Author Topic: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house?  (Read 11471 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 03:26:58 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
No, I'd say it was 80's. Tapered handle. Will be changing all of the snap switches out this winter. Got your name on them if you still want them.
I still want them. PM me when you get them all down.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #31 on: November 30, 2019, 12:02:26 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
No, I'd say it was 80's. Tapered handle. Will be changing all of the snap switches out this winter. Got your name on them if you still want them.
@GE101R, me and fluorescent lover 40 agreed that he gets 1 3 way and 2 single pole switches (and I get the rest of the switches), he gets all of the 2 prong outlets, and we split the plates.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #32 on: December 02, 2019, 10:46:15 PM » Author: hannahs lights
In my house I have 1970s vintage white light switches and sockets made by MK which then we're a very good brand a few of the sockets have needed replacement due to faulty switches  but basically it's mostly the original firings. Now my shack is a different matter there I have modern 13 amp outlets but because there's never enough I have a board with 2 and 3 pin 2  5 and 15 amp outlets on that date back to the 1930s  they still work great the plug feeding this board is fused at 5 amps for safety
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #33 on: December 03, 2019, 04:43:23 PM » Author: Jovan
I have Aling Conel switches and outlets.Metalka Majur is used for bathroom and in garage and they work nice.P.S turn on google translate or set site to display on english.
Aling conel https://aling-conel.com/sr/
Metalka Majur http://www.metalka-majur.com/
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 03:43:52 AM » Author: icefoglights
My house has almost all white Decora styled wiring devices.  The original section of the house uses mostly GE or Leviton.  The bottom floor of the addition is Leviton, while the top floor of the addition is Hubbell.  There's a few Pass & Seymour and Cooper devices kicking around here and there.  I used stainless steel wallplates in my bedroom.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #35 on: December 04, 2019, 07:02:46 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
My house has almost all white Decora styled wiring devices.  The original section of the house uses mostly GE or Leviton.  The bottom floor of the addition is Leviton, while the top floor of the addition is Hubbell.  There's a few Pass & Seymour and Cooper devices kicking around here and there.  I used stainless steel wallplates in my bedroom.
Did your house originally have snap or mercury switches?

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #36 on: December 04, 2019, 03:32:39 PM » Author: icefoglights
Nope.  Original wiring was installed in the mid-90s.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #37 on: December 30, 2019, 09:22:01 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Did you remove the snap switches yet?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #38 on: December 31, 2019, 03:42:19 PM » Author: Ash
Recently i have swapped out some 1997 DJG Modulux switches and receptacles in a place undergoing renovations, where i am helping set it up (also saved ~50 fluorescent fittings from there)

Modulux is a "decorative" lineup of switches and receptacles. It is an Israeli extension of the German Berker Modul MB series from the late 80s. The switches are Berker ones (imported), and the receptacles are made here by DJG to match the same appearance and faceplates. The "1 device" faceplates (used on both the switches and receptacles) are made by DJG, and the "2 horizontal", "2 vertical" and larger faceplates are Berker ones

In their place i have installed modern Schneider Electric Unica devices

PS. The Berker switches have proved to be quite rugged. One of the switches i got had been closed twice into a 400V (phase to phase) short circuit (due to an idiot electrician who powered the same lighting circuit in parallel from 2 breakers on different phases, leaving to the housekeeper to discover the surprise). There are imprints of soot in front of all switch body openings in the device box in the wall, and the switch itself stinks of burned material, but it still makes the proper snap feel and sound and works correctly (allthough it will need complete refurbishing to work safely again)

PS2. I have saved very nice haul of Fluorescent luminaires from that place too
Bert

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #39 on: January 04, 2020, 11:10:13 AM » Author: Bert
I've never seen switches like those before.

These were the first common switches for mounting in a wall box here in the USA. Toggle style came later.

My house was built sometime in the 20's so that switch has been in service for close to 100 years. I have several original light fixtures as well.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #40 on: January 04, 2020, 11:48:21 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
My house was built sometime in the 20's so that switch has been in service for close to 100 years. I have several original light fixtures as well.
If they still work, why replace them.? Especially if a modern switch will look out of place.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #41 on: January 04, 2020, 12:07:59 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
If they still work, why replace them.? Especially if a modern switch will look out of place.  :)
Exactly! Modern stuff always looks out of place in old houses!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #42 on: January 04, 2020, 02:38:21 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Exactly! Modern stuff always looks out of place in old houses!
You can get reproduction switches, but why bother if you've got the original.! :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #43 on: January 04, 2020, 05:47:47 PM » Author: HPS_250
I have Leviton incandescent dimmer switches, but I don’t know how to identify the outlets. They are from anywhere between 1980 and 2010 though.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #44 on: January 04, 2020, 05:49:02 PM » Author: HPS_250
I also have plain white switch plates and GFCI outlets only in the bathrooms.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies