Author Topic: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended)  (Read 5580 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « on: October 23, 2020, 02:58:48 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a listing for a 60w SLI/H fixture with a lamp on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bulkhead-Vintage-Heavy-Duty-Bulkhead-Light-Industrial-Resto-Project-No-Glass/324346080200?hash=item4b84886bc8:g:A9YAAOSw9iNfZ0Mz
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:35:00 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 03:35:21 PM » Author: Rommie
It's absolutely filthy and would take an age to properly restore. The lamp doesn't look in the best of condition either  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 03:41:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
It's absolutely filthy and would take an age to properly restore. The lamp doesn't look in the best of condition either  :-\

You could try cleaning the lamp if you win this fitting.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 03:43:44 PM » Author: Rommie
You could try cleaning the lamp if you win this fitting.
Indeed, but what is it like internally, does it even work..? I might take a chance towards the end if the price stays low, but I'm not spending a fortune on it, already done that recently  :lol:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 03:46:41 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Indeed, but what is it like internally, does it even work..? I might take a chance towards the end if the price stays low, but I'm not spending a fortune on it, already done that recently  :lol:

The ballast inside is the proper ballast from what I did understand when I inspected my fitting.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 03:49:26 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In my fitting the lamp did work except it had loose endcaps. If the ballast does not work, you could replace it with a 50w SON ballast without the superimposed ignitor or semiparallel ignitor.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 04:04:19 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am hoping that a collector will win this fitting since the listing does not say that it uses SLI/H lamps even though it really does. I imagine if someone outside lighting gallery were to win this fitting, the rare lamp and control gear would be tossed and the fitting would likely get converted to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 04:28:22 PM » Author: Rommie
As I said, it's too far gone for me, it doesn't even have any glass. I might go for it if it's still cheap at the end and just rip the ballast out, but I'm not spending time and effort trying to do anything with that fixture.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 04:42:50 PM » Author: Bulbman256
If someone did want to restore this, to get new glass you could carefully record the dimensions. of the missing glass on the fixture and get a custom glass company to make it for you. :)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 05:22:18 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are there any members who can help restore old light fixtures?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 08:06:13 PM » Author: joseph_125
If this was close enough for me to pick it up myself I'd probably get it. It's pretty rough though and I'll probably need to spend a good amount of time to get it restored.

The missing glass is another issue too, the curve is a issue for sure when sourcing a replacement.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 08:15:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Looks like the bids have stayed very low so far. I would hope that that if Ria does not win this lantern that someone else on LG can win it.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 08:46:38 PM » Author: funkybulb
Dave Guy  in UK going after this ,  he does lantern restoration

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 10:10:25 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Check out this link to find out more about this fixture:

http://streetlightonline.co.uk/D3748_photographs.htm

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 09:07:50 PM » Author: lights*plus
Exactly why would a collector want to restore this if the ballast is toast, never mind the lamp?

Just to clarify, I'd rather invest in a clean, unrusted fluorescent bulkhead fixture, modify it by adding an SLI/H ballast, add the proper sockets and get a known working lamp.

In the description there's a reference to another similar fixture (likely sold) which makes me believe the one still up on auction is a mess. So beware!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 11:44:22 PM by lights*plus » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies