Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 37556 times)
Aveoguy22
what car do you drive? « on: October 16, 2015, 10:00:05 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
I drive a 2004 Chevy Aveo.  this car was manufactured in South Korea by Daewoo and has been a solid car for the time ive had it.  at 146,000mi right now.  the car has a 1.6L engine with 103hp.  I like my 30+MPG
I know we have at least one other Aveo driver here (rjluna2).

what do you drive?
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:39:25 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Currently nothing and I only have my learner's permit and haven't yet got behind the wheel even once.  That said, I might be driving the total opposite of what you have, a 1971 "Deuce and a half" (2-1/2 ton ex-military 6X6) in less than a year.  They're multi-fuel, so you can even run WMO or WVO, so it will cut down on the like 7MPG LOL. 
Ever seen a Geo Metro? Those get like 40MPG? I also have nothing against electric/hybrid cars (Toyota "Prius", Nissan "Leaf", etc...I think they're very practical little cars, just too small for many things. 
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:42:35 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm not old enough, but I am getting my dads 06 Honda Ridgeline when I turn 16. It can go 0-60 in about 20 secs on a windy day. :P

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Aveoguy22
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:44:15 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
Currently nothing and I only have my learner's permit and haven't yet got behind the wheel even once.  That said, I might be driving the total opposite of what you have, a 1971 "Deuce and a half" (2-1/2 ton ex-military 6X6) in less than a year.  They're multi-fuel, so you can even run WMO or WVO, so it will cut down on the like 7MPG LOL. 
Ever seen a Geo Metro? Those get like 40MPG? I also have nothing against electric/hybrid cars (Toyota "Prius", Nissan "Leaf", etc...I think they're very practical little cars, just too small for many things. 
yup been looking for a metro (the old 3 cyl ones) for quite some time.  hard to find one that isn't rusted out here in Michigan.  ive put over 10,000mi on the aveo and all it has needed was the routine timing belt change.  the '95 Chevy 1500 in the background is mine also but I couldn't afford the 10mpg I was getting with it.  I should probably sell it while it still runs good.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 10:46:26 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Yeah, 10MPG is terrible.  7-ish is too, but not so bad with alternative fuel. 
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 04:20:31 AM » Author: Silverliner
Currently drive a 2003 Infinicrap M45, it has had been a money pit! I hope to get my old ride a 1975 Plymouth Valiant fixed up.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 08:51:34 AM » Author: Lumex120
I am not old enough to drive yet, but when I am I hope to get a Chevrolet Aveo.

Unofficial LG Discord

Aveoguy22
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 12:47:03 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
I am not old enough to drive yet, but when I am I hope to get a Chevrolet Aveo.

cool  8)
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 02:43:00 PM » Author: marcopete87
Ford Fiesta, Nov 2009, bought 3 weeks ago, used which is supposed to have 78.000km; 1.4 LPG/GPL 5 speed manual (it's an pity it don't have 6 speed with longer 6 gear for fuel economy in highway).
Excluding some minor issues (noise produced by buttons vibrating), i'm very enthusiast with it (i can drive for 350-400km with 19€ of LPG/GPL instead 35€ for regular gas, due Italy overtaxation of fuels) and also i can control AC with voice (useful like bluetooth).

At the moment i made 2300km in 3 weeks (last year i made something like 4000 km per month).

In past i drove Fiat Panda (2003 series, 1.2 petrol, my mother's car), Renault Scenic (2003 series, rubbish car, 1.9 diesel 6 speed gear, my father's car, now replaced by an b-max), Ford B-max (1.0 3 cylinders, turbo petrol, with 650kg trailer, awesome car), Fiat stilo (2005, 1.9 diesel, a car of one of my ex, wrecked by her brother, fortunately without injuries), Volvo V40 (1999, 1.9 diesel, same ex gf's car, demolished for get discount on Aveo, it was supposed to have 200.000km, but i think it had twice or triple on it, due issues covering everything which could fail), Chevrolet Aveo (1.2 LPG/GPL,i made something like 20.000 km in 2 months, again the same ex-gf's car), Fiat Punto (1994, 1.2 petrol my granfather's car, it had 40.000km and was demolished because it was too expensive to repair clutch and other major issues).
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 03:41:32 PM » Author: rjluna2
As what Aveoguy22 says, I currently own 2007 Chevrolet Aveo 5 door hatchback. :)

Here is what it looks like:

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 06:21:53 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I own two cars, an old Toyota Corolla I used to get to and from work and a 2005 Ford Falcon (Australia).

Neither of these are mine of course, they are just similar models on Google images.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 06:41:47 PM » Author: nicksfans
I drive a 2008 Honda CR-V. It's technically my mom's but I drive it more than anyone else does.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 08:40:08 PM » Author: sol
I drive a 2004 Toyota Corolla. It has just started costing me last year : new suspension in front, new brakes, new catalytic converter ($$$$), new starter etc. Before that, I had spent about 700 dollars total on maintenance (excluding tires and oil changes). I was considering a Volkswagen Jetta diesel for next summer, but I am waiting to see what the outcome of the scandal will be (if it is resolved by then). I am hoping to be as lucky as this time with my next car, but I'm afraid I might not...
Aveoguy22
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 11:13:21 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
sounds like I got one of the smallest cars here.  would like to buy a hatchback aveo. Ive kept an eye on craigslist for one with a failed timing belt for around $500 that I can rebuild for a winter vehicle.  its always helpful to have a second car.especially if its mechanically identical to your first car so you can use parts off it if needed in an emergency.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 05:02:42 PM » Author: rjluna2
Good luck, Aveoguy22 :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies