Author Topic: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended)  (Read 5596 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 09:30:09 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I find it amazing to see that the price is still pretty low especially for the fixture and rare lamp.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 12:05:54 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Exactly why would a collector want to restore this if the ballast is toast, never mind the lamp?

Just to clarify, I'd rather invest in a clean, unrusted fluorescent bulkhead fixture, modify it by adding an SLI/H ballast, add the proper sockets and get a known working lamp.

In the description there's a reference to another similar fixture (likely sold) which makes me believe the one still up on auction is a mess. So beware!

I did get my 60w SLI/H lamp to work properly on a 50w PSMH ballast and a FS4 starter today. Very blink happy startup.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 12:38:03 AM » Author: joseph_125
Exactly why would a collector want to restore this if the ballast is toast, never mind the lamp?

Just to clarify, I'd rather invest in a clean, unrusted fluorescent bulkhead fixture, modify it by adding an SLI/H ballast, add the proper sockets and get a known working lamp.

In the description there's a reference to another similar fixture (likely sold) which makes me believe the one still up on auction is a mess. So beware!

Well it might take me a while to get around to actually restoring it but I would much rather refer to restore an original luminaire compared to modifying a generic fluorescent light to run a SLI lamp. Plus the design of this luminaire is much more unique compared to a modern fluorescent fixture. Since the ballast is the wrong voltage anyway I'd probably not care as much if it works or not.

Plus even if the fixture is not restorable and the lamp is dead, the current price is still cheap enough just to get a SLI to display.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #18 on: October 30, 2020, 02:05:25 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
You should still test the lamp if you win it. Mine was able to work very well on the 50w MH ballast I got today.

RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #19 on: October 30, 2020, 08:40:55 AM » Author: RadxD461

how much is this in US $?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 08:56:21 AM » Author: Rommie
The thing is, I don't need or want a complete fixture. I don't have the space and at the end of the day I'm a lamp collector not a fixture collector. I'm interested in the lamp itself, so all I want is a working lamp and ballast.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 01:04:26 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

Currently 33.79 usd and 48.45 shipping for my area in the USA.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 01:22:28 PM » Author: joseph_125

A quick way with eBay is to change the domain from the uk one to the US one to check the price and shipping in USD. I do it all the time with the Canadian eBay domain to get a price in CAD.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 01:24:40 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just hope somebody here on lighting gallery can win this fixture since it is pretty rare.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #24 on: October 30, 2020, 01:34:41 PM » Author: Rommie
As I said, I don't want a fixture, I want a working lamp and ballast, and this listing doesn't confirm either is actually working. Not worth the effort on my part. I hope that whoever does get it can restore it, though.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #25 on: October 30, 2020, 01:45:46 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just hope that whoever wins the fixture will not trash the original SLI/H lamp for the purpose of converting it to LED while restoring this fixture.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:59:12 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #26 on: October 30, 2020, 02:25:15 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Let us know who wins the fixture.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #27 on: October 30, 2020, 02:34:40 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Update: the auction ended.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #28 on: October 30, 2020, 02:36:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Did anybody on lighting gallery win this fixture?

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #29 on: October 30, 2020, 02:40:39 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't know who won it, but it went for a lot more than we were willing to pay for a lamp in that condition.!!  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies