Author Topic: A light source has emerged that is better than LED.  (Read 9496 times)
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 01:09:30 AM » Author: tolivac
Looked at the XED website-these lamps are indeed marketed to growers at crazy stupid prices.Also  used for streetlighting,gen lighting,and floodlights.All fine and dandy--but NO lumen out figures for the lamps.Made in wattages from 70-200W.You have color choices from 3300K-4000K.They claim these lamps last 20,000 hrs+.For the prices of these bulbs,fixtures,and ballasts-figure traditional HID and LED is much cheaper.This technology introduced too late to compete.For the price of ONE XED lamp you could buy like two LED or CMH fixtures instead.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 01:50:46 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Correct, that’s also why the website seems ‘broken’, they were probably a big idea that they put out there too late.
Especially here where most HID fixtures with an E40 lamp holder are now being crushed in their millions at scrap yards!, by the time users, re-bought new lanterns/ lamps and gear the cost just wouldn’t add up?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 01:56:04 AM » Author: Medved
...and if it did, Us (the collectors) would start hating this light source as much as we hate LED now (and if you need more proof, look for old posts where people are hating HPS and saying that LED will be a good thing for wiping out HPS).

This is exactly what I have in my mind reading many posts about "how LEDs are worse than anything else" or so here...
The irony is, in many case these are the same people... :-D

No more selfballasted c***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 02:37:42 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I don't personally hate any light source.

Im not particularly fond of the cool white LED variant that seems to be extremely commonly used.

But the technology itself is fine. Infact I have some bulbs in collection that are LED.. Like an early GE bulb that's made entirely of glass and metal.

This XED source. I must obtain a specimen before they die much like the CRT bulb...

(I STILL WANT ONE OF THOSE!)

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 04:54:02 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Looked at the XED website-these lamps are indeed marketed to growers at crazy stupid prices.Also  used for streetlighting,gen lighting,and floodlights.All fine and dandy--but NO lumen out figures for the lamps.Made in wattages from 70-200W.You have color choices from 3300K-4000K.They claim these lamps last 20,000 hrs+.For the prices of these bulbs,fixtures,and ballasts-figure traditional HID and LED is much cheaper.This technology introduced too late to compete.For the price of ONE XED lamp you could buy like two LED or CMH fixtures instead.
What site did you look? This seems to be the manufacturer https://xedlight.com/ while this seems to be the only dealer I was able to find and I have to say I'm not really convinced about them but at least there were some vague prices https://xedhydrolighting.com.au/

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 05:24:31 AM » Author: dor123
What site did you look? This seems to be the manufacturer https://xedlight.com/ while this seems to be the only dealer I was able to find and I have to say I'm not really convinced about them but at least there were some vague prices https://xedhydrolighting.com.au/
Someone trys to market a MH lamp as a xenon arc (XED) lamp, similar to the customary in the automotive industry (Xenon headlights, rather than MH headlights), and than claim that it is more efficient than LED (The second claim is true, the first is false).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:28:12 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 06:03:46 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Let the hating begin. Lol.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 01:06:21 AM » Author: tolivac
From what I see on the XED light-these would be "XENIDE" lamps?I see the Xenide term used for headlights and portable HID lights.I have many portable "Xenide" lights-that some use the same 35W HID automotive headlight lamps and ballasts.Often folks that have older halogen portable lights convert them to HID by installing car HID headlight kits.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 07:44:29 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
If you were to take a hps bulb out of a fixture would you need a ballast for the lamp or can it be like a LED retrofit.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 09:27:11 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
According to the XEDlight website, there are two types of lamps, a 3000K lamp with 85 to 90CRI and a lumen efficiency of 125LPW, and a 4200K lamp with 95CRI and a lumen efficiency of 110LPW. They also claim the average life of these lamps is over 30,000 hours, they also claim other things like low light decay, no glare.

But even with all of that, i doubt these will be replacing LED anytime soon, and if it did, Us (the collectors) would start hating this light source as much as we hate LED now (and if you need more proof, look for old posts where people are hating HPS and saying that LED will be a good thing for wiping out HPS).
I saw that they called it "garbage".

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 05:33:22 PM » Author: migette1
Will stick to LED light to raise my plants, cheap on ebay and cheap to run.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Saqib

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 06:10:57 AM » Author: Saqib
light source that can emit a light spectrum almost like the Sun is XED or Xenon Energy Saving Discharge Lamp. LED discharges more in the blue wavelengths which can be dangerous to health of the living beings. XED saves 87.5% energy, gives full light spectrum, long lifetime, failure of low light, and has 80% original luminous efficiency after working 20,000 hours
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 10:37:20 AM » Author: dor123
light source that can emit a light spectrum almost like the Sun is XED or Xenon Energy Saving Discharge Lamp. LED discharges more in the blue wavelengths which can be dangerous to health of the living beings. XED saves 87.5% energy, gives full light spectrum, long lifetime, failure of low light, and has 80% original luminous efficiency after working 20,000 hours
Subscribed Advertiser

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 10:53:29 AM » Author: RCM442
I'll keep an eye on him.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A light source has emerged that is better than LED. « Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 02:51:51 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Maybe XED won’t work, but maybe HPS will rise again!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies