Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254635 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1050 on: October 31, 2021, 04:03:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It's the turn of a Vialox Nav-T 250W HPS lamp that was made in Germany to be litted. :a_son-t:  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1051 on: November 01, 2021, 12:54:10 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I finally made it so that I can light lamps of my 2x36w fluorescent fixture in living room individually from a wall switch. That's something I have been always thinking would be fancy to have.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1052 on: November 01, 2021, 07:03:17 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It was another round of Lamp Box Tetris to find the Atlas starter lamp for the 4 pin starter socket we got last week.  :poof:

And that was a good opportunity to rearrange how the boxes are stacked.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1053 on: November 01, 2021, 07:04:38 PM » Author: Rommie
Only problem was the blasted thing didn't work when we tried firing it up, no idea why, the lamp is fine, maybe the starter in it is EOL, I don't know  :(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1054 on: November 01, 2021, 10:53:55 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Fixed the socket wiring on my M400, i had to modify the connectors since "variety pack" somehow doesn't mean size, its color. ::) I had to crimp them in an interesting way to prevent them from being too tall but it all worked out and it's fine. Also added a grounded cord as that slipped my mind when first wiring it. :-[

Needless to say my skill level in bodging went up a bit. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1055 on: November 02, 2021, 05:53:15 AM » Author: Rommie
That's good, always useful knowing how to (safely) bodge things  :bulbman:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1056 on: November 02, 2021, 09:53:59 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Needless to say my skill level in bodging went up a bit. ;D
Some of the bodges I've made are still working over twenty years since they were done.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1057 on: November 03, 2021, 03:12:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Tonight we've got the 32W MH lampses that runs on DC that we got from Tim litted.  :emh:

We were going to have a 50W HPS lampses that we got from Michael in Switzerland running.  :hps:

But we had a delivery of the ballast that we needed for the MH lampses this evening, so that's what we've got on.  :bulbman:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2021, 04:48:59 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
How can you test it if it's missing a socket.?  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1059 on: November 04, 2021, 05:05:46 PM » Author: Rommie
Ben, you promised you wouldn't use alligator clips again  :'(

By the way, it's "under-cabinet" lighting.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1060 on: November 08, 2021, 07:33:12 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Got a pair of Philips (HN) FS-4 starters on clearance at a Home Depot (the one that converted its interior lights to LED.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1061 on: November 09, 2021, 01:48:14 PM » Author: Econolite03
More like yesterday. I went to Home Depot and purchased a Metalux strip light at a decent price for my rental property. These are neat little fixtures to work with considering the types of lamps the ballast can run, or the capability of fitting different ballasts in it. I posted a pic in my gallery.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1062 on: November 09, 2021, 03:54:18 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another day, another room heater.  :lol:

This time it's a 400W MV reflector lamp.   8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1063 on: November 10, 2021, 04:28:11 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Sorted a little problem out with one of the 600 x 600 mods in our accounts office!
First of all, we have a new member on our maintenance team at work, his background is building, but while me and my colleague were at our other site this afternoon, he was the only one on main site that was called to do a simple tube change out in accounts.

Unfortunately through no fault of his own, the 600 x 600 mod decided it wasn’t going to play nice!, and it fell apart on him!
The capacitor in the circuit had been slowly disintegrated with heat, and it’s pot came off it, sadly the new guy, (not knowing what it was), grabbed hold of its ‘energised’ foil innards and tried to push it back into the gear housing!  :o, by some miracle it didn’t bite him!, but as he re-fitted the louvre, the thing fell into it, blowing all the lights in accounts!

He was thankful he got lucky when I told him what it was, and I removed it from circuit and fitted LED tubes into the mod that wouldn’t need a PFC in circuit, but it just goes to show how a simple tube change can easily go south to unsuspecting people!  :wndr:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1064 on: November 16, 2021, 12:14:29 AM » Author: joseph_125
Cleaned up the wiring in a Cooper wallpack. The ballast looked to have been replaced and the replacement was hacked in. The capacitor and ignitor were just lying inside.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies