Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91363 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #300 on: April 08, 2022, 03:24:40 PM » Author: Michael
I usually do not dream about lamps and lighting but recently I dreamt that I was perplex when found a road in our city with old fluorescent street lights which I missed out to re-lamp them. Almost all of the lanterns were dead already or on their last legs. I was ashamed that I forgot to maintain the lighting on a whole road.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #301 on: April 11, 2022, 08:43:03 PM » Author: 108CAM
I had a dream where the AJ Ferguson Zodiac was a wall mounted floodlight fixture instead of a streetlight batten

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

micole66

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #302 on: April 16, 2022, 05:18:05 AM » Author: micole66
I dreamed about a very long road with all mercury vapor streetlights at night!!
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #303 on: June 21, 2022, 07:52:05 PM » Author: 108CAM
I had yet another dream about lights. This one was about street lights.

I dreamed that I was traveling along a road with railroad tracks in the middle and the variety of different lights was unbelievable. There was countless SOX fixtures and a bunch of interior lights such as MV high bays and various incandescent pendants all being used as street lights.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #304 on: August 18, 2022, 01:23:08 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Some time ago, I dreamt that someone hit one of the ITT 247s in our neighborhood, and it was 310W PROBE START METAL HALIDE!

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #305 on: December 11, 2022, 02:42:09 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
A few days ago, I dreamt that I was walking down some city streets late at night. Most of the lights were your standard fare (LED, HPS, etc.), but they were all on a series system. When I rounded a corner, I saw a GE Form 406S, fully lit up lighting the street below with Cool White Powergroove tubes. It was also connected to the same series system. When I was just about to take a photo of it, I woke up. Definitely one of the more vivid dreams I’ve had. I thought it was really happening until I woke up.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #306 on: December 17, 2022, 05:09:47 PM » Author: Michael
I very rarely dream about lighting but I did last night and it was that I drove along a road in our city which was still lit by our fluorescent street lights and most of them were looking neglected with having failed lamps with only glowing cathodes because me as the responsible engineer for maintenance postponed the group lamp replacement repeatedly.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 05:12:52 PM by Michael » Logged
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #307 on: June 28, 2023, 10:21:39 AM » Author: rjluna2
Last night, I dreamt that I saw and picked up sphere shaped bulb out of the basket on the shelf and the etch saying 'Mercury Vapor/Vacuum' bulb but nothing inside the envelope.  After I picked up the bulb and it became a test tube shaped envelope with two long wires in it with a ball of metal object near at the top.  As I tipped the tube I have struck some kind of Mercury Vapor discharge into feeble glow, then it fades away.  I tipped the tube even more, the discharge glow some more and then fades away.  I tipped the tube some more, the wide area at the lower part of the tube filled up completely with the discharge as you see low pressure Mercury Vapor glows.  Then it fades away.  All of these activities was connected to nothing, probably thinking it was static electricity conducting the discharge ???

That was it.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

RRK

View Posts
View Gallery
Roman

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #308 on: June 30, 2023, 01:17:36 PM » Author: RRK
Well, pulling one of my tubular 400W MH lamps out of its paper box in the dark gives a very noticeable discharge in the burner! Not in a dream. What is funny, the lamp has a broken feedwire inside, and this is pretty the only way to get it lighted :)

I confess having dreams about just getting some really rare and much wanted lamp, which slipped out of my hand right just before a wake up. Time for therapy, I know, LOL.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 01:21:50 PM by RRK » Logged
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #309 on: August 07, 2023, 02:52:57 PM » Author: HIDLad001
A couple of nights ago I drempt that I went to a Bieber Illumination Group distributor, complete with their Sagittarius post-tops outside, but unfortunately they were closed.

Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #310 on: September 08, 2023, 01:22:35 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Last night I dreamt that I could a large lot of rare lamps.
There were several medium pressure mercury lamps and even a GE 100w A23 /X lamp!!!

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #311 on: September 26, 2023, 05:23:24 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
I had good ones and a bad ones.
Good first - walking into an old shed and finding red, yellow and blb tubes.
Bad - 1)hearing crunching sounds and glass breaking as I realise somebody is breaking my collection.
      2)turning on one of my nos rare tubes and the end rapidly blackening and inflating...

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

My idol is Mylene Farmer, deal with it.

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #312 on: September 29, 2023, 04:07:24 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
I once had a nightmare about lamps. I had a very stressful day back then, I think it was one of my hardest 12th grade final exams, and during that night I dreamt that I was fastened to a chair and couldn't move and all my classmates started to break my tube collection one by one and laughed at me as I c=begged them to stop. I vividly remember waking up sweating and crying real tears in real life LOL  :'-) That was a scary nightmare. And I am not sure where they got it from, but in that dream they somehow pulled out T17 power twist tubes and T17 powergoroove tubes, even though I never had them in my collection, and I cried hysterically in that dream as they broke those ones as well  :poof:

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #313 on: October 01, 2023, 12:19:37 AM » Author: Richmond2000
had one from around 2005-6
I lived in Vancouver Canada at the time and the city was all HPS with MH in entertainment areas
me and my friend got into a Holden Monaro convertible (a car that never existed and dates the dream as the GTO was yet to come to America)
we left the city for a road trip east and it was MID day and we were in the prairies and the sky got dark and stormy (wipers on high)
and as quick as the storm started it ended - zero clouds perfect convertible weather but we were SOAKED as we never put the top up / car had no top
we turn off into the first town to dry off ETC and figure where we are as after the storm we were on a 2 lane road
the town is a perfect 1950's town just installing OV-25 street lights and removing the old ones (unknown did not see one)
ask the guy doing the install and he replies "they are the NEW Mercury lights and NYC is using them everywhere now
we drive around and check out a 1950's American town and realize we had time traveled to the 1950s but "modern" money worked and we did NOT "stick out"
dream ended with us enjoying the town before we left / figured out how to go "home"

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #314 on: October 01, 2023, 12:28:03 AM » Author: Richmond2000
had one sorta related to lighting more of a nightmare
for context there was a TV show from Australia playing on local tele called the block it is one of them reality / reno shows where four normal couples move into a run down block of 4 apartment and reno a room a week
I was a contestant and had just finished the bathroom - the first room week and had "won" that week and it is 3 AM and I need to use it so get up and walk to the bathroom to use it
sit down and reach to turn on the lights the moment I flick the light switch the whole room explodes including the toilet I was sitting on / I wake up in cold sweat heart racing ETC
the lighting was flush mount spot lights in the ceiling and indirect down wall lighting on the wall over the sink from a slot in the wall / ceiling
I had a LOT of time "checking out" and showing the bathroom to the camera crew / judges
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies