Author Topic: Revised Upload Limit  (Read 24585 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #45 on: November 05, 2021, 07:43:45 AM » Author: dor123
I ask to return the 10 pictures limit. 5 pictures are still too limited for me.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #46 on: November 05, 2021, 10:09:18 AM » Author: rjluna2
You can always wait until the next day :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #47 on: November 05, 2021, 10:27:58 AM » Author: dor123
Sometimes I captures lots of pictures and 5 pictures per day is too limited. 10 pictures per day, how it was until recently, was very good.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #48 on: November 05, 2021, 10:34:10 AM » Author: Rommie
So go through the 'lots of pictures' and pick the best ones. Why do you feel the need to upload ALL of them..?

Quality beats quantity every time to me.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #49 on: November 05, 2021, 12:16:58 PM » Author: Alex
Hello,
it took really a long time but finally, it seems like the administration sees that there is a problem.
I think that the upload  restrictions are very good. I would even prefer the limit of three pictures over the one of five pictures a day. I can see that over the past days quality noticeably increased .
I do not see a problem with that. Most of the people who upload very high quality upload 1-2 pictures in a rather long time, often a Week or more in between the upload, and really take pride in their post with an in-depth explanation, and the goal to provide as much information as they can.

Of course now there is another group crying. Before the people who took pride in their post were discouraged and complaining. Now, the people who take several pictures with a minuscule blurry streetlight, ore some other random thing that might or might not emit light,  thrue the insect smutterd, glaring windschield… I’ve seen this in this discussion too. For those, especially the ones  who are crying the loudest, i know it has been said already several times, take the best pictures.
Ask yourself questions, is it really necessary that i shares it, is it really necessary that I take up space on a server i a  given free access? Is it really worth using that memory space for a picture that shows something wich was shown dozens of times, for a pictures that might be viewed less then a dozen times,  never commented on?Do I really need to put something up what is known by most and maybe even seen as annoying, simply by its quality and how often it is seen here. Do I really take pride in the description and make it as in-depth  as possible?

If anybody is really asking himself these questions then you can not upload 10 pictures a day, as you do not have enough pictures that suit these criteria and even if he had, there would not be enough time to make a quality description for all ten of them.
I still see those pictures sadly, however their amount has thankfully decreased.
I much more prefer it that way. I hope that the new, quality oriented way of LG continues. Maybe that will encourage more people, maybe also those who moved away from here to their own groups, to engage again on this website giving us all quality content.

maybe alas though, for those who need to upload ten ore better even more pictures a day, if you really think it is worth it, you can still make your own websites or blog to share them… That might actually be a better place for that.

best regards
alex
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 12:21:11 PM by Alex » Logged

Glück auf ⚒️

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #50 on: November 05, 2021, 12:27:31 PM » Author: dor123
I preferring to retain the 10 pictures limit. This very strictly limit prevent me from uploading pictures to LG at all.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #51 on: November 05, 2021, 01:16:07 PM » Author: Rommie
Actually Dor, you uploaded two rather questionable images today, both from a moving car. Despite being asked not to.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #52 on: November 05, 2021, 01:46:32 PM » Author: dor123
These pictures are high quality pictures and the lanterns are clearly shown in these pictures.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 01:53:52 PM by dor123 » Logged

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #53 on: November 06, 2021, 06:58:33 AM » Author: LAllenLighting
I, for one, would like the 10 picture upload limit to return! In my opinion, it doesn't really discourage any blurry pictures from being uploaded and when I get hauls of lampses I like to upload them in one go!  :mrg:
Hopefully no one finds my pictures of low quality, I try and be selective (out of all the lamps I get I don't upload every single one of them) and I collage photos together.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #54 on: November 06, 2021, 09:33:43 AM » Author: Rommie
Nobody has said your pictures aren't of the best quality, Lucas. But it's going to take a little time to work things out, bear with us  :love:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #55 on: November 08, 2021, 04:30:52 AM » Author: dor123
I again ask to rise the upload limit to 10. This was much better than the current upload limit, which prevents me from uploading to LG properly.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #56 on: November 08, 2021, 06:18:51 AM » Author: Rommie
I just checked Dor, and since the end of August, you have uploaded more than five images in a day on only 10 occasions.

The current limit is still under review.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #57 on: November 08, 2021, 07:43:02 AM » Author: dor123
I didn't finished to upload the pictures of lanterns from Jerusalem, and I have also pictures and a video from yesterday.

flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #58 on: November 25, 2021, 12:17:27 AM » Author: flyoffacliff
I think ratings is the best way to fix this. Hide photos that are downvoted a ton and feature photos that are upvoted. It's what all the big sites do, such as You Tube, from moderating for quality is not feasible.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #59 on: November 25, 2021, 10:14:09 AM » Author: Rommie
No. Anonymous voting is what caused tremendous problems on the site in the past. Anyone remember karma..?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies