Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 65940 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #375 on: July 23, 2022, 07:26:30 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
It probably won't take long to find one.

On another note I forgot to mention I saw 3 random 3000K Verdeons installed on utility poles in Manchester, a city with 4000K Autobahns. Perhaps Eversource now has a fixture of choice to replace LEDs.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #376 on: July 23, 2022, 08:04:32 PM » Author: 108CAM
Found 8 Australian made F36T8 Thorn Power Savers in the same trash pile as my Rymer 2x36w bare battens. Glad to have saved them as they're very good quality and will last years. I can't be 100% sure but I'm fairly certain they are original to the Rymers as they look to be the same vintage. There was a 9th tube that was sadly broken but I still took it because the vacuum had cleanly removed the phosphor coating meaning I could get a very good photo of the cathode.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #377 on: July 24, 2022, 11:43:06 AM » Author: Molly
Dayburning Mercury ITT Model 25

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #378 on: July 28, 2022, 07:50:27 PM » Author: thelightingman
Yesterday I found and saved a roadkill Cooper OVX for it's parts as it was pretty much smashed. Today I got one of those fluorescent "jelly jar" lights from the ReStore for $5 and it was brand new.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #379 on: July 29, 2022, 10:55:04 AM » Author: Molly
Oh, nice. I found a GE M250A2 in a dumpster but it was way too damaged to be saved.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #380 on: July 30, 2022, 06:00:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well I found 3 new cottage associations and motels around here that have those top mount incandescent fixtures commonly found at old gas stations, I also saw an old radial wave arm at Sandy Point Resort in Alton. Did some research and found multiple old fixtures at that location.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #381 on: July 30, 2022, 08:34:38 PM » Author: Molly
Today I saw that a house near me had their red OV12 working! I believe it was MV but now its either CMH or LED.

There's some OV-12s in Vermont that still work!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #382 on: July 31, 2022, 01:34:55 AM » Author: 108CAM
Bought this fluorescent street light made by AJ Ferguson. Been after one for quite some time and finally found one albeit without the part that mounts it to the arm but when you consider how rare they are, it was definitely worth it. The previous owner also did an excellent job converting it into a floor lamp.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #383 on: July 31, 2022, 08:32:30 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
There's some OV-12s in Vermont that still work!
Where abouts are they?

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #384 on: July 31, 2022, 11:31:44 AM » Author: Molly
Dummerston.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #385 on: July 31, 2022, 07:53:04 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Oh nice.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #386 on: July 31, 2022, 07:57:26 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today down in Hampton Beach I saw a weird pendant light that ran down the side of a pole. I’m guessing it was once a pullbox light at one point but I don’t know, it is long disconnected either way. Also noticed a bunch of the Hampton Affinity lights with black photocells meaning they needed to be serviced by Unitil and those are the ones that they put up. Almost EVERY other S904D I saw had noticeable charring on the diodes, what a shame this cheap junk is about to fail in droves after only 2 years.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #387 on: August 01, 2022, 11:54:48 AM » Author: Molly
I go to NH all the time and the Affinity lights are pure garbage.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #388 on: August 01, 2022, 08:16:43 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm well aware. ::)

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #389 on: August 02, 2022, 02:38:04 AM » Author: 108CAM
Found this really cool and interesting F30T9 tube.
It's pink and has a length of 1080mm which is uncommon.

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies