Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65371 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #180 on: March 25, 2018, 06:25:26 PM » Author: CEB1993
I love the feel of a freshly oiled or lubricated mechanism.  I coated the spring loaded door hinges in my car with lithium based grease to reduce some squeaking and stiffness that often develops with VW/Audi door hinges.  My doors are as good as new!  They don't squeak, and open much more smoothly now.

The picture shows the VW Jetta door hinge that uses spring loaded rollers to make the doors open in three stages.  I coated the rollers with lithium grease and they make the car feel brand new  ;D

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #181 on: March 26, 2018, 08:16:57 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Being behind the fireworks display because the sound and light go at the same time

Running up a escalator going down and not getting caught

Protecting my gf from people who just don’t respect her

When my gf wears my stuff and it she ends up making it smell like vanilla and glazed donuts

The fact that me nor my gf are dominant over one another, we just kinda sit in the middle and I’m talking about authority

Playing two songs on top of each other and the results sounding great

8Ft fluorescent tubes. 8feet of light baby

The fact that me and gf like the same types of music

Featuring my gf in a ID - ID or my ID for it to never be released to public

I can have a full blown conversation with her in Icelandic

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #182 on: March 26, 2018, 09:48:17 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Earning the love and trust of a catses.   =^.^=  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #183 on: March 31, 2018, 05:49:27 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Using my old VCR from 1993 to play some old VHS tapes for a change instead of DVDs and Netflix. 8)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #184 on: March 31, 2018, 03:48:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
When playing the minor pentatonic scale finally clicks and I can do it without fluffing it half way through.  ;D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #185 on: July 24, 2018, 06:35:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
When playing the minor pentatonic scale finally clicks and I can do it without fluffing it half way through.  ;D
Further progress has been made, I can now play a couple of melodies and I have now mastered the major pentatonic scale, playing three notes, then going back one note before playing three notes until you reach the end of the scale.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #186 on: July 24, 2018, 06:41:42 PM » Author: Rommie
Further progress has been made, I can now play a couple of melodies and I have now mastered the major pentatonic scale, playing three notes, then going back one note before playing three notes until you reach the end of the scale.
Well done, sweetheart  :-*

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #187 on: July 24, 2018, 07:25:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
More oddly satisfying things for me:

-The sound and even slight melody a fan makes, while you're trying to go to sleep. Especially when it's two fans
that sound identical, and have the exact same pitch. The clashing of the sounds seem to create other musical sounds, at times.
Very, very tough to explain.
-When drinking a nice cold drink, the cold sensation that travels down the stomach lining.
-The orange flashing from an EOL Fluorescent lamp, and also the orange or pink flashing from a Metal Halide lamp during start up.
Not sure if that's "oddly" satisfying though.
-The extreme pain I get several hours after weight-lifting. It's a good pain, and also very tough to explain.
-The reactions I get when I pass by people on my bike. Especially in motorcycle armor... although I find it a bit concerning
that people act as if they've never seen a motorcycle rider in armor before. Probably because no one wears their gear around here. Sigh

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #188 on: July 24, 2018, 09:24:38 PM » Author: sol
The very solid clicking sound of a very high quality door lock perfectly installed and adjusted on a nice hardwood door. Also the smooth action of a well cut key for said lock.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #189 on: July 25, 2018, 11:44:30 AM » Author: Rommie
The very solid clicking sound of a very high quality door lock perfectly installed and adjusted on a nice hardwood door. Also the smooth action of a well cut key for said lock.
Indeed. Having recently had a break-in to our block (although not to our flat, fortunately) we appreciate the quality of a good door and lock.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #190 on: July 25, 2018, 09:58:43 PM » Author: CEB1993
After driving through a heavy, soaking downpour and opening the car door to see that the rainwater didn't even penetrate the first of three seals on the door.  I love the feeling of being inside a car in the elements, sheltered from moisture and wind.  Almost feels like being inside a heavily armed tank.  My car doors are extremely watertight and do a great job at hushing road and wind noise.  The windshield is a different story as a gasket has gone bad and rainwater slowly leaks inside at the moment.  Wish me luck on getting that fixed  ;)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #191 on: July 26, 2018, 07:27:54 AM » Author: Rommie
After driving through a heavy, soaking downpour and opening the car door to see that the rainwater didn't even penetrate the first of three seals on the door.  I love the feeling of being inside a car in the elements, sheltered from moisture and wind.  Almost feels like being inside a heavily armed tank.  My car doors are extremely watertight and do a great job at hushing road and wind noise.  The windshield is a different story as a gasket has gone bad and rainwater slowly leaks inside at the moment.  Wish me luck on getting that fixed  ;)
When I was a bus driver, a lot of our buses leaked like hell around the windscreen seals, and there were on many occasions great pools of water sloshing around in the wells underneath the screen  :o

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #192 on: July 26, 2018, 08:33:22 AM » Author: Rommie
What kind of buses did you drive and what was your favourite? Where I used to live they used ancient leyland Olympians (or titans, I can never remember) right until the mid 00s. One of them was an A reg! I also remember we had Dash bodied darts that were so gutless they could barely get up a half decent hill; one of their routes took them up such a hill and if the bus was well loaded it did about 2-3mph in first gear. A school was up that hill and they rarely used the darts for that run, instead using beefier Volvos that went like the clappers.
I worked for Travel West Midlands as it was then, they've now been taken over by National Express. The most common buses in the early days I was there were Metrobuses and Leyland Lynxes, also the Dennis Trident buses as seen behind the Metrobus:

The Leyland Lynx was a fast bus, they had no speed limiters in those days and I once had one up to an indicated 70mph along the M6. The only problem with them was the cab window. They rattled something awful and we had to stuff paper in the runners to stop them doing it  :D

My favourite bus of all time though is the London Routemaster, I never drove these in service of course, but I was privileged to drive this one, which is part owned by Ken Bruce of BBC Radio 2.
I know him slightly through a friend of the family, and knowing I had a bus licence, he offered me a drive  ;D

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:35:12 AM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #193 on: July 26, 2018, 09:04:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm now starting to learn to play the mandolin, and I think I'm going to like it.  8)

Oh, and reviving a thread on the board...  :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:06:08 AM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #194 on: July 29, 2018, 05:53:34 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Those click(s) you get from your thermostat when you turn it on, this also follows it turning on about one second later and the lights throb because of the heavy load that's just been applied.

Looking at the spill of light coming from a TV on the ceiling.

When it's early morning or late afternoon (normally the sky has an excellent deep blue or purple look to it) and you are biking or driving through a HPS lit place and you look up seeing the orange lamps and the blue or purple sky, also same thing happens on the street itself, if it's a poorly lit road then you can see that sections of the street are blue and orange fills in the remaining gaps.

The constant re-appearing shadow that you get when walking under a generally lit place (like a hallway and sometimes even a street).

Where light from a HPS seems to leak into a room thats nowhere near it or even in view.

Turing on a HPS and putting a magnifying glass to it and you point it towards the ceiling and when you reached the focal point, it projects a nice and dimmer image of the arc tube for easy viewing.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies