on YT, make sure to upload it as "Unlisted," so
that only those with the link can view it. Then again, that's your decision if you want it public or not. There are definitely a lot
of Infiniti Q60 and Nissan Titan fans out there.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 09:22:59 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's the video of the ignition and engine note from my old VW Jetta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vATldi-0h4&feature=youtu.be

My 2004 VW Jetta has a stock muffler and a standard 2.0 liter four cylinder engine.  The Subaru blows this engine away in terms of power, but the little VW engine sounds really nice with a subtle sports car rumble.  The ignition sounds really deep and truck-like for a four cylinder engine.  This car has a diesel version with a distinct "clatter" while idling.  I always liked the sound of the VW engine here, especially when I floor it and drive it really hard.  The car revs high and begins to have a low "buzzing" sound like an angry swarm of bees once you hit about 60 mph.  The Jetta is meant to be an affordable drivers' car with a pleasant engine rumble, quick, tight, and heavily weighted steering, and a firm ride that keeps the car level when cornering at high speeds.   

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies