Author Topic: Funny Coworker Stories  (Read 7541 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Funny Coworker Stories « on: October 23, 2020, 08:34:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
Anyone have any stories about funny/crazy/annoying coworker stories from current or previous jobs? I could write a book...  :lol:

At my first job we had this girl "Amber" who was quite a piece of work. She was the class clown of the office and had me in stitches almost every day. She meant well and did a good job at her work, but she had the maturity of a 7-year old and no filter when she spoke to anyone. She eventually got fired for obvious reasons after about one year.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 08:04:23 AM » Author: Rommie
The only one I can think of was a guy who dealt with accident claims etc. at the bus garage I used to work at. To protect the guilty, I'll call him Jim.

We used to have lunch together about once a week in my office, which usually consisted of chips (no, not "French fries" as you Americans call them, proper British chips from a proper British chip shop, not McWhatever or somewhere like that..!)

Anyway, one week we were sitting around putting the world to rights and I realised I had quite a lot of work to do, and mentioned it to Jim. "Hmm, ok" he said.

"Haven't you got any work to do..?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied, "Plenty. I'm just not doing it."  :lol:

What could I say to that..?!  :lol: ::)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 03:26:27 PM » Author: CEB1993
One time Amber mistook Goo Gone for a countertop cleaner. She wiped down our whole workspace and left behind a greasy orange-scented mess. I could smell it all the way down the hall!

We went to Walmart together to buy office supplies and it turned into a hilarious episode  :D We walked through the cleaning aisle and Amber decided she needed air fresheners for her house. (Personal shopping while on the clock, not cool.) Anyway she sprayed and sniffed every can, candle, and plug-in and had colorful descriptions “leather couch,” “fart in a box,” etc. I completely lost it and busted out laughing right in the middle of the store :D

Amber cleaned out the break room fridge one day. It had gotten particularly disgusting and she took matters into her own hands. She went through and threw away everything without someone’s name on it referred to the fridge as “the Petri dish of slime,” and even turned it into a game to see what was the most expired food container. She bragged about finding a can of biscuits 2 years past its expiration date!

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 02:57:01 AM » Author: Medved
The only one I can think of was a guy who dealt with accident claims etc. at the bus garage I used to work at. To protect the guilty, I'll call him Jim.

We used to have lunch together about once a week in my office, which usually consisted of chips (no, not "French fries" as you Americans call them, proper British chips from a proper British chip shop, not McWhatever or somewhere like that..!)

Anyway, one week we were sitting around putting the world to rights and I realised I had quite a lot of work to do, and mentioned it to Jim. "Hmm, ok" he said.

"Haven't you got any work to do..?" I asked.

"Yes," he replied, "Plenty. I'm just not doing it."  :lol:

What could I say to that..?!  :lol: ::)

I may start questioning if slapping him would really be against humanity... :-)

No more selfballasted c***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 10:17:57 AM » Author: Rommie
I may start questioning if slapping him would really be against humanity... :-)
I came close  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 07:59:59 PM » Author: CEB1993
Another "special" coworker was a guy named "Cody." Cody was a nice and helpful person and always stayed on task and remained professional in the workplace. He helped out as assistant manager sometimes and did his best to help me and help out the rest of our workplace in general with any problems, questions, etc. that came up.

With that said, Cody had a wild side  ;D Despite his mostly quiet and friendly demeanor at work, he had a social media addiction. He would put completely gross and shocking posts online and even followed some of his coworkers who turned a blind eye to his crazy posts  ::) I got quite a few laughs from his posts...

One time I heard him talking about a glittery shag rug and how he wished his hair would look like it. What the heck?! There were rumors that he worked at a certain "place of ill repute" before his job with me. One time he was smoking inside the building!  :o Cody was rapid fire comedy  ;D

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 12:53:23 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This comes from a time when I was volunteering for a charity:

One day, the volunteer co-ordinator was working away at the computer (a Mac) and was getting increasingly frustrated by things not going right, as he was used to using Windoze...
He vented his anger by yelling, "I hate Macs.!"  >:(
Whereupon one of the volunteers called Max, shot bolt upright and demanded to know what they had done wrong.  :laugh:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 01:02:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
This comes from a time when I was volunteering for a charity:

One day, the volunteer co-ordinator was working away at the computer (a Mac) and was getting increasingly frustrated by things not going right, as he was used to using Windoze...
He vented his anger by yelling, "I hate Macs.!"  >:(
Whereupon one of the volunteers called Max, shot bolt upright and demanded to know what they had done wrong.  :laugh:

That's really funny! PC vs. Mac problems at work are always a big source of frustrating problems  :poof:

Things got so bad at my former workplace with people leaving behind messes, letting food rot in the fridge, being nasty in the restrooms, etc. that I created an official "incident book" to note the exact date and time something offensive happened. One of my biggest pet peeves is dirtiness and messiness, especially in a workplace where I spend a substantial amount of time.

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 01:05:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That's really funny! PC vs. Mac problems at work are always a big source of frustrating problems  :poof:

Things got so bad at my former workplace with people leaving behind messes, letting food rot in the fridge, being nasty in the restrooms, etc. that I created an official "incident book" to note the exact date and time something offensive happened. One of my biggest pet peeves is dirtiness and messiness, especially in a workplace where I spend a substantial amount of time.

You had better not come round here then...  :poof:
We have loads of clutter.!!  :D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 08:05:08 PM » Author: HPS_250
Well, I’m not old enough to have a job yet, but when I get my first one I might be able to post a story here. ;D

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 12:47:55 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another story from when I was working for the charity:

One of a volunteers on a staff night out was dancing with a girl, and it was getting towards the end of the night...
She asked him if he could walk her to her car. Certainly he replied, where is it parked.?
Outside my house.!! was the answer.!!  :lol: >:D

Best chat up line ever.!! :laugh:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 11:07:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
We had quite a bit of pettiness and drama among some staff members at a former workplace.

One lady, let’s call her “Marge” had serious anger management problems and had no filter when speaking. She said all sorts of rude and obscene things in front of customers and in front of me!

Her finest moment was when she went looking for a file box in the storage room and lost her temper when she couldn’t find the right size box. She presumably threw a box up in the air and shattered the diffuser of the F40T12 fixture on the ceiling. It broke the diffuser and made both of the Philips Altos go EOL. I’m surprised she wasn’t fired for workplace violence/vandalism after that. She did get fired for obvious reasons a few months later... Marge was quite unforgettable to say the least  :lol:

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 12:08:48 PM » Author: suzukir122
Short story: I was training a temporary employee that they hired in to work at my job.
I gave this employee the easiest methods I've learned over the years to help him keep up with the machine.
The employee struggled. The employee asked to go use the bathroom. The employee never returned. :mrg:
Stories from several other coworkers all claimed that he walked out the door FAST.
The funny part about it is that my boss "called it." Earlier, he pointed to that new employee and said, "That one ain't gonna make it."
Despite me being optimistic about it, he was right. 
Even with my Jedi Mind Tricks that I typically use to try to keep the employee here, ("Covid 19. You must keep this job. You must keep this job")
nothing worked. He still walked out. I didn't even know his name. Now he will be out of a job for possibly a long time.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 06:19:59 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This is going back to the last job I had:
I was asked to go through all of the paperwork in the archives and put to one side the stuff we no longer needed to keep.  :wndr:
It took me days to go through it all, and when I had finished I went to our buyer and said to him that we had a ton of paper to get rid of...
When it came to the actual shredding of the paper it took most of the day to put it through the shredder, and after I got the invoice from the operator, there were 1.1 tons of paper.!  :poof: :lol:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:49:04 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Funny Coworker Stories « Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 09:31:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
On Friday I had another new employee again to teach. Out of all people, yet again, ME. I'M the one who had
to teach the new employee. This time it was a Woman employee, who was around my age or maybe younger.
8pm break time. The new employee and I were forced to take our breaks together. I let her know the time we were suppose
to head back to our machine. I did this so that I could take my break on my own and get some alone ti--
FASTFORWARD>>
10pm break time was over and I had just woken up from a small power nap outside. (Phone alarm to wake me up)
Before I could get to the employee entrance door, the new employee opens the door and walks outside. "I need to get something
out of my car right quick" she said, word for word. My response: "Aw alright cool." I then walked up to the employee
entrance slowly, while holding my key-fob close to the door sensor. I opened the door and looked back at her. She kind of
stood there for a second next to her car. I thought that was weird, but walked inside/closed the entrance door anyways.
That's when it dawned on me, and I remember smiling as I said to myself: "she gone."
I sat there for a sec. I then opened the door and walked back outside. Her car was gone. :mrg:
That is now the second new employee to walk out on me. In the same week. During Covid 19. Gotta be kidding me.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies