Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 52418 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #180 on: March 14, 2022, 09:06:22 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ah good old bodging, that will last for the next 225,000 miles...  :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #181 on: March 16, 2022, 12:21:52 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Assuming the transmission doesn't turn to confetti first !!  :poof:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #182 on: March 16, 2022, 12:02:21 PM » Author: Bulbman256
They have these things called "junkyards" and I think they sell used replacement transmissions there. :wndr: :lol: :mrg: Now how did the crank destroy the pully is beyond me, maybe the continued force of all the loads driven off the engine might have slowly worn it out until it went bang. :wndr:

I still love the fact that you swapped all the badges to ford ones, sounds like something I would do. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #183 on: March 17, 2022, 11:36:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I spend a lot of times roaming around in junkyards . In 5 years , I've only seen 3 of those cars and all 3 had either the wrong transmission of a zillion miles on them .  Most of these cars rusted away over 15 years ago !!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #184 on: March 17, 2022, 11:55:18 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Must be rare things then. :-\ I mean could you get a diff transmission to work, like manual swapping it?  :wndr:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #185 on: March 18, 2022, 12:14:01 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I can easily get a reman. trans but I have no desire to spend the $2,700 they want for one . This car is just new enough that the trans is computer controlled !!  :poof: The trans has to be from either a '93 or '94 Legacy with automatic and all wheel drive . YIPPEE !!  ::)  The original still works, just the 225,000 miles is starting to show ! 1) the overdrive is sluggish when it's cold outside . 2) The all wheel drive portion is kaput so I only has FWD . 3) It makes strange noises if you run it hard .   

BTW , a photo of this little monster is now in "Off-Topic" !!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #186 on: March 18, 2022, 08:31:03 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
For that price I would want four new wheels and a body thrown in...  :mrg:

BTW, I make strange noises if I run at any speed...  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 08:33:05 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #187 on: March 18, 2022, 08:36:14 AM » Author: Rommie
You make strange noises most of the time  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #188 on: March 18, 2022, 10:19:53 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Tim you cut throw in a Fwd transmission, unless theres some weird thing preventing that. :P

If the drivetrain does ever go, you could sneak in a ford engine and cause even more confusion. ;D

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #189 on: March 19, 2022, 01:07:07 AM » Author: tolivac
Had a dead cedar tree cut downDied when utility work done near the tree.Then had a maple stump ground in the back yard close to my septic tank.All turned out OK.-and at a good price.The tree service did well that day in just the small area-neighbor had 3 trees cut and two stumps ground,neighbor across the street had a stump ground.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #190 on: April 14, 2022, 08:59:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Today's project was some repairs and spring cleaning on the Subaford . I fixed the flex connection on the exhaust that broke when I got rear-ended last week . (The car was unbelievably loud !!) I also gave it a trip thru the car wash, pressure washed the engine compartment/engine , cleaned the door jambs , windows and all of the high contact surfaces ( knobs, handles , switches) inside and even waxed all of the paint that's still wax able . Eventually , I'll even vacuum the interior ! I'd like to try to clean the cloth upholstery at some point since the light tan cloth looks like someone disassembled a diesel engine inside the car and used the seats to clean the parts !  I don't understand how someone can get an interior THAT DIRTY !!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #191 on: April 14, 2022, 11:12:26 PM » Author: Burrito
I did school work

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #192 on: April 15, 2022, 07:54:15 AM » Author: Rommie
I'd like to try to clean the cloth upholstery at some point since the light tan cloth looks like someone disassembled a diesel engine inside the car and used the seats to clean the parts !  I don't understand how someone can get an interior THAT DIRTY !!
Tim, just how long have you had that car..?  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #193 on: April 17, 2022, 02:07:06 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I've had it for about 4 years now . I just use it as a commuter car . The interior was horrible when I got it . I just don't understand why anyone would put light colored cloth in a car ! It's just asking to get dirty ! I also don't understand how whoever owned this previously managed to get it THIS dirty ! It literally looks as if someone sat in all 4 positions of the interior with clothes and shoes that were either covered in grease or coal dust !! I currently have the rear seat removed to facilitate some repairs . I'm gonna see if I can clean it somewhat before I reinstall it .

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #194 on: May 15, 2022, 09:50:03 PM » Author: thelightingman
The other day I got a fan that had electronic controls in it and when I went to turn it on the control board exploded into sparks and smoke and almost caught on fire. Luckily the motor was still good so I just hooked it up to one of the speeds directly.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies