Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 66028 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #210 on: June 09, 2021, 08:04:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today we had a carnival for the 8th grade because we weren't able to go on field trips this year, we had a food truck and lots of other fun stuff there, on that food truck were 2 generic "60w" LED Floodlights. They were never turned on, well because it wasn't dark out. They had the brand stamped on them along with one that says IP66, can't remember the brand of it but it was some Chinese one.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #211 on: June 14, 2021, 07:54:19 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
The local Home Depot has some MV or MH round canopy lights at the pick up area, very nice.

I remember seeing them often in parking garages when I was a kid

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #212 on: June 14, 2021, 09:30:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw Induction shoeboxes at a hospital parking lot (donut lamps). Also saw some cool old NEMA heads (old form 101 and 101SAs) and a MV M250R1 in an LED town! I wasn’t really able to get photos because it was cloudy and a little rainy, I will be sure to go back there again.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #213 on: June 15, 2021, 02:57:56 AM » Author: High Intensity
Spotted a brand new light pole outside a parking lot, this pole replaced another pole that was still standing but leaning quite a bit after a car hit the base. The fixture on the pole was a Leotek GC1, which was likely moved over from the old pole.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #214 on: June 15, 2021, 07:16:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
When a construction project was underway in Loudon I noticed that they were going to put up new traffic signal poles, one pole had an Affinity S904D and the other had a GE M250R2 with a cycling lamp that missed the LED changeout. Well I drove by the area and saw that the new signal poles were put up and the pole on the side with the M250R2 had no arm at all and the side with the Affinity light had a longer arm with the S904D reinstalled! I wish they’d put up a Leotek or AEL light.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #215 on: June 21, 2021, 08:02:00 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Yesterday, but I noticed the GE Evolve that was installed about two months ago was already out... And another recently repaired Evolve was out again as well. And another one was out... Fun stuff.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #216 on: June 21, 2021, 08:05:49 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Found some old teardrops in Balboa Park in San Diego. I also saw a pair of OV-25's, but I couldn't get a picture, unfortunately.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #217 on: June 22, 2021, 08:19:37 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here's what I found on my trip up to Gorham NH for a baseball game.
- Holophane "Mini Highmast" light
- Working MV M250R1, M250A, and M250R2. (Newer model w/deep fp lens)
- More MV NEMA heads
- Wide-Lite floods (smaller and larger models)
- A smaller Affinity fixture that was fried (Smaller versions rarely do this)
- 100w HPS 3rd Generation Westinghouse OV15s.
- Some more 70w MH M250R2s.
- Cool old MV sign lights
- Interesting looking HPS floodlights that I'm not sure who made.
- A GE M250R2 on a weird guy arm.
Don't worry, I'm going back up either this weekend or next weekend to see these.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 07:11:26 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #218 on: June 23, 2021, 12:38:10 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I found a parking lot full of Acre of Light looking things while coming back from a racetrack in Indiana .
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9154916,-85.3850184,3a,75y,283h,98.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saEVELTuFeUYy2qOCrU0UKw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Any ideas what they are ?

There's also a school kinda nearby with some Unistyles in the parking lot. I couldn't tell if they were 400w or 1000w as we were driving and I wasn't able to get any pictures .
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:58:18 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #219 on: June 23, 2021, 08:10:56 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Went down to Durham on a trip to UNH with a program that I’m part of and I found some cool stuff there and on the journey there. Here’s what I saw:
- 250w MV GE M400A w/ missing glass (haven’t seen one before)
- 2 100w MV M250A2s (One Eversource and 1 Unitil owned)
- More GE 101SAs and 101s.
- A Brand New 70w HPS AEL 115.
- A few 70w MH M250R2s
- A GE M400A at a car dealership that was leaning and had a broken glass (might be MV)
- 2 MV Powrbrackets were removed from their poles at an abandoned building, nothing was reinstalled.
- Hubbell Floodlights at an abandoned gas station.
- Lots of OVMs, including one MV version. They had lots of 400w OVMs, some even on narrow streets!
- RAB LROADs (Some black and some grey)
- Black AEL ATB2s
- Westinghouse OV25 on UNH campus
- Westinghouse OV25 Tudor 400w (Tag was faded so I wasn’t sure if it was MV or not)
Today I realized that UNH has their own electric department! Their poles are around campus and serve those buildings, I don’t think they serve any houses. The last 5 finds are on the UNH grid. I like how they use black lights too, I think they started with the Black ATB2s since they are the earlier and more thick version and then they are now installing those Black LROADs. The Eversource part of Durham has AEL ATBMs in 60w, they use 60w on residential roads, traffic circles, main streets, parking lots, and alleyways. I’ll go back and take pictures of some cool stuff there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:13:47 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #220 on: June 26, 2021, 03:53:28 AM » Author: High Intensity
Was going through part of San Jose and spotted some recently installed 3000K GCMs next to some 4000K GCMs that had been installed in prior months.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #221 on: June 26, 2021, 09:11:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw 2 of those LPS NEMA heads in someone’s yard today.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #222 on: June 26, 2021, 09:29:04 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Saw 2 of those LPS NEMA heads in someone’s yard today.

Wow, thats a really cool sighting! I remember those lights very well around here from the later 70s into the 80s. I always really loved them!   :lps: They were not that many around owing to their cost (about 2.5 times more than a 175W MV NEMA). I have not seen one of those LPS NEMAs in service for over 20 years! Most used in this area I believe were made by Norelco.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #223 on: June 26, 2021, 09:41:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Wow, thats a really cool sighting! I remember those lights very well around here from the later 70s into the 80s. I always really loved them!   :lps: They were not that many around owing to their cost (about 2.5 times more than a 175W MV NEMA). I have not seen one of those LPS NEMAs in service for over 20 years! Most used in this area I believe were made by Norelco.
Yeah, I heard Norelco and ITT making them. I haven’t seen any around here except those two! I hope there’s more LPS around here!

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #224 on: June 26, 2021, 10:05:04 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Yeah, I heard Norelco and ITT making them. I haven’t seen any around here except those two! I hope there’s more LPS around here!

I am pretty sure about the ITT ones as well. These LPS yard lights surely looked sweet at night too! Getting hold of any of the parts from these fixtures always would be a great idea if they are to found anywhere, especially the reflector which is specially longer for the elongated bulb. I do not have one of these lights but might end up making one someday if I cannot get hold of an intact fixture. The special reflector would be the toughest part of the assembly. :lps:

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies