Author Topic: Car Accident  (Read 2345 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Car Accident « on: March 23, 2023, 02:45:38 PM » Author: suzukir122
(This was all at an intersection just before the highway, while waiting for the light to turn green.)
I was involved in a car accident recently... a little over a week ago. The sun was to blame... driver behind me didn't see me... combination with the fact
that he may not have been paying enough attention... plows right into me. My car launched forward, striking the vehicle in front of me as well. I'm okay,
but my car wasn't. (Pontiac G6) It was deemed "totaled." Car insurance took it and it was shipped off to the junk yard today, after almost 10 years of me
owning it. It was time for a new car anyways, and I was in the process of saving up, and then this happened.
The money I'm getting, due to the accident, will be used for another car. Until then, my car show /custom car will be used to get to and from work, temporarily.
This accident in particular could've been much worse. Had I been on my motorcycle, this may have been a fatal accident. (I never ride if the sun is setting
or if it's dawn, because of the low sun extreme glare, due to the IDIOTS in their cars who get too comfortable and lose focus on driving.) 
Had this been a school bus (it was morning time) or a semi truck, this could've also been a fatal scenario as well. Either way though, I saw it coming. The
sun beam was just too strong.
Again, I'm alright, but I'm now short of one vehicle. This might change before Monday. My little bro will be helping me find my next car. Afterwards,
my goal is to surprise him with the custom car. That might end up being a YouTube video, actually.
But yeah, take it easy when driving during the morning or evening time... if the sun is shining directly in front, pay attention to your surroundings...
especially the cars behind you, and especially when you're at a complete stop.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Car Accident « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 02:59:22 PM » Author: rjluna2
I'm glad you are okay, suzukir122 :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Car Accident « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 03:24:29 PM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks man, @Rjluna2. I was honestly quite calm despite it being my first car accident in a very long time, but I was waiting for the driver at fault
to blame me -- I raised my voice when I reminded him that it was his fault. He agreed immediately.
Unfortunately I failed to get to the point of taking photos of his car and license plate, but then again, it may have been since I was in slight shock.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Car Accident « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 04:34:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As is often the case he could have been using his mobile (cell) phone...!   :curse: :wndr: :police:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Car Accident « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 04:45:49 PM » Author: rjluna2
Believe me, suzukir122.  I have had an accident quite a few times.  So far, I haven't had any accident since early in the 1990s (knock on the wood).

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Car Accident « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 06:16:37 PM » Author: Molly
Glad you are okay! I remember being in a car crash in 2019 due to a collision with a drunk driver.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car Accident « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 07:34:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Glad to hear your OK man !! It definitely could've been much worse !! A guy I worked with had the same thing happen except there were no cars in front of him . The impact knocked his car out into the intersection where he was him by 2 other cars ! He was a bit beat up but otherwise OK . 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Car Accident « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 07:54:30 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Welcome to the unfortunate club of car accident victims...  :-\

Yeah I'm part of it now too, since the beginning of 2020. Old lady ran the red light and T-boned me (on my side as a bonus). The impact was strong enough that the car I was driving skidded freaking SIDEWAYS for a solid 20ft and knocked down a traffic light. Side airbags deployed, so thankfully I got out of the car unharmed, not counting a few bruises. Personally I was pleasantly surprised not to have any injuries. No joke, my first thought was along the lines of "...hey I don't have anything!".

But my mom's reaction to the whole event was one of the most disturbing things I lived in my life so far. She was panicking and convinced I was seriously injured despite seeing me on my feet and A-OK. I just... I dunno... absorbed her distress. Not pleasant at all.

The weirdest fact about this is that my dad also had an accident at almost the same age as me and at the very same intersection.  :poof:

Anyway it's great to read you're OK, and really that's the most important thing.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Car Accident « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 08:31:44 PM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks @Foxtronix, @Molly, @Wide-lite 1000, @Rjluna2 and @Mandolin Girl. I hate this club, but I have no choice but to join it, since it recently happened to me. And I highly, HIGHLY agree that the guy was more than likely on his phone. I was getting ready to smack the dog food out of him if he failed to agree that he was in the wrong, but he agreed immediately. There was also no getting around it anyways, since the evidence was against him. (My car was literally smashed in between two cars, like the icing of an oreo cookie.) The other thing that kept me from getting violent... I was trying to get rid of that car. I needed it gone, for a more reliable, stable car... and well... it's gone. Forever. Now I can buy another *daily driving* car, and travel safely on the road again. The next stopping block is finding a good, reliable dealer that sells reliable used cars for cheap. Heh.

Interests:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car Accident « Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 08:47:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Good Luck ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0za3gNVusJc   :lol:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Car Accident « Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 10:05:11 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Wide-lite 1000, Yoooo... I LOST it at 2:20. "Tinted glass... custom top, custom roof..."  :'-) :'-) That video is hilarious.
That man is legitimately a walking teleprompter.
Yes of course, I will do my best to avoid situations like what was shown in that video. ;D

Interests:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car Accident « Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 10:06:51 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Did you catch "Factory air...in the tires !"  :lol:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Car Accident « Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 10:36:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yes I did :lol:

Interests:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car Accident « Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 10:53:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
That line just kills me !!  :lol:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Car Accident « Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 11:25:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Glad to hear you're ok!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies