Author Topic: GOL ATL ????  (Read 8649 times)
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
GOL ATL ???? « on: June 16, 2020, 11:56:20 AM » Author: migette1
Can someone tell me whether these 2 are still going Gallery of Lights and All Things Lighting seems a mystery to me?

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 02:50:49 PM » Author: Ash
GOL ATL EOL
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 02:55:28 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Gallery Of Lights is still there, but sadly has very little activity these days.
All Things Lighting, I don't know, its been awhile since I last logged on there...I just tried to visit & got a couple errors. It wouldn't load at all

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 02:59:32 PM » Author: Rommie
The guy who ran ATL threw a hissy fit when I had a go at him for editing the descriptions of my photos for no reason. Haven't been on since and I can't say I miss it.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 03:26:39 PM » Author: AngryHorse
ATL is a bit of a mystery?, when Paul re-generated the site he gave us new passwords and user names.
These went well for a few months, then one afternoon when I logged in, the site told me the new username and password wasn’t recognised, I tried again thinking I’d put it in wrong, and it failed, on the fifth attempt the site login told me I was banned????

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 04:36:52 PM » Author: Binarix128
I went to ATL, and it is a personal blog, there's no button for register or a mensagge board, seems like maintain a forum was too expensive for the website owner.

What about GoL? I attempted to register 2 times and nothing, I still don't recive my user activation notification, and in this year only one member has join. Do you know what happen with GoL?
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 04:47:08 PM » Author: Binarix128
Gallery Of Lights is still there, but sadly has very little activity these days.
All Things Lighting, I don't know, its been awhile since I last logged on there...I just tried to visit & got a couple errors. It wouldn't load at all
Coppermine is still installed, when I click in your ATL icon it launch me to log in, with the classic theme like in my webpage. The page was configurated to guests can't surf the gallery albums or register, and the "index.php" was modified. There are two webpages, this and this. Seems like the page was sold.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:52:25 PM » Author: Binarix128
ATL is a bit of a mystery?, when Paul re-generated the site he gave us new passwords and user names.
These went well for a few months, then one afternoon when I logged in, the site told me the new username and password wasn’t recognised, I tried again thinking I’d put it in wrong, and it failed, on the fifth attempt the site login told me I was banned????
Coppermine is configurated to temporally ban the users after five failed attemps for 10 minutes, that's the default. Seems like the webmaster deleted the MySQL base or banned all users.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 05:35:19 PM » Author: Rommie
As I said, he threw a wobbly when I complained that he'd edited some of my photo descriptions without asking or telling me he'd done it. Then the site went off, when it came back my username didn't work any more. I emailed him and told him I wanted all my photos deleted (they were still visible at the time) and I got a volley of abuse for my trouble.

Good riddance to bad rubbish is all I can say.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 06:12:44 PM » Author: Binarix128
As I said, he threw a wobbly when I complained that he'd edited some of my photo descriptions without asking or telling me he'd done it. Then the site went off, when it came back my username didn't work any more. I emailed him and told him I wanted all my photos deleted (they were still visible at the time) and I got a volley of abuse for my trouble.

Good riddance to bad rubbish is all I can say.
Yep, ATL EOL. I wonder if GoL also EOL, I can't register for an accont in the site.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 02:07:51 AM » Author: dor123
Paul Young didn't wanted me in ATL, when I tried to login there during the beginning of the 2010's. All what he is know, is to ban users forever.
Now ATL is a private website like The Lamp Room, and torrent websites like TorrentLeech and TorrentBytes.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 02:17:39 AM » Author: Binarix128
There was members at ATL? I wonder what the existing members did to register in the site. I think that ATL was not a friendly site like here.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 02:52:26 AM » Author: dor123
ATL have a dictatorship nature.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 04:16:17 AM » Author: joseph_125
GoL is still active but there's not a lot of activity going on on the site. I'm not sure about ATL, I never registered as it was a site more oriented towards British lighting but I remember it used to have a forum and gallery like LG. Not sure what happened it it now as every link on the homepage leads to a login without an option to sign up. ???
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: GOL ATL ???? « Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 05:11:28 AM » Author: migette1
Many thanks for comments on these two sites, thought I was doing something wrong as I am not very good on computer and was never brought up with them as my age shows. Made my mind up to not bother with those sites (ATL and GOL ) as LGN plus Kilokats and the Russian Bulb Site welcome members and makes them feel at home.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies