Author Topic: Oddly satisfying things  (Read 65366 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #225 on: September 22, 2018, 01:53:05 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I find a mass startup of MH, HPS, or MV to be satisfying, each light source has it's unique startup.
Some of the same light sources could startup differently.
Sometimes you can even hear the ballasts roar simultaneously which always makes it better. You guys agree? 

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #226 on: September 22, 2018, 01:55:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I find a mass startup of MH, HPS, or MV to be satisfying, each light source has it's unique startup.
Some of the same light sources could startup differently.
Sometimes you can even hear the ballasts roar simultaneously which always makes it better. You guys agree? 

We tend to only light one lamp at a time, as they need to be left running for at least a couple of hours and we can't justify the cost of doing it.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #227 on: September 22, 2018, 01:57:21 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
We tend to only light one lamp at a time, as they need to be left running for at least a couple of hours and we can't justify the cost of doing it.
I was referring to like a gymnasium or something, but your statement makes sense.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #228 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:06 PM » Author: Rommie
Especially if it's our 1000W mercury lamp, aka Freddie :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #229 on: September 27, 2018, 12:33:53 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
When you get a new computer or similar, and on the flat surfaces it has that film protective cover to stop dust and fingerprints. Pulling that off slowly is rather pleasing!
I totally agree! But only if you peel it off slowly.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #230 on: September 27, 2018, 12:36:11 PM » Author: Rommie
Tasting the first slice of freshly baked bananananananana bread (it's in the oven as I type this, can't wait till it's ready :D)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #231 on: February 10, 2019, 11:12:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
When I'm viewing a YouTube video from a YouTuber dealing with NEW super/hyper-sport cars and super/hyper-sport bikes, and I realize
those exotic vehicles are being lit by F40T12 and F96T12 magnetic cool white Rapid Start lighting. Very new exotic cars/bikes, lit by
very old and reliable fixtures/lights. Million dollar cars, btw.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #232 on: December 04, 2019, 05:59:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Being able to play a piece of music on the mandolin at the correct tempo without missing a note  ;D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #233 on: December 04, 2019, 09:26:46 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Crashing on a motor bike at 30 mph and landing on my feet.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #234 on: December 04, 2019, 10:14:23 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Crashing on a motor bike at 30 mph and landing on my feet.
Did this actually happen?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #235 on: December 04, 2019, 11:01:58 PM » Author: FGS
Did this actually happen?

It could happen. I’ve seen a vid of someone on a dirt bike and he managed to reach the top but somehow the bike decided to leave him and just went into orbit. Skip to 1:25 in the vid if you don’t want to watch a turd Chevy try to climb that hill. It’s hilarious. https://www.facebook.com/1500553123537634/posts/2245456915713914?vh=e&sfns=mo

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #236 on: December 05, 2019, 10:45:15 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Homebrewlamps, well I'm glad you're alright man, if that truly happened. Luckily that's a lightweight bike
with a very small engine! If it weren't, things would've ended much worse.
Here's an oddly satisfying thing for me: comparing my old apartment with my new apartment, viewing all
of the improvements. Large vaulted ceilings... also oddly satisfying.
One other one... echoes. Hearing echoes has always been oddly satisfying to me, no matter where.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #237 on: December 09, 2019, 08:44:24 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Using 'percussive maintenance' to make something work again  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #238 on: December 09, 2019, 03:44:26 PM » Author: Medved
Statement:
Everything electrical works on the principle of a compressed magic smoke.
Proof:
Once the smoke leaks out, the thing usually stops working...
Or you haven't seen the smoke escaping from a device while the thing has been just failing?

No more selfballasted c***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Oddly satisfying things « Reply #239 on: December 23, 2019, 07:02:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Getting a 6V bubble tube to bubble just by holding it in your hand  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 12:25:59 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies