Author Topic: What country will you visit after pandemic ?  (Read 5162 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 08:17:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Erm.. Don't think they qualify as a different country for you  :mrg:
They might... :mrg:
At this rate anywhere but home is another country for me. Though I'm planning on going to Saint Andrew's, NB.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Desultory13
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 08:21:37 PM » Author: Desultory13
Going to Florida as I was supposed to in 2020. I also want to go to Cali.
You're certainly welcome to come check out my hometown of Sunrise, just west of Fort Lauderdale!
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 08:31:16 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
You're certainly welcome to come check out my hometown of Sunrise, just west of Fort Lauderdale!
Good to know! I usually stay in the Orlando area.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 12:30:58 AM » Author: Bulbman256
You'll have to switch off the humidity generators, or I'll sweat to death  :-\

Those generatiors would be mighty useful right now as its going to have a high below zero this weekend as we get a nasty cold snap! Def breaking out the heat lamps and staying indorrs watching speedweeks.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 06:44:47 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
They might... :mrg:
At this rate anywhere but home is another country for me. Though I'm planning on going to Saint Andrew's, NB.

We live 80 miles away from the real Saint Andrews  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #20 on: February 14, 2021, 06:57:01 AM » Author: Jovan
Probably start off with places in Canada like Vancouver. I'm been wanting to visit that city for years. Then probably revisit some places that I've been to in the past, like the Los Angeles and San Diego area, Japan and Hong Kong are also good places to visit. Probably lots more places in the US and Canada that I've never been to too to be honest.

Finally I would also like to go internationally to places like Europe and Australia both of which I've never been to.
If you ever want to visit Europe,you should visit Serbia :),you would be amazed by the nature and history and people are nice and polite.I would also like to visit Aistralia,to see how it looks and to have nice memory and experience.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #21 on: February 14, 2021, 06:59:23 AM » Author: Rommie
We live 80 miles away from the real Saint Andrews  :mrg:
Not that there's any hope of either of us beating Tiger Woods  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #22 on: February 14, 2021, 07:06:31 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Not that there's any hope of either of us beating Tiger Woods  :mrg:
Well not in real life, but I did beat him while playing PGA golf on my PS3 aka 'The blatting machine'  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #23 on: February 14, 2021, 07:11:55 AM » Author: suzukir122
I absolutely wish to visit the UK after the pandemic is over. Seriously. Someday. But if that ever happens,
I'd be with friends, and someone else would be driving us around. Not me.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 07:20:31 AM » Author: Rommie
I absolutely wish to visit the UK after the pandemic is over. Seriously. Someday. But if that ever happens,
I'd be with friends, and someone else would be driving us around. Not me.

If you get this far north, you'll be welcome here  8)

Oh, bring lots of lamps  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #25 on: February 17, 2021, 08:47:59 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I'll have to make my way over to the UK at some point an meet up with some family I have over there. Pandemic or not the flight is the deal-breaker for me. The same thing with going to Japan, I have been once an I love it; just not the 9-hour flight.

If you plan on going to Australia, try not just go to Sydney. I have been there several times and it was crap. Is only a few tourist destinations and the rest of it is meh. And don't get me started on the traffic there ::). If you can, try to visit Melbourne and Brisbane, they are very nice places to be in.

Keep discharge lighting alive

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 08:32:38 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm gonna be honest... other than the flight to get to the UK... (my stomach AIN'T playing with flights. I dry heaved 8 times during my 2 hour flight
to LA, back in 2014. Luckily I didn't eat before. That was my first time ever flying) ...the traffic in the UK is the main thing that gets me scratching
my head. Big time. That would be one of my biggest worries if I ever went there. It *looks* worse than LA traffic, and that's saying a lot.
Another area I'd like to visit, small visit, is my Moms country. Barbados. I want to explore it for a short time, to see what it's all about. Been
there only one time when I was 3 years old, and I don't remember anything from that trip of course.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 08:50:57 AM » Author: LightsDelight
I'm gonna be honest... other than the flight to get to the UK... (my stomach AIN'T playing with flights. I dry heaved 8 times during my 2 hour flight
to LA, back in 2014. Luckily I didn't eat before. That was my first time ever flying) ...the traffic in the UK is the main thing that gets me scratching
my head. Big time. That would be one of my biggest worries if I ever went there. It *looks* worse than LA traffic, and that's saying a lot.
Another area I'd like to visit, small visit, is my Moms country. Barbados. I want to explore it for a short time, to see what it's all about. Been
there only one time when I was 3 years old, and I don't remember anything from that trip of course.
For myself, the traffic is no worry as we adopted the UK's driving standards so it is exactly the same maybe with a few different rules. What put me off going to Asia was when I flew home from Thailand. It was about 4am and had Burger King for brekky as that was the only place open in the airport and with the multi-hour delay I was sick on the whole 9 hour flight from Phuket airport to Melbourne. That put me off going to Thailand despite all of the mad stuff they sell on the street like explosives and pirated DS flash cartridges all of which 12 yo me loved. Also put me off burger king so only Hungry Jacks for me :lol: A different problem I have when going to Asia and really most other countries is language. When I was over in Japan we went downstairs of our hotel in Yokohama to the Maccas there and me and my Dad spoke 0 Japanese so from our language barrier I got my standard Maccas feed and Dad got stuck with iced coffee instead of coke. I was outside looking over the view and I can't tell you how long I was laughing my arse off when I heard him spit all out and say its coffee :lol:

Keep discharge lighting alive

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 06:57:25 PM » Author: CEB1993
I'd like to visit Italy as soon as the pandemic subsides. I've heard so many good things from the warm and sunny weather, the delicious food and wine, and the fascinating history. I'd love to spend two weeks touring the country and having the first relaxing and luxurious vacation in a long time. It's been a cold, rainy, and depressing winter for me, so I'm developing some serious wanderlust. I definitely want to visit Rome, Venice, Treviso, and Florence. The other decision would be taking trains from city to city, or renting a cool car like a Ferrari  8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:00:23 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What country will you visit after pandemic ? « Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 07:07:17 PM » Author: Rommie
If you plan on going to Australia, try not just go to Sydney. I have been there several times and it was crap. Is only a few tourist destinations and the rest of it is meh. And don't get me started on the traffic there ::). If you can, try to visit Melbourne and Brisbane, they are very nice places to be in.
I have a cousin just outside Brisbane, but doubt we'll get a chance to get there any time soon  :-\

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies