Author Topic: What happened to Phillip Slawinski  (Read 3138 times)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 09:11:40 PM » Author: takemorepills
What I don't understand, so much enthusiast discussion has migrated away from forums to FB, but FB is a terrible platform for enthusiast topics.
Like cars, for example. Many of the car forums I am on are basically "dead", the consensus is all of the discussion has moved over to FB. But, FB is a dumpster-fire, it's not conducive to organizing enthusiast thoughts/activities into a searchable, logical database.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 11:23:36 PM » Author: joseph_125
What I don't understand, so much enthusiast discussion has migrated away from forums to FB, but FB is a terrible platform for enthusiast topics.
Like cars, for example. Many of the car forums I am on are basically "dead", the consensus is all of the discussion has moved over to FB. But, FB is a dumpster-fire, it's not conducive to organizing enthusiast thoughts/activities into a searchable, logical database.

My best guess as to why is since your average person already has a FB account already and if they had to pick between making a new account and joining a forum or joining a FB group they opt for the latter. The same applies for Reddit, especially for enthusiast discussion that caters more to the 18-30 demographic. Kind of unfortunate in my opinion as forums present the information to you in a much more searchable and organized manner compared to a FB group or a subreddit. I guess FB groups and subreddits are the modern day equivalent of Yahoo groups. I remember there used to be at least a couple of them to discuss streetlighting.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 06:23:11 AM » Author: Silverliner
I’m one of the original members here and I haven’t lost interest in lighting. ;D

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What happened to Phillip Slawinski « Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 12:35:03 PM » Author: HPS_250
I’ve been here for 10 months and my lighting interest is even stronger than when I joined.  ;D

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies