Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65370 times)
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 03:21:46 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
@CEB1993: That sounds so delicious, my mouth was drooling when you mentioned that long thick cut bacon. :o ;D

I too love the hum and gentle breeze of a fan when I go to sleep, especially during the summer.

Strangely in my car if you put the heating on when it's cold the fan stays at the minimum speed but will automatically ramp up after it has warmed up blowing nice warm air on you.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 07:30:15 AM » Author: suzukir122
Fan sounds knock me out most of the time. But specifically the musical aspect of it, not just the sound of
the air. If the fans have sounds that match and they give off a duet ambiance type of sound (if that makes any sense)
that's when I drift off to sleep. Sometimes without even knowing it. lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:47 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's a picture of that thick cut bacon that I like so much.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 09:08:22 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
Dang that bacon looks so delicious. Lucky you CEB. ;D

I love hearing the sound of the air conditioning compressor kick in every so often when I fall to sleep along with the gentle humming of the fan. It is especially refreshing when you have a severe thunderstorm outside while you have a fan running indoors for some reason. I know I'm crazy. ;)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 06:58:43 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah me and severe thunderstorms being relaxing is an absolute no no. haha... if there is a severe thunderstorm,
I'm watching it to see what events unfold. Regular thunderstorms on the other hand, I could sleep through. Severe and
Supercell storms, no way.

And that bacon looks really good, but with me if the slice of bacon is that thick, it has GOT to be cooked throughout
the entire middle portion as well with no cold spots. I'm not sure if I've ever had a bacon piece ever like the pic
you just posted though lol

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #35 on: July 20, 2017, 11:52:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
Tight steering in sporty cars.  My Jetta has a 36 foot turning circle and the steering wheel takes 2.8 full turns to go from lock to lock.
Casting a fishing rod and hearing the small, fast ticking sound of a well strung rod

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:20:39 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 12:24:01 AM » Author: CEB1993
If the storm is bad enough to produce hail and strong winds, it is no longer fun for me.  I agree with you, Suzukir122 that some severe storms are not relaxing.  I'm happy with thunderstorms until the first hail stone falls, and then I freak out and go move my car to shelter.

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #37 on: July 21, 2017, 10:35:57 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
  I'm happy with thunderstorms until the first hail stone falls
Yep hail sucks.
Other than that I love a good big thunderstorm & nice heavy rain.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #38 on: July 21, 2017, 11:34:26 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yep Hail is never a good thing and they're often times associated with supercell storms. Especially
golf ball and grapefruit sized hail. And based on the structure of the storm, big hail stones are also
often times a sign that a potential tornado could be on it's way towards you.

Interests:

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 06:16:32 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Hail doesn't happen often here but I've noticed that the sky turns a greenish colour before hail does happen.

A while back I remember we had a very big powerful storm during the day and there was many close strikes. I opened the door on my Nissan and could smell the ozone so it must have been very close. I also seem to recall a slight tingling when I touched the metal body of the car as well. :o
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 10:09:59 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've witnessed a lot of thunderstorms this summer.  There are lots of afternoon thunderstorms that develop in the mountainous regions of the Carolinas and I have a perfect view of the storms from the back porch as they swallow the mountains in low clouds.  The thunder and lightning shows are amazing as the thunder echoes over the open area over the lake and I can see where the lightning strikes on the mountains across the lake.  Sometimes it's a nice gentle thunderstorm with light rain and soft rumbles of thunder.  I like to sit on the back porch with a beer for those relaxing types of storms.  It's amazing to see a storm develop, move across the landscape and then pass over my house.  Other times, the storms have been violent with heavy downpours, gusty winds, cloud to ground lightning, and deafening thunder.  Thankfully no hail since last March.  I close the doors and windows, stay inside, and often go down to the basement when one of these severe storms strikes.  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:20:36 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 10:19:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I've witnessed a lot of thunderstorms this summer.  My family and I have been spending our weekends at our new lake house in the SC mountains near the NC border.  There are lots of afternoon thunderstorms that develop in the mountainous regions of the Carolinas and I have a perfect view of the storms from the back porch as they swallow the mountains in low clouds.  The thunder and lightning shows are amazing as the thunder echoes over the open area over the lake and I can see where the lightning strikes on the mountains across the lake.  Sometimes it's a nice gentle thunderstorm with light rain and soft rumbles of thunder.  I like to sit on the back porch with a beer for those relaxing types of storms.  It's amazing to see a storm develop, move across the landscape and then pass over my house.  Other times, the storms have been violent with heavy downpours, gusty winds, cloud to ground lightning, and deafening thunder.  Thankfully no hail since last March.  I close the doors and windows, stay inside, and often go down to the basement when one of these severe storms strikes. 
Ooooh looks like i found where i wanna live.... i love storms lol

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 12:34:19 AM » Author: tolivac
I like storms,too-often sit in my open garage and watch!
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 07:56:06 PM » Author: sol
Tight steering in sporty cars.  My Jetta has a 36 foot turning circle and the steering wheel takes 2.8 full turns to go from lock to lock.
Casting a fishing rod and hearing the small, fast ticking sound of a well strung rod

I miss that from my parent's old Jettas. We all have Toyota Corolla now and I still have trouble with getting used to the wider turning radius, even after 14 years.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:50 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
The tactile feedback of pressing in clicky buttons along with the click sound they make. Bliss. 8)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies