Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 37525 times)
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #75 on: December 22, 2017, 08:39:55 PM » Author: icefoglights
Where I live, a car is almost a necessity, but I've been places where the opposite is true.

In my job, I travel a lot, and one of the perks is that I get a rental car (exactly how much of a perk depends on the car they give me), although I currently have my own car with me.  Normally, your rental car is your freedom after hours.  However, several years ago, I was in NYC.  There, the car was "something you had to deal with" like finding a hotel with parking, or places to park the car while out and about.  They decided not to use rental cars, and instead gave us metrocards for riding the subway and buses.  For work requiring a car, there was a motor pool, with cars that we fortunately could leave at work overnight.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #76 on: December 23, 2017, 12:54:13 PM » Author: Rommie
Where I live, a car is almost a necessity, but I've been places where the opposite is true.

We certainly don't need one full time here. Besides, now neither of us work any more, we don't have the money  :(

The car club does us for when we do need one, which is nearly always for local journeys, no more than a 50-mile round trip to see Sammi's mum.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:34:06 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #77 on: December 26, 2017, 01:18:20 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
We certainly don't need one full time here. Besides, now neither of us work any more, we don't have the money  :(

The car club does us for when we do need one, which is nearly always for local journeys, no more than a 50-mile round trip to see Sammi's mum.

Where I live a car is most definitely necessary for transportation, in fact I actually own two. I've done a fair amount of work on my cars myself maintaining and repairing things as needed to save on costs, and getting the mechanic to do more difficult jobs. As for fuel costs since I own two cars the costs are spread between them both. In the future my father will be getting my Subaru Outback wagon and I'm replacing it with a turbodiesel pickup.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #78 on: December 29, 2017, 07:37:34 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
1995 Honda Civic Hatchback it's all black with a hot pink stripe on the left side
I bought it for 300$ and still paying for it to make it to 4.5K
the cool thing is it came with weight reduction, roll bars, and a V8 engine 8)

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #79 on: December 30, 2017, 02:00:38 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
How could a V8 engine fit into a Honda Civic? :o
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #80 on: December 30, 2017, 05:50:14 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
How could a V8 engine fit into a Honda Civic? :o
Curious of this myself actually.....

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #81 on: December 30, 2017, 09:37:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
Me too. Maybe it's an extreme engine swap kind of situation. Although it's pretty extreme,
I have seen it. There are YouTube videos of civics with V8's, but keep in mind though it's not very common.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #82 on: December 30, 2017, 10:32:47 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I didn't think the chassis could handle the weight of a V8 engine, besides I thought they are front wheel drive?
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #83 on: December 30, 2017, 10:51:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
It probably couldn't handle the weight of a V8 engine, unless somehow modified to do so. lol

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #84 on: December 31, 2017, 09:07:33 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
The engine is in the trunk, the previous owner basically rebuilt the whole car from scratch, I have heard he's a mechanic or something but idk a lot about him
when he rebuilt the car he swapped the differential to RWD
The car has a vent so the engine can be vented, it is quite loud tho
The main and only problem is that the car keeps on breaking down
although there is weight reduction, the car is back heavy

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #85 on: December 31, 2017, 10:40:26 AM » Author: suzukir122
So the engine... is located in the trunk? What in the world was that former owner
doing to that car... lol

Interests:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #86 on: December 31, 2017, 11:08:40 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Idk trying to make it a Lamborghini lol

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #87 on: December 31, 2017, 01:02:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
That'll take a lot of work to successfully achieve lol... do you think maybe this civic would be worthy
of posting on YouTube? I'm sure, if it truly has a working V8 engine in it's trunk, it would be
sure to catch a lot of attention on YouTube.

Interests:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #88 on: December 31, 2017, 01:34:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
That'll take a lot of work to successfully achieve lol... do you think maybe this civic would be worthy
of posting on YouTube? I'm sure, if it truly has a working V8 engine in it's trunk, it would be

Yes I'm quite curious to see this aswell...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #89 on: December 31, 2017, 02:09:42 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann

I would also be interested to see a video. Mostly, because isn't this the same user who posted that heart shaped neon lamp and claimed he made it himself but which was later found out that the picture was taken from the internet.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies