Author Topic: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ??  (Read 6514 times)
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #30 on: April 21, 2021, 12:28:20 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Well Joe , I think that would apply to a lot of us here !!!  :lol: :mv: :mvc:

Yep, what I said certainly would apply to a lot of the membership, for sure!
My wishes would be to have a couple of my favorite MV lamps laid to rest with me. However proper disposal of them and myself at EOL would add to the environmental problem.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 12:48:27 PM » Author: Rommie
Yep, what I said certainly would apply to a lot of the membership, for sure!
My wishes would be to have a couple of my favorite MV lamps laid to rest with me. However proper disposal of them and myself at EOL would add to the environmental problem.

Hey, I plan on being cremated, don't like the idea of lying in a box rotting away :o  Burning a body doesn't do the environment any favours either, but it's how both my parents went and it suits me. Well technically, I don't really feel like going EOL for ages yet, I plan on reaching at least 100  :bulbman:  :DeAtH:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #32 on: April 21, 2021, 01:30:10 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Hey, I plan on being cremated, don't like the idea of lying in a box rotting away :o  Burning a body doesn't do the environment any favours either, but it's how both my parents went and it suits me. Well technically, I don't really feel like going EOL for ages yet, I plan on reaching at least 100  :bulbman:  :DeAtH:

I hope to make the century-mark as well. When I have asked others in their 90s and beyond what their secret to longevity has been, they have usually replied: not to worry about things and try to cope with everyday stuff as best as you can. Staying physically and mentally active every single day along with following doctors orders helps alot too!  :)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #33 on: April 21, 2021, 01:55:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Ah, that could be a problem. I always did have trouble with following orders  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Olav
Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #34 on: April 21, 2021, 05:42:23 PM » Author: Olav
Hello Tim,

the subject is important. A good subject.
My idea is later to find someone, who is really interested in the hobby.
This is important. He is not supposed to sell the collection, but to keep it looking after it.

I have no idea for the exact details.
You can say for example: ok, you can get my collection for xxx Dollars / EURO or you can give the collection away.
These are possible variants.

It would be important to me personally, that the collection goes to a younger collector.
The hope is that the collection will survive as long as possible.
Perhaps you can write that down in your personal will.
But you also have to find the young and reliable collector. It is a difficult search.

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #35 on: April 21, 2021, 09:54:46 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Excellent idea Olav !!

@ Joe Maurath, Jr  & sox35 : Living to the "century mark" would be great ! Then again , immortality would be nice too! (imagine the collection you could amass that way !! :lol:)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #36 on: April 21, 2021, 10:04:06 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Excellent idea Olav !!

@ Joe Maurath, Jr  & sox35 : Living to the "century mark" would be great ! Then again , immortality would be nice too! (imagine the collection you could amass that way !! :lol:)

Well, I am going to give it my best shot! My doctor says I am in very good health, so I stand a fairly good chance of hitting 100 if nothing else or unexpected gets in the way. So, this will give me plenty of years to further haunt LG as many of you I'm sure are looking forward to  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #37 on: April 21, 2021, 10:05:49 PM » Author: Lumex120
Excellent idea Olav !!
immortality would be nice too! (imagine the collection you could amass that way !! :lol:)
It would, but the problem would be you'd never be able to have a lifetime supply of lamps.

Unofficial LG Discord

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #38 on: April 21, 2021, 10:08:19 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
It would, but the problem would be you'd never be able to have a lifetime supply of lamps.

I do. :)

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #39 on: April 21, 2021, 10:15:39 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I do. :)

So you posses an infinite number of lamps, if then i might want some, wouldn't even make the smallest of dents on your collection if that was the case. :mrg: :lol: Besides i think that might break some law of the universe, but then again westinghouse lifeguards do last forever...... ;)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #40 on: April 21, 2021, 10:38:15 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
So you posses an infinite number of lamps, if then i might want some, wouldn't even make the smallest of dents on your collection if that was the case. :mrg: :lol: Besides i think that might break some law of the universe, but then again westinghouse lifeguards do last forever...... ;)

Nah, I was just kidding!  :laugh: Theres plenty more lamps out there that I would really love to have. :mv: :mvc: Seeking is part of the thrill of the hunt! With rare lamps, you never know what will turn up right around the next corner! They are out there...somewhere...waiting!  :)

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #41 on: April 21, 2021, 11:00:04 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Nah, I was just kidding!  :laugh: Theres plenty more lamps out there that I would really love to have. :mv: :mvc: Seeking is part of the thrill of the hunt! With rare lamps, you never know what will turn up right around the next corner! They are out there...somewhere...waiting!  :)

I know, but i will always throw in a bit of extra humor! :mrg: That is part of it, the one time i found ken-rad mv flood lamps and didn't even know what they where for free will probably be my top find but once in a while i will find an old fluro light or the like and nab the parts and lamps off of it. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #42 on: April 22, 2021, 12:53:16 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Living to the "Living to the "century mark" would be great !" would be great !

My feeling about living to the 'century mark' are a bit different than that .LOL. ..
Instead its a big EEEEEEKKK. I sure as heck hope I don't have to suffer that many more years of life :o :skull:

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #43 on: April 22, 2021, 08:25:31 AM » Author: Rommie
Excellent idea Olav !!

@ Joe Maurath, Jr  & sox35 : Living to the "century mark" would be great ! Then again , immortality would be nice too! (imagine the collection you could amass that way !!
:lol:)
No, I don't think immortality would be very good. It seems great until you realise what it actually entails. Losing friends and loved ones is just the start. Think about it. A longer life, certainly, but not forever.

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What becomes of your collection when YOU reach EOL ?? « Reply #44 on: June 12, 2021, 07:20:08 AM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I know it's something we don't want to think about , but someday the time WILL come for each of us . Along with lighting , I also collect old cars . I've known several people in the old car hobby who's family wanted nothing to do with their collection after they passed and literally scrapped EVERYTHING that either wasn't finished or was deemed "not of any value to anyone" ! :poof:

I've only recently started to mildly consider what I'd like to see become of my many collections. Being that I'm 53 , I may want to consider thinking a bit harder.

Any thoughts or comments ??

I’m so glad this Topic has Ben brought up !

Although this is something most of us don’t want to think about Unfortunately the day will come - When the Heart stops beating- It’s over !
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies