Author Topic: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures?  (Read 11724 times)
Prismatic

View Posts
View Gallery

Manuel

slprismatic
What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « on: July 29, 2011, 06:07:26 AM » Author: Prismatic
I am using currently:

Nikon D7000 as my main camera (also for HD videos)
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 mobile phone (makes also nice HD videos for a mobile phone)

Two Nissin flashguns (Di-622 MarkII and Di-866)
A light-tent-cube together with the flashguns triggered remote

Prismatic@YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/slprismatic

seansy59

View Posts
View Gallery

I am OPEN for Lighting talk!

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 10:37:20 AM » Author: seansy59
I use my iPod Touch 4g for pictures and videos if I am out.

HP-CA350 10.0 megapixel with 3x optical zoom for H.D pictures.
http://www.opendeals.org/thumbs/hp-ca350-digital-camera-2-290-240.jpg

I also use a Panasonic HDD video camcorder model: SDR-H40P for videos. This this is AWESOME with video. And it was PRICEY! I gotta use this one more. I got it for Christmas.
http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/skuimages/large/P172-1450-main01-mpl.jpg

Rapid Start and Preheat fluorescent! No instant start!

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:46:43 AM » Author: RCM442
Panasonic lumix FH2...seems to have a little bit of trouble with macro mode, but I am working on it!

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:43 PM » Author: Medved
I used Nikon CoolPix 3100, even when it was only 3.1Mpix, it make far better pictures then new junk, mainly in darker environment, when you can not use the flash (too far, it would disturb,...). But it was battery killer - it run on 2xAA, but NiMh cells lasted no more then 20 cycles and 2100mAh Sanyo's were able to make ~200 photos per charge, it kill them most probably by too high current loads (it run on CR-V 3 too and run on it pretty well, but then the operation became quite expensive)... Unfortunatelly I broke the switch lever, so the camera is not usable anymore.

Today, for the few photos I make, I take my wife's Lumix, it is 10x zoom, bear big "10Mpix" and "Leica" logos, but pictures are way inferior (noisy, strange colors, not really sharp, uses too long exposure, so sensitive to movement), I woul not be satisfied (but it is my wife's, she got it from her brother and she is happy with it, so I don't mind as much).
But I would like to buy some for me, but I really do not know, what brand to look for. All the production uses tons of Mpix, what mean each of them is really too small. Moreover most use only CMOS sensors, what make the noise problem worse... Or they are terribly expensive, out of the range I want to invest. My ideal woul be about 3..4MPix, 3:1, with big, sensitive CCD sensor in the cost range of the 10..15Mpix, 10..15:1 zoom present models...

No more selfballasted c***

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 04:10:29 PM » Author: nogden
I use a Canon EOS D60. It is an older camera, but it was a professional-grade camera in its day. It is a 6MP DSLR. Sometimes I use the built-in flash, other times I use an old Canon Speedlite flash if flash is needed.

The D60 is nice for lighting photos because it supports full manual control and even manual white balance which is nice when photographing lit lights.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 10:55:09 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I was about to make a thread for this before I decided to search first. Reviving a 2+ year old thread shouldn't hurt, eh?

I myself am the proud owner of a Canon PowerShot SX130. Best camera I ever owned.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 02:00:23 AM » Author: dor123
I use a Canon PowerShot SX150IS compact camera for both pictures and 640x480 videos. It can also make 1280x780 HD videos, but because of the larger files and my 10MBit/s ADSL connection, I don't use this resolutions for videos.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 07:19:36 AM » Author: funkybulb
I currently use my I phone as it seem to take better pix.
 But it have noise problem with very bright lights

My other cam was 4.1 megapixel  Sony cyberShot
 As it pretty good running up hid videos and 
 It little hard to produce decent etches on the lamps.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 11:54:41 AM » Author: LightBulbFun
currently I use the 5MP shooter on my ipad mini its an alright camra but in low light levels the noise is bad but in good light levels it takes good pictures  :)

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 12:27:22 AM » Author: mrboojay
I have a big variety I use depending on where I am, what is a available, what works best and what is the least noticeable at times.

I use my Motorola Photon and 4th Gen. iPod Touch the most.  I also use a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ10, Olympus EVOLT E-500, my Olympus FE-47, my brother's 5th Gen. iPod Touch, my Mom's Olympus...something and my Dad's Samsung Galaxy S4.

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 09:45:26 AM » Author: BG101
My main camera is a Canon EOS500D, I occasionally use my phone camera but the image quality is rubbish especially at low light levels, or trying to photograph mains frequency lights due to the strobing effect.

The Canon is an excellent camera and I have several lenses for it, a couple of high capacity cards (8, 16 & 32Gb although I have no idea where the 16Gb card is) and has full manual control.

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 10:43:19 PM » Author: HPS_250
I just use my iPad Pro camera for most of my lighting photos.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 03:43:40 PM » Author: Rommie
Mostly a SONY DSC-W120 compact camera, but sometimes an old Samsung Galaxy phone that I don't use as a phone any more. It doesn't have a SIM card in it but it works fine for uploading to Dropbox, and from there to the site.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 05:29:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We do have a Fujifilm Finepix S. And we will be saving up for a proper DSLR, but our savings are committed to another purchase first.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:31:17 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What kind of camera(s) do you use for your lighting-pictures? « Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 10:14:58 PM » Author: Binarix128
I use the camera of my LG K10 2017, normally at 2560x1440 or 1290x1080 with Open Camera app.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies