Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91379 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 10:41:30 AM » Author: FGS
Okay, two dreams from me. One is ancient and other is recent:

(Nightmare) Ancient one: This one happened when I was 8 years old. Well before I learn anything about lighting. It was a indoor playground lit up by white light High-bays (Likely MVs). (Playground? Yes it goes that far as 12 years ago!) We were having fun, but when the lights started shifting to orange (Well y'all know what lamps they were ) everybody started panicking and trying to get out of the building into the white sunlight. Back then I had no idea what was happening except it was sure scary for an 8 year old kid.

(Nice Dream) Recent one: It was during a walk to a bus to go somewhere. While walking up street to the bus station I saw a couple cobraheads that looked really different. The refractor is conical in shape and about 18" in diameter. It had a purple NEMA tag with a 30 on it. (Got a pic of it.) When the sun started setting they started coming on and already at full intensity. The lamp shape was like a circline but it was induction. (they do exist, the circline inductions.) The refractor pattern looked like from a GE power-pack. I geared for another pic before it get too dark for a good pic of a streetlight lit up and still show the streetlight detail and got my pic. After I packed my camera away I saw a burst of a camera flash. I looked and saw someone pointing toward the streetlight with her camera. Surely I knew she had an interest in lighting. I went over to talk with her and show my catch of the day and my pictures. (Catch of the day: A /N lifeguard BT-25 clear ender, a /Y lifeguard BT-37, a /X banner BT-28, a /BLB lifeguard BT-56, a box of 4's of various brands, colors and vintage including a pair of Westy F40T12/BLB black enders, a half coated /DX lifeguard BT-56, a GE R-80 1kw MV flood, and a nice Hollywood Special. (All NOS!) Another box showed all sort of ballasts including 3 of the 700w MV for the hollywood special. I wrote her the link for this place. (Never forget to do this!)

I went on the bus and sat on seats facing each other with a table between them. Me and my brother got on one side of the table and started to dump pictures on my laptop when suddenly there was the M-300 induction on my lap. Same one as the one before. I looked up and saw that the same person has taken the other seat facing me and she had another M-300 on her arms. I asked how she managed to snag one of these and she said they're from her dad's company and he own the utility company. She also said if I wanted a old light just head to the yard and mention her name and you will be let inside without anyone bugging you. This is when the dream ended and another one started.

This time I was heading home and saw that the linemen are replacing all the HPS acorns with Induction acorns. I asked for the light that was in front of my house. He gave me it and the new light. ??????. Then I remembered we took a pic of us together her holding two of the M-300 and me holding the hollywood special steady. I went inside with yet another day's catch. When I fired up the TV I saw an announcement from the state governor saying the state will not follow Bush's MV ballast ban and start using MVs alongside the induction lights and ban the CFLs except preheat. Also it showed that the preheat will comeback due to easy maintenance. Went to bed. Woke up in a great mood.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:44:05 AM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 05:34:00 AM » Author: joseph_125
I had some dreams of me finding stuff that I had wanted for a long time in hardware stores.

I once dreamt that I was browsing the lamps at a small old Rona store that was lit by what I think were 2 lamp F96T12 fixture in rows. Anyways I was at the fluorescent section of the store when I saw a really old fluorescent lamp sitting at the bottom of the shelf, it turns out that I had found a 1940's GE Mazda green F14T12 with tarnished brass endcaps I had picked up the lamp and wanted to buy when I woke up.

Another one: I think I was browsing around the lighting section of what I think was a Home Hardware store. On the bottom shelf sat a bunch of mini T5 striplights about a 5 each of them there was a F4T5 one all the way up to a F8T5 light. They already had lamp installed for some reason. The dream had ended and another one started.
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 02:22:06 PM » Author: Foxtronix
My dream of last night was really cool, I was hanging around my local Eco-Centre and I found a bunch of incandescent, PL fluorescent, LED exit signs! There was even an induction exit sign!! I took it in my hand, and I woke up...  >:( LOL

BTW I'm suprised to see that the topic is so popular! Keep on telling your dreams guys!!  ;D

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:46 PM » Author: KEDER
I had a dream last night. it was funny. It involved lighting lol.

Well, i was going to this electric thing, and yeah. asked if they had cobraheads. SOmhow i got an OVX? lol and somehow in my dream we stole my m400 r2? so i was there like being careful, hopign police wouldent catch  me... lol and then they caught me and started chasing.. weird. lol

but then it moved on. and then the chase thing and lighting went away. lol but that was ike a segment. LOL.
Pippi

View Posts
View Gallery

Pippi Longstocking - The world`s strongest girl

GoL UCpsE6sKyPz8uzLGMaVM92RA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:45 PM » Author: Pippi
A Couple of days ago had a dream about a small room that had a recessed fluorescent troffer light in ceiling, i opened it because it looked like one of the tubes where not working, but they all worked (the outer tubes had reflectors to direct the light, one of them was turned away to the side, so one side of the fixture looked dark)

it had 4 F40T12 Tubes (two standard, one Power-Twist, and one PowerGroove.

And i didn't see any ballasts inside the fixture, so they where proably on the top of the fixture.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:38:06 PM by Pippi » Logged

:bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd: :bluecflhd: :yellowcflhd:

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 12:42:11 AM » Author: lite_lover
I had a dream that I went to the Rona Home Centre,(I was there a few days ago and got a couple lamps on clearance,joseph got a couple used wall lights from the lighting display from his local store)anyways,I saw a used Sylvania and a GE cobrahead on a shelf in a storage room that was in the lighting/electrical section,I asked the guy in the lighting department what they were going to do with them.The guy said that they were from outside the store,when they renovated they stuck them there.He said I could have them as they were sitting there for years taking up space.

The brighter the better.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 12:24:52 PM » Author: Foxtronix
My last dream was really cool! I was in a hardware store and I found some really short T17 fluorescents (18" or so), I don't remember their prices. There were also some F90s. I've maybe picked up 10 tubes!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 07:59:30 AM » Author: rjluna2
A couple times years ago, I dreamt there was F1T12 (One inch length) fluorescent lamp.  It was really short!

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 07:50:19 AM » Author: Foxtronix
My dream of last night was weird. I was on the computer and the phone rang, it was Devonte! (Form109), so I answered. We chatted a bit, and I remember that he said "We could do something this afternoon". From what I remember we didn't chat about lighting at all!

So Devonte, you were in my dreams for a night!  ;D

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 11:20:46 AM » Author: lightman64
Had a dream that I went to a museum of lighting and there was every kind of CFL ever made. I tried to buy one but the people who worked there wouldn't sell it too me.  :(

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 01:52:27 AM » Author: joseph_125
Here's one more dream that I was able to recall from memory:

I was browsing around at a surplus type store that sold all kind of weird items. Anyways, I found a bunch of fluorescent lampholders and starter sockets and was ready to pay until something caught my eye. It was a display of outdoor lighting that looked like the ones in Home Depot/Lowe's but with a lot more MV fixtures, I looked closer and I saw at the back of the shelf a bunch of NOS MV lamps they turned out to be a bunch of Westinghouse Lifeguard 175W/DXs and Westinghouse Lifeguard 1000W/DX lamps. I was just about to buy the bunch of lamps when the dream ended.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 10:26:56 AM » Author: FGS
Got another one: This time I came across a lighting store selling all kind of lamps. Huge store having a room for each class of lamps. One fluorescent with many many powergrooves including the 4's ones. A bunch of SHOs with cyan endcaps instead of the orange one. (Orange are available as well. Another is BLBs lamps. There were MV 1000w recessed lamps in BLB glass for outer bulb. After a while the dream get confusing and non-lighting.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 05:47:56 PM » Author: rjluna2
Last night I dreamt that I picked up Mercury Vapor lamp that is small as the C7 christmas light bulb with Candelabra Edison Screw.  The bulb was clear and the diameter of the arc tube is as small as the exhaust tube.  The arc inside the bulb is long as it could fit in the envelope itself.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 09:56:44 PM » Author: joseph_125
A few months ago I dreamt that I was in a electrical supply store and was buying a pack of clear 160W SBMV lamps. After I paid for them I remember asking the clerk there for a lighting catalogue.

I also had a dream like Vince where I found some 18-24" T17 lamps but the ones in mine were placed up really high on the shelf. I also picked up a 100W ballast at the same store.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #44 on: April 13, 2010, 10:46:30 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
There's 2 types of "light dreams" I'm most tend to have:
The 'good' ones...
(where stuff works mostly as it should) these generally involve xmas lights... things like

doing decorating
or
seeing/having-up lights at random times of the year
or
finding a really good sale

The 'bad' ones...
where something is not working as it should - (for these its not stuff like "the lightswitch doesn't
work...those hardly count as bad dreams) Its more like there is something seriously wrong with a light
that may involve smoke/sparks/weird electrical problems...in nearly all cases the lights in these are
fluorescent.  (why whatever it is that generates dreams has something against fluorescents I don't know)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream(s) from a number of years ago:
In real life there's this shoplight I put on my bedroom ceiling (just a 2-lamp F40T12 one).

For a number of years I had a series of recurring dreams where the thing would start buzzing then
getting louder & brighter & smoking...i 'knew' it was going to explode (I always woke up "scared" (in
that weird way dreams do) up before it did)

It got to the point where I was almost ready to take that thing down (the only reason I didn't is
because its my backup for power outages) Anyway that lead to me spending time reading some of the dream
newsgroups & learning about stuff like dream control & lucid dreams (cool, cool, stuff, but takes some
time/effort...well worth it)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies