Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249751 times)
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1170 on: July 25, 2022, 12:25:54 PM » Author: Molly
Ordered a brand new basking bulb for my lizard named Zeus

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1171 on: July 26, 2022, 11:35:19 AM » Author: Molly
Ordered a spare UVB bulb for Zeus.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1172 on: August 01, 2022, 05:09:00 AM » Author: 108CAM
Here's a few things I've done recently.
I've saved more stuff (mainly fluorescent) from trash piles, I bought this 1x40w streetlight and I plan to build a fixture for this T10 tube.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1173 on: August 04, 2022, 01:10:14 PM » Author: thelightingman
I hung up my AEL Series 11PKG NEMA head and my Regent DL-70H 70W HPS yardblaster up on my house today.  :hps:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1174 on: August 05, 2022, 10:45:40 PM » Author: thelightingman
Converted my second AEL series 11PKG NEMA head to 100 watt MV.  :mvc:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1175 on: August 06, 2022, 08:02:22 PM » Author: Cole D.
I bought a banker's lamp at Goodwill.  ;D

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1176 on: August 06, 2022, 08:27:08 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Replaced the recessed square light in the laundry room with an LED edge-lit flush-mount light.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1177 on: August 09, 2022, 10:47:58 AM » Author: thelightingman
Revived my R175M from the dead

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1178 on: August 15, 2022, 12:20:52 AM » Author: joseph_125
Cleaning up the Thorn Beta 6 I recently got. It's was quite nasty inside but it's coming together nicely.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1179 on: August 17, 2022, 08:11:11 PM » Author: 108CAM
During the past 2 weeks I've been replacing my rickety old racks and insufficient storage system with a new hybrid workbench/storage rack system that's already proven to be a game changer. The next few days will be spent moving everything out of it's temporary home in my parents room and back into my room.
The new racks are also great for mounting lights and telephones which is another interest of mine. I'll be sure to upload photos of the before and after of the progress.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1180 on: August 18, 2022, 05:45:07 AM » Author: Rommie
Hmmm, telephones, are you a user of the CNet system..? If you are, +4422423654 will ring this  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1181 on: August 18, 2022, 08:11:39 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today I got in the post another oil lamp, which I've now got litted.  ;D

I've definitely got one more in the way and I'm hoping to get another.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1182 on: August 22, 2022, 08:50:44 PM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Today, I tested the wattage of all my non etched incandescent lamps, and found the 40 watt incandescent lamp I have been missing for a long time. :laugh: :a_inc:

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1183 on: August 23, 2022, 07:54:23 AM » Author: 108CAM
I found and saved 3 Philips Vandalites and 6 vintage bowling pins in a pile of rubble at the kinder I went to as a child. I fondly remember playing with the bowling pins and am so happy to have saved them and of course, the Vandalites. Photos coming soon!
(The kinder is being extended and refurbished, hence the rubble pile.)

1925-2002

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1184 on: August 23, 2022, 12:03:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've spent more money on oily lampses.!!  ;D  :mrg:

Photos to follow when I get them.  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies