Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 66071 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #75 on: February 06, 2021, 02:33:01 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw various MV NEMA heads mostly 60s era GE form 101s, one look liked it had an old tall yellow Ripley PC.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #76 on: February 06, 2021, 08:51:19 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Were these rental lights? I know that PSNH offered these NEMAs for decades, all were 100W mercury and 240V. Nothing could kill them. That tall yellow Ripley is a "faded" yellow one. Originally these were light gray, they were made from around 1967 through 1971. Those never seemed to die either :)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #77 on: February 06, 2021, 08:56:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Were these rental lights? I know that PSNH offered these NEMAs for decades, all were 100W mercury and 240V. Nothing could kill them. That tall yellow Ripley is a "faded" yellow one. Originally these were light gray, they were made from around 1967 through 1971. Those never seemed to die either :)
They were as they were in yards, home developments, and a few businesses. I'll have to get a pic of it.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #78 on: February 06, 2021, 09:48:55 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Literally just got done replacing a 60w 620 lumen Sylvania incandescent with another 60w 620 lumen Sylvania! Again, I flipped on the switch and one bright flash and then darkness.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #79 on: February 06, 2021, 10:00:13 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
500W GE Photo Bulb
40W S shape GE photo bulb
25W Ceramic Green incandescent
and many more from an estate sale for only 2 dollars!
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #80 on: February 07, 2021, 09:05:30 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Saw another M-250R2 missout today, and it's missing its door. It works too. Will have to get a picture of it.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #81 on: February 13, 2021, 04:44:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw lots of missout HID fixtures in Hooksett. I also noticed some old poles near me and that one pole that had deadends now also has a new polymer insulator. Also saw a random new pole with nothing on it but it had a new 3phase system on it and it tied in with another pole, what's also odd is that they used wood crossarms instead of the metal that they typically use.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #82 on: February 13, 2021, 08:24:52 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Hookset used to have quite a few GE M-250R2s in 100W MH (glass refractors). They were on a main road heading into town from Manchester. I remember when they were installed back around 1998. The predecessors were mid-60s GE M-250s with a silver finish, I think 175W MV. PSNH also used a few 70W GE MH lights there and in numerous other towns. All with glass optics. They frequently had starting problems in the cold weather with subsequent starting aid failures. Some of these had medium base sockets (on adjustable frames) FYI. PSNH also had a handful of 50W MH GE M-250R2s but owing to starting issues those probably are long gone now. The red tags on all of these certainly are cool to look at :-)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #83 on: February 13, 2021, 08:28:52 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hookset used to have quite a few GE M-250R2s in 100W MH (glass refractors). They were on a main road heading into town from Manchester. I remember when they were installed back around 1998. The predecessors were mid-60s GE M-250s with a silver finish, I think 175W MV. PSNH also used a few 70W GE MH lights there and in numerous other towns. All with glass optics. They frequently had starting problems in the cold weather with subsequent starting aid failures. Some of these had medium base sockets (on adjustable frames) FYI. PSNH also had a handful of 50W MH GE M-250R2s but owing to starting issues those probably are long gone now. The red tags on all of these certainly are cool to look at :-)
Loudon has the 70w MH M250R2s, just with yellow tags which is weird. Also remembered that the bridge going into Hooksett has 175w M250R2s with with white tags. I have a photo of a 100w PSMH M250R2 in my gallery along with a night shot of a 70w MH M250R2. Forgot to mention that I also saw gas station shoeboxes with small halogen floods mounted on top!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 09:06:48 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #84 on: February 15, 2021, 03:58:14 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
On the CalTrans system I saw two more new Solarmax SMXs installed with one replacing a Leotek E-Cobra that was repaired but must have died again and I don't know what the other one replaced, but most likely a Leotek E-Cobra or GreenCobra. I also saw a new Leotek EC1 installed!
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #85 on: February 15, 2021, 04:59:58 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I also saw a new Leotek EC1 installed!
Really? Those are still being installed?!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #86 on: February 15, 2021, 05:04:17 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Yeah apparently, it was installed on a new pole. Before the pole was added, there was no pole where it is now.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #87 on: February 15, 2021, 08:15:47 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yeah apparently, it was installed on a new pole. Before the pole was added, there was no pole where it is now.
Maybe they’re just using up their inventory.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #88 on: February 17, 2021, 08:24:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I had a basketball game in Franklin so I was able to see the Roadfocus fixtures at night and almost every single fixture was very dim and color shifted to about 3500K from their original 4000K color.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #89 on: February 17, 2021, 08:30:23 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
A municipal utility here in southeast MA has about 2,000 of these fixtures and have had very good luck with them without very much color shift as well (they are around 2800K). They were installed 2 years ago. How old are the lights you are referring to?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies